If you don't go to games are you a "real Jets fan"?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so when I lived in Long Island in the 70's I went to many games at Shea

I moved to NJ later on and so did the Jets so I went to a few games here and there.

In the 90's I lived in Passaic Park and went to many games as I could always find scalped tickets. My schedule was to hectic to buy in advance back then

since then I lived in south Florida and saw them there..it seemed like a home game

last 19 years been in Charlotte and I see them when they come here.

So I never go to games hardly, however I  see every game good or bad I suffer through them.....

However still I am still a real fan and my kids are being raised to suffer as well even though we do enjoy a Panthers game occasionally as well.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:56 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Personally I've only gone to a handful of Jet games in my life (the best being 41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs and the worst probably being Vinny T's opening day ruptured Achilles tendon) but I certainly feel like a "real Jet fan".  Just wondering what the consensus on the forum is.

Side note: I would absolutely never even consider paying for a PSL.  I've always been a sports fan but ticket prices are absolutely insane.

Ive been a Jets fan since 79, when I was 9.

Ive never been to a game, but some day the stars will align and I will get to go. Hard to make it a one day trip from Maine and get to work in the morning, so I would have to hit a cheap hotel and call out of work if I couldnt get the time off. (no Im not going to a Jets game in Foxboro)

I envy you guys that live closer to the stadium and get to go, but I consider myself just as big of a fan as those that do.

I would imagine that the very title to this thread is offensive to many Jets fans who simply can't go to games.  

This board loves pissing contests as to who the are the "good" fans and who aren't.  Pointless.  We are all fans.  Going to games is a personal choice. Choosing not to doesn't mean you aren't a fan and doesn't mean you aren't a "good" fan, whatever that means. 

Now I can ignore the rest of this thread.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, Flushing Roots said:

Totally agree here.  And also, some imply that money is a barometer that measures your fandom.  That is total bullish*t.

I have been blessed to be able to afford and go to many Jet games in my life but it doesn't make me a better fan than the "down and out" guy who roots and reads about the Jets every day, the 15 year old kid with Jet banners and posters plastered on his bedroom wall watching on TV or disabled vet who roots and watches every game from the hospital.

I will agree that going to games is a luxury.  But half of those privileged pricks in the stands possess no where near the fandom that the group I cited above does.  

Great post. Totally agree. Judging your fandom by how many games you go to is so stupid. It means nothing. Some people spend their entire time at games on their smart phone.

I've been blessed to be able to afford season tickets until I gave them up and still go to many games because I occasionally miss the atmosphere of the game at the stadium. But plenty of people are huge fans who simply don't enjoy going to games like they once did. I fall into this category. I love this team and franchise so much. But going to games after a while stopped becoming as fun as it once was. The game day experience watching at home I found much more enjoyable. That's just my opinion. But because I don't go to more than 2 games a year, it doesn't make me any less of a fan than the guy who goes to all the home games and travels to the away games. That's just what that person likes to do, good for them, but that doesn't make them a bigger fan.

Archived