Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetsbb

Rich Cimini changes his tune on QB Competition

Recommended Posts

Remember when Rich was mockingly calling it a fake competition and then putting it upon himself to say it is a fact Josh Mccown will be the starting QB not even qualifying it as an opinion? Now.....

"2. The quarterback gap isn't as wide as we thought. Christian Hackenberg performed a little better than expected and Josh McCown -- aka the kindergarten teacher -- wasn't quite as sharp as anticipated, especially in minicamp. McCown remains the favorite to start, but it's not an insurmountable lead. Hackenberg has to show he can perform in preseason games. Bryce Petty is running third. No matter how it shakes out, it won't be pretty."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/69401/jets-conclude-shocking-offseason-with-many-questions-few-answers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Remember when Rich was mockingly calling it a fake competition and then putting it upon himself to say it is a fact Josh Mccown will be the starting QB not even qualifying it as an opinion? Now.....

"2. The quarterback gap isn't as wide as we thought. Christian Hackenberg performed a little better than expected and Josh McCown -- aka the kindergarten teacher -- wasn't quite as sharp as anticipated, especially in minicamp. McCown remains the favorite to start, but it's not an insurmountable lead. Hackenberg has to show he can perform in preseason games. Bryce Petty is running third. No matter how it shakes out, it won't be pretty."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/69401/jets-conclude-shocking-offseason-with-many-questions-few-answers

Just wait for the tide to turn again when Petty beats them both out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

duh.  first these morons open up bashing hack and anointing mccown as starter and now they're being more objective.  of course they've been beaten up with their fake news stories about how good (or bad) hack is and so now they're trying to recoup their reputations.  i think i'll take bowles judgement over cimini's or costello's or manish's any day of the week regarding the jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Remember when Rich was mockingly calling it a fake competition and then putting it upon himself to say it is a fact Josh Mccown will be the starting QB not even qualifying it as an opinion? Now.....

"2. The quarterback gap isn't as wide as we thought. Christian Hackenberg performed a little better than expected and Josh McCown -- aka the kindergarten teacher -- wasn't quite as sharp as anticipated, especially in minicamp. McCown remains the favorite to start, but it's not an insurmountable lead. Hackenberg has to show he can perform in preseason games. Bryce Petty is running third. No matter how it shakes out, it won't be pretty."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/69401/jets-conclude-shocking-offseason-with-many-questions-few-answers

And that's why he's an idiot just like all of them are. Making assumptions and mocking before anything takes place. McCown is a veteran but it's not as if he's a productive one. A talented younger player can easily beat him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Just wait for the tide to turn again when Petty beats them both out

Agreed. Hack was stuck in Pre-K last year and Petty advanced to 1st grade. From reports, Hack has leapfrogged to kindergarten.   Now that's progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azuma said:

Agreed. Hack was stuck in Pre-K last year and Petty advanced to 1st grade. From reports, Hack has leapfrogged to kindergarten.   Now that's progress. 

Preseason will be fun to watch.....not just for QB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Just wait for the tide to turn again when Petty beats them both out

Petty's getting really good. I heard he even ran for a 90 yard TD. Can't wait for Madden 2018!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rangerous said:

duh.  first these morons open up bashing hack and anointing mccown as starter and now they're being more objective.  of course they've been beaten up with their fake news stories about how good (or bad) hack is and so now they're trying to recoup their reputations.  i think i'll take bowles judgement over cimini's or costello's or manish's any day of the week regarding the jets.

Bowles opinions on QBs are very very suspect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

If you are emotionally invested in the team and the progression of the players this team has picked then preseason is much more exciting than Arena football.

Consider the source. Only a moron would declare Arena football is more interesting than seeing the young stable of Jets develop and get live game reps in August - yeah, a real Jets fan:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Consider the source. Only a moron would declare Arena football is more interesting than seeing the young stable of Jets develop and get live game reps in August - yeah, a real Jets fan:rolleyes:

Exactly right. If you are a Jets fan how can you not be excited about seeing the last three drafts blossom. They look energetic, eager, fast and hungry. Not to mention most of them have a great head on their shoulders. This is going to be an awesome season because it is going to be about which players lead the new generation of Jets and they will dictate what direction we go in success wise. This other guy can't be a real jet fan if he think watching a buncha nobodies we don't even know play rather than the players we invested valuable draft capital into. This is a vital season W/L record aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

If you are emotionally invested in the team and the progression of the players this team has picked then preseason is much more exciting than Arena football.

I don't know about that.  Arena football is a combination of football, hockey, rugby, high octane bumper cars, and nonstop action.  Watching preseason Jets football is like trying to get a disorganized kindergarten class to get in line.

https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/2015-07/05/55999b3fe4b0c3bfad2d7a31_568x320_v1.mp4?yrjAZ7A9EHX544QAU034mD-Tu0q224pv2IUFJSjI3oOK52vxwz_94Z2AUDOrrLeW

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Consider the source. Only a moron would declare Arena football is more interesting than seeing the young stable of Jets develop and get live game reps in August - yeah, a real Jets fan:rolleyes:

Only an insolent snob would take such a comment seriously. You really should fine a hobby like sticking your finger in an electric socket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Azuma said:

I don't know about that.  Arena football is a combination of football, hockey, rugby, high octane bumper cars, and nonstop action.  Watching preseason Jets football is like trying to get a disorganized kindergarten class to get in line.

https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/2015-07/05/55999b3fe4b0c3bfad2d7a31_568x320_v1.mp4?yrjAZ7A9EHX544QAU034mD-Tu0q224pv2IUFJSjI3oOK52vxwz_94Z2AUDOrrLeW

 

 

They can even throw sky diving into the game of Arena Football..I still wouldn't turn it on over watching the young Jets get live reps. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well that's not a very good suggestion. Jeez, sounds like a one time activity to me. Not much of a hobby.

The child has some beef with me because I rained on his parade that KD Canon is still a PS player at this point. So he now bashes me as a snob and wishes me ill will :lol:. I have him on ignore, but I appreciate you quoting him and bringing his petulant diatribe to light to further show his asinine ways and useless posts. 

 

Must our community TOLERATE SUCH EGREGIOUS ILL WILL by one poster towards another in our sacred asylum that is the Nation of Jets??? :lol:

 

Photo-by-ICanHazCheezburger.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×