Sign in to follow this  
Larz

The official 2017 "adopt a player" thread

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
21 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'll take my Bama Home Boy Ardarius

Ct2pQ6QUIAApqxL.jpg

I almost picked him.  What do you think of him?

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'll take Jamal Adams 20170609_061934.png 

cool pick.  I don't want to jinx the poor kid, but he could be special

I'll take Chad Hansen.

Chad_Hansen_Coat_And_Tie_NP_07312016326.

Because he's a dreamboat...

Who says Mac doesn't know how to draft? Our last handsome (super scrappy!) white offensive weapon was getting old, so he made sure we had another one to develop for the future. That's called thinking ahead, folks!

Also, because I liked what I saw on tape for him. His competition level and usage will be a lot different in the NFL than in college but its hard to argue with 92 catches and a 125 yards a game. This was a great pick in round 4.

2016 Season in Review

Shell was inactive for seven games, including the first six of the season, but don't be fooled: The Jets want him to be the starting right tackle when Week 1 rolls around. Shell, who has great bloodlines (see: Hall of Fame great uncle Art Shell), looked out of sorts in training camp and the preseason before the powers that be essentially put him on ice for more than three months.

He played only 10 offensive snaps through the first 13 games before starting the final three games (against three AFC East opponents). Injuries to Breno Giacomini and Brent Qvale thrust Shell into the starting lineup in mid-December. And he didn't disappoint.

Shell didn't allow a pressure in his first two career starts (83 pass block attempts), according to Pro Football Focus. He didn't allow a sack in any start. Although the Jets blocking scheme afforded Shell plenty of help, the rookie showed promising signs to build on.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Connor Harris old school ILB.

Aka- New ILB Harris 

Aaka- Actual Tiny Linebacker. Well, alright by like two inches.

5 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Aka- New ILB Harris 

Aaka- Actual Tiny Linebacker. Well, alright by like two inches.

Shorter yes 10 pounds heavier.

I'm thinking more Zack Thomas. Lee looks more 215 - 220.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:00 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Adopt a player.  For only $1.50 per day - the price of half a cup of coffee - you can save adopt your favorite young Jet player."

In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here

Darron Lee because he's such a cute little man who not all their in the head.  I feel like I could be a great influence on him, on and off the field.  After all, we're both spectators.  We'd have fun together.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Darron Lee because he's such a cute little man who not all their in the head.  I feel like I could be a great influence on him, on and off the field.  After all, we're both spectators.  We'd have fun together.  

Plus, he can fit in your pocket!

I will take chainsaw, Julian Howsare.  I think that with the team using a fullback he will be active and will score his first touchdown, as well as being a key part of the coverage team.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Plus, he can fit in your pocket!

I will take chainsaw, Julian Howsare.  I think that with the team using a fullback he will be active and will score his first touchdown, as well as being a key part of the coverage team.

Pocket sized and precious. 

looks like brandon shell is starting off backing up Qvale at RT

that's ok, that might mean we have a little depth over there

That CB from Ole Miss drafted this year, whatshisface

Dakota Dozier on offense? Sure

OOOOOOOH, did this already. I was going to go with Wilkerson in this post too, but wanted to be hip and fresh by picking whathisface on defense.