Demario Davis paycut made official/public

Mogglez

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

So, the Jets played a game of chicken with BOTH Harris and Davis to restructure. Davis bit, Harris stood his ground, just as he did on the field, and got the boot. 

COLD Blooded. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So, the Jets played a game of chicken with BOTH Harris and Davis to restructure. Davis bit, Harris stood his ground, just as he did on the field, and got the boot. 

COLD Blooded. 

I need one of these dudes to find the negative spin on this please. 

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

so Macc not only dump Pryor and his useless salary but got Davis in return at discount and cut Harris and his pay

that must please even the ardent Macc hater capologists

Looks like the Jets mean business. Macc may have taken a few business courses

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

No problem. We used a first round pick on a safety, which in the end netted us the ability to exchange said first round pick for a cheap replacement at ILB because we extended our other ILB for too much money. Jets fans are now praising this as a good thing.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No problem. We used a first round pick on a safety, which in the end netted us the ability to exchange said first round pick for a cheap replacement at ILB because we extended our other ILB for too much money. Jets fans are now praising this as a good thing.

We traded our 1st rounder from '14 for our '12 third rounder. And yet, we got BOTH younger (safety and at ILB) and CHEAPER (safety and ILB)

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not only did we use a 1st rounder for this bad safety, we passed on what looks like 3 franchise QBs to do so. Idzik, actually was, good

This a satire or a little confusing, ya know..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Where do you guys get these freaking Ideas... Davis left as a Free Agent... and signed a two year contract with the browns.  Jets traded back for him with a failed Idzik pick and a pay cut... Yet this is some how Bad... and somehow Mac's fault....??? Mac didn't draft Pryor... So why is this seen as such a failure... It would have cost the Jets more money to cut Pryor... but instead they save money and get a player... Jets can cut Davis tomorrow and its still a great deal... There are plenty of busts in the NFL, Pryor as well as almost all Idziks picks are failures and its Macs fault that Idzik set this franchise back 5+ years.  Learn where to place blame...

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

so Macc not only dump Pryor and his useless salary but got Davis in return at discount and cut Harris and his pay

that must please even the ardent Macc hater capologists

I have agreed with the move from the beginning.  Harris was horrible and needed to go.

It still doesn't change the other 90% of Macagnan moves which have sucked

I don't see the downside of these moves especially now seeing the numbers.

Pryor was useless.

Sad to see Harris go but these are tough decisions rebuilding teams make

now back to the tank we need a QB

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Where do you guys get these freaking Ideas... Davis left as a Free Agent... and signed a two year contract with the browns.  Jets traded back for him with a failed Idzik pick and a pay cut... Yet this is some how Bad... and somehow Mac's fault....??? Mac didn't draft Pryor... So why is this seen as such a failure... It would have cost the Jets more money to cut Pryor... but instead they save money and get a player... Jets can cut Davis tomorrow and its still a great deal... There are plenty of busts in the NFL, Pryor as well as almost all Idziks picks are failures and its Macs fault that Idzik set this franchise back 5+ years.  Learn where to place blame...

Idzik still has a few die hard supporters on here, so Calvin Pryor being a bust actually does fall on Mac for some reason.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

please stop with the first round pick on a safety crap. The only place I read that sh*t is here on JN. How do two top safeties work out or have been working out for the Seahawks ? Plenty of safeties have been catalysts for great defenses for a long time now especially in a league where teams have been using the middle of the field more and more with the TE. If Adams becomes a disruptive force and Maye does well in coverage we will have a damn good tandem for a long time and there is no reason we can't be optimistic about that. I have a feeling our secondary will do well this year all we lack IMHO is a good LB corp and hopefully we address that in next years draft and with an abundance of cap money our so called horrible GM freed up after trying his best the last 2 years to win now as the owner directed him too. Mac addressed team needs and the Veterans let both him and the Fans down can't say I blame the guy for that.

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Demario Davis is a starting linebacker for Jets. Paid like a backup and still overpaid for his production.

And, despite spending a first rounder on one, and committing another $15 mil to the position two years ago, the Jets are going into 2017 with the worst starting ILBs in all of football. 

12 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Jets fan: "Maccagnan found another player the Browns didn't even want, who had so little leverage that he had his salary cut to the minimum, and now he's the lock starter on my football team! CHECKMATE, BIG MACC!"

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

please stop with the first round pick on a safety crap. The only place I read that sh*t is here on JN. How do two top safeties work out or have been working out for the Seahawks ? Plenty of safeties have been catalysts for great defenses for a long time now especially in a league where teams have been using the middle of the field more and more with the TE. If Adams becomes a disruptive force and Maye does well in coverage we will have a damn good tandem for a long time and there is no reason we can't be optimistic about that. I have a feeling our secondary will do well this year all we lack IMHO is a good LB corp and hopefully we address that in next years draft and with an abundance of cap money our so called horrible GM freed up after trying his best the last 2 years to win now as the owner directed him too. Mac addressed team needs and the Veterans let both him and the Fans down can't say I blame the guy for that.

Did you just say you want to use next year's draft to address the linebacker position?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Did you just say you want to use next year's draft to address the linebacker position?

Yes I did why ? Are you assuming I meant the first round pick ? No that will be on a QB unless in your world we pick 7 QB's next year

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Archived