The official 2017 "adopt a player" thread

Larz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take Chad Hansen.

Chad_Hansen_Coat_And_Tie_NP_07312016326.

Because he's a dreamboat...

Who says Mac doesn't know how to draft? Our last handsome (super scrappy!) white offensive weapon was getting old, so he made sure we had another one to develop for the future. That's called thinking ahead, folks!

Also, because I liked what I saw on tape for him. His competition level and usage will be a lot different in the NFL than in college but its hard to argue with 92 catches and a 125 yards a game. This was a great pick in round 4.

• 1 month later...

2016 Season in Review

Shell was inactive for seven games, including the first six of the season, but don't be fooled: The Jets want him to be the starting right tackle when Week 1 rolls around. Shell, who has great bloodlines (see: Hall of Fame great uncle Art Shell), looked out of sorts in training camp and the preseason before the powers that be essentially put him on ice for more than three months.

He played only 10 offensive snaps through the first 13 games before starting the final three games (against three AFC East opponents). Injuries to Breno Giacomini and Brent Qvale thrust Shell into the starting lineup in mid-December. And he didn't disappoint.

Shell didn't allow a pressure in his first two career starts (83 pass block attempts), according to Pro Football Focus. He didn't allow a sack in any start. Although the Jets blocking scheme afforded Shell plenty of help, the rookie showed promising signs to build on.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:00 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Adopt a player.  For only $1.50 per day - the price of half a cup of coffee - you can save adopt your favorite young Jet player."

In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Darron Lee because he's such a cute little man who not all their in the head.  I feel like I could be a great influence on him, on and off the field.  After all, we're both spectators.  We'd have fun together.  

Plus, he can fit in your pocket!

I will take chainsaw, Julian Howsare.  I think that with the team using a fullback he will be active and will score his first touchdown, as well as being a key part of the coverage team.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Plus, he can fit in your pocket!

I will take chainsaw, Julian Howsare.  I think that with the team using a fullback he will be active and will score his first touchdown, as well as being a key part of the coverage team.

Pocket sized and precious. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Can we "adopt a player" we hope will be on the Jets next year after the 2018 NFL draft? - those games might be more fun to watch?

I would prefer the Jets ignore Ohio State in that 2018 draft you refer to.

Gholston.  Devin Smith.  Schlegel.  I am not impressed with Kyle Wilson, oops I mean Darron Lee, either.

Nuge was OK, but a kicker in round 2?

Save for Nick Mangold... they are busting out pretty bad.

54 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I would prefer the Jets ignore Ohio State in that 2018 draft you refer to.

Gholston.  Devin Smith.  Schlegel.  I am not impressed with Kyle Wilson, oops I mean Darron Lee, either.

Nuge was OK, but a kicker in round 2?

Save for Nick Mangold... they are busting out pretty bad.

Agree on the the Jets drafting Ohio State players, I was thinking of the other OSU for this draft

Mason Rudolph threw 28 touchdowns and just four interceptions in 2016. (Getty)

On 6/8/2017 at 9:48 PM, Bleedin Green said:

This sounds like homework.  Fine, in that case I call dibs on Ross Martin.

BREAKING NEWS:  Martin made some kicks.  He missed some too.

Ok, I'm done.

Catanzaro misses from 30 and 45, off the upright from 55, 3 of 6 #JetsCamp #Jets

Martin 5 of 6, ends on a 55 yarder with plenty of leg, missed from 45 #JetsCamp

So... Martin wins.

Archived