Report: Ravens Emerge as Possible Landing Spot for Decker

JetNation

IMG_2905.jpg?fit=2648%2C2105

By Glenn Naughton

Days after news broke of the Jets intentions to trade or release wide receiver Eric Decker, insider Albert Breer claims the Baltimore Ravens have been talking to the Jets about acquiring the 6′ 3” Decker.

After a sensational 2015 in which Decker caught 80 passes for  1,027 yards and 12 touchdowns, he would go on to miss the final 13 games of a nightmare season in 2016.

Decker is unlikely to net the Jets anything more than a late-round draft choice, or a conditional mid-rounder.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
HAHUDiB8eMw

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

A bag of twinkies at best, since they telegraphed the move. Personally I think Woody is back to his meddling ways again.

He's decided Bowles and Maccagnan are gone after 17, and he's full on for the Tank. 

If it's for Chips Ahoy, we know who led the negotiations.

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

A bag of twinkies at best, since they telegraphed the move. Personally I think Woody is back to his meddling ways again.

He's decided Bowles and Maccagnan are gone after 17, and he's full on for the Tank. 

If this is true, give that man a cigar!

Maccagnan: Gosh, it'll be tough, but I'll part with Decker for a...second rounder. [bites fist]

Ozzie: No.

M: A third?

O: No.

M: Two fifths?

O: No.

M: We give you Decker, you give me, like, four sevenths.

O: How about you give me Decker and a third rounder and I give you nothing?

M: That's outrageous!

O: Fine. Give me Decker and a fourth.

M: Ah-ha! You got a deal, pal! 

I sure am glad we announced that Decker would be released (if we could not find a trade partner). That sure increases the chances of getting something back.

Is there anything this organization does correctly?

17 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I sure am glad we announced that Decker would be released (if we could not find a trade partner). That sure increases the chances of getting something back.

Do you really think other GMs wouldn't know that there was a high likelihood that we would release Decker considering all the other vets we already cut?

Just now, MTJ06 said:

Do you really think other GMs wouldn't know that there was a high likelihood that we would release Decker considering all the other vets we already cut?

Um...no, not in June, no I do not. But I can guarantee that we will get nothing for him now that the whole NFL knows our intentions to release him. Same with Sheldon, we were desperate to trade him and now everyone knows he will be unrestricted next year and can be had for nothing.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Um...no, not in June, no I do not. But I can guarantee that we will get nothing for him now that the whole NFL knows our intentions to release him. Same with Sheldon, we were desperate to trade him and now everyone knows he will be unrestricted next year and can be had for nothing.

It's been out there for months that this was going to happen once he passed his physical.

"Also do not be surprised if Eric Decker, who is rehabbing from hip and shoulder surgeries, is also cut this offseason if/when he passes his physical, a source says."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-release-wr-brandon-marshall-article-1.2987588

21 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Oh yes, the rest of the league would never have known! :rolleyes:

Actually, letting the league know that there is a chance to grab Decker for a 6th or conditional 5th or 6th, might just do the trick because any team that wants him might worry about some other team getting him if he's available as a FA?  Any team that waits for his release risks another team grabbing him and negotiating a new contract beyond 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

How do you say that with such certainty?

Guy has played 14-16 games every year of his career with only one exception in 2016.

Even when he can suit up for 14 games, he is hobbled and doesn't play the same. We saw it for ourselves.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Most annoying person in the history of F list wannabe celebrities.

Really don't know what the "F list of wannabe celebrities" is, and don't really care to, not into being a celebrity groupie  most celebrities are A-holes any how, but I do know the young lady is smoking hot 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

If we can get a fifth or better it is a great deal. He has little trade value but if Baltimore really wants him then a fourth is not unreasonable. Just no Vilma language,

I don't see it. 

Pats gave a 4 th for Moss

Jets gave a 5 th for Marshall

Decker isn't worth much coming off hip and shoulder surgery.

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Right because no GM could have imagined the rebuilding jets would try to move Decker. You guys act as if this a public Yahoo fantasy league and all the other teams are run by 12 year olds willing to give up draft picks for David Harris if only we asked nicely. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right because no GM could have imagined the rebuilding jets would try to move Decker. You guys act as if this a public Yahoo fantasy league and all the other teams are run by 12 year olds willing to give up draft picks for David Harris if only we asked nicely. 

I don't think no ones giving up any thing for Harris, he's old and slow (never fast), now just a two down thumper. Decker I think with the reactions of the both Bowles and Macc  was a shock to them both, I smell some Woody meddling. They could have said nothing about Decker, but they chose to say they are parting ways.

Although he's still here (yet). The Ravens makes so much sence, they may even just wait till we cut him?

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I don't think no ones giving up any thing for Harris, he's old and slow (never fast), now just a two down thumper. Decker I think with the reactions of the both Bowles and Macc  was a shock to them both, I smell some Woody meddling. They could have said nothing about Decker, but they chose to say they are parting ways.

Although he's still here (yet). The Ravens makes so much sence, they may even just wait till we cut him?

Depends if there is more then one team interested.  Decker is still fairly young, and seemed totally recovered in the OTA's.   Think there might be some interest there.  Guy is an excellent #2 

A team that trades for Decker gets him for 2017 at $7.25M and 2018 for $7.5M with no dead cap if cut after 2017.  If Decker plays well in '17, they got him on the hook for 2018 at a reasonable price. If they keep him for those 2 years at those prices and then let him go as a UFA, then that would increase their eligibility for a comp pick too.

On the other hand, a team that picks up Decker as a FA (after the Jets cut him this week) would have to negotiate a deal, which will likely have a meaningful signing bonus along with significant amount of guaranteed money for a player coming off injuries and surgeries and could wind up costing more than the $7.25M with a no-risk option for 2018.  I can easily see why a trade could be more appealing to an interested team than waiting for the Jets to cut him.  In fact, the trade would probably cost a team considerably less and with ZERO guaranteed money than getting him as a FA.  

51 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Depends if there is more then one team interested.  Decker is still fairly young, and seemed totally recovered in the OTA's.   Think there might be some interest there.  Guy is an excellent #2 

I like Decker, hate the move, one more year, to help the young guys, but I guess Woody says No!

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I like Decker, hate the move, one more year, to help the young guys, but I guess Woody says No!

Of course I don't know for sure, but I don't think this is a Woody move at all.  IMO he's totally handed the reins over to Macc, and told him to get a QB, and rebuild the team no matter what it takes.  This is all going to make or break Macc's career.  if he hit's on a franchise QB in 18, he'll be a legend around here.  If he misses, his career is probbly over.

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

A 2 or 3 rounder woyld be great. Never cared for him. Never felt as if he was a jet

If only dreams came true. We'll be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rounder for him. At least that's something. I hope Decker nets 1000+ yds. this year. Can't tell you how disgusted I am this week with the Decker and Harris moves. This is one of the truly lowest of the low points for me as a NYJ fan. And I've been a fan for almost 50 years.

Archived