If you don't go to games are you a "real Jets fan"?

TuscanyTile2

19 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I 4th from left white Pennington jersey.....:D A real Jets fan cheering for someones daughter to show their breasts. 

I don't engage in discussion with banned forum members so please don't call me out, tag me in posts, or make attempts to draw my attention again. 

SAR I

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2017 at 6:23 PM, joewilly12 said:

I had to create an account to reply to this...  Ive been reading occasionally since the last website situation few years back...you probably dont remember me

SAR and I had conversations in threads at the previous website about season tickets, money spent etc etc blah blah blah.. (My family had them from 1961 - PSLs).  One of the first 100 people to have them.  I havent been to a game since the PSL/New Stadium. Doesnt make me any less of a fan than the guy I was at all those hundreds of games in the past.

SAR looks just like I thought he would look.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Only poor people believe this old wives tale.

SAR I

LOL. Just another post as evidence of your true nature. It must really suck to be so blatantly shallow. Do you really feel the need for validation so much that you need to flaunt your "wealth" on an internet message board? Its sad really. I have the name of a really good therapist who specializes in just your area of delirium. PM me and I will give you their info.

Actually now that I look back, this could well be the template for the Jets this year:

CASSIUS
[the orator]

On this day we reach back to hallowed antiquity to bring you a
recreation of the second Fall of Mighty Carthage. On the barren
straits of Zama, there stood the invincible armies of the
Barbarian Hannibal. Ferocious mercenaries and warriors from all
brute nations bent on merciless destruction and conquest. Your
Emperor is pleased to give you THE BARBARIAN HORDE!

[On the arena floor, Maximus talks to the Gladiators, instructing
them.]

MAXIMUS
Anyone here been in the army?

FELLOW-FIGHTER #1
Yes

FELLOW-FIGHTER #2
I served with you in Vindobona.

MAXIMUS
You can help me. Whatever comes out of these gates, we have a
better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand?
We stay together, we survive.

46 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Just another post as evidence of your true nature. It must really suck to be so blatantly shallow. Do you really feel the need for validation so much that you need to flaunt your "wealth" on an internet message board? Its sad really. I have the name of a really good therapist who specializes in just your area of delirium. PM me and I will give you their info.

I am not flaunting my wealth. You are flaunting your financial insecurity. 

SAR I

On 6/13/2017 at 11:24 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I like that SAR is essentially describing the purchase of Jets tickets as helping one move up in a pyramid scheme.

Sounds very much like an Amway pitch trying to convince himself that it makes sense. 

On June 12, 2017 at 10:02 PM, JetsFanatic said:

I've had Season Tickets since 1978.  That said, no one has the right to judge how good a fan anyone is.  We all know in our own hearts how we feel about the Jets.  I don't think anyone can be a bigger fan than me, but life happens and sometimes you just can't get to the game.  Also tickets have gotten so expensive, economics sometimes dictate whether or not to buy tickets.

Bottom line, going to games is not a barometer on how big a fan one is.

Totally agree here.  And also, some imply that money is a barometer that measures your fandom.  That is total bullish*t.

I have been blessed to be able to afford and go to many Jet games in my life but it doesn't make me a better fan than the "down and out" guy who roots and reads about the Jets every day, the 15 year old kid with Jet banners and posters plastered on his bedroom wall watching on TV or disabled vet who roots and watches every game from the hospital.

I will agree that going to games is a luxury.  But half of those privileged pricks in the stands possess no where near the fandom that the group I cited above does.  

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

4th from the left 1-2-3-4 white jersey PENNINGTON..

No idea if it's his real pic but. if so, are you sure he's okay with you posting it online?  Seems like it might be crossing a line.  

Yeah

The living room experience keeps getting better, the game experience stays the same or is getting worse. 

Add in the mobile experience growing up and going to games is becoming basically a novelty 

Look, Woody can do whatever he wants to and I'll still be a Jets fan. And I want to go to games this year even if they are $17 each on Stubhub because nobody wants to go. We've been through this before with a number of New York teams. Look, the worst case scenario is the Jets crash and burn this year and Woody has an excuse to fire Bowles and Mac. And I'd go even further in terms of bad scenarios. Something that would make me want to quit as a Jets fan. What if he then re-hires Rex Ryan as Jets HC. Someone he has always personally liked and a guy out of coaching. I mean if he did that I would want to leave. But I can't. Jets fan for life. 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No idea if it's his real pic but. if so, are you sure he's okay with you posting it online?  Seems like it might be crossing a line.  

*Many other photos posted on this forum cross the line more so than this one. 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have just reported this to the mods.

SAR I

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's him, but since you can't see his mug, thankfully, there's no infraction here; unless YOU are implying his face and @$$ are identical and one in the same. :D

On 6/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Pedestrian, officers vs. enlisted men, A-level, B-level, C-level, fortune, poseur.

I never liked the other place.  Did he run the same bit over there?   

On usenet he was a racist with a foot fetish. People change. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

*Many other photos posted on this forum cross the line more so than this one. 

JoeWilly12: I banned you for a week recently. Which was a miracle that you didn't get a lifetime ban. Your next spelling error will result in a lifetime ban. If you PM me to explain your side, you will get a lifetime ban. Actually, you are going to give yourself a 48 hour time out. If you post again over the next 48 hours, even to agree with this, you will get a lifetime ban. Simply put we are absolutely done with your bullshit. It is in no way acceptable to post pictures of other people without their consent.

Sar: tone it down. The act is annoying and attacking groups of people isn't acceptable.

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Disagree. You can't see his face and as you stated you don't even know if its really him. The guy is basically crossing the line when he talks about his idea of what a "real fan" is anyway.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:29 AM, JiF said:

I dont know about going to the games but I do know, you're not a real fan unless you wear authentic jerseys. 

I only go to a few games and only wear t-shirts, so I'm like, really not a real fan.

it took far too long into this thread for this response. I'm disappointed in this place. 

Archived