Decker to the Titans. One year deal.

T0mShane

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

Any contract details?

I looked and didn't see any but it should come out soon. It's a one year deal probably with incentives. I'd guess the base is around 3 mil. If so a good deal for the Titans. 

2 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

Since she's going to be the bread winner in the family in a year or two, smart man.

That's what I was thinking.

It's not a bad fit, they are a young and improving team.   It's good for her, it's not bad for him.   Realistically, how much longer does he have?  2 years, tops?

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... a self indulgent rebuttal that completely missed my point ...

I can't help you if you feel the need to demean people that have done nothing to you ... and further ... have conducted themselves with integrity and professionalism - enhancing the team image .... unlike some of our home grown defensive linemen.

it's not about Man-ing up ... it's about being an adult. Name calling is for 1st graders.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Donnie, youre a bit wound tight. Relax. 

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not even two pages in and we're babbling about millenials and gays. Harumphs to everyone all-around. Job well done. 

Excellent use of the word harumph! 

12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

In the 6 year's before Decker was hurt in 2016, he missed a total of 4 games

That may be true but I remember quite a few cases in both 2014 and 2015 where there were reports on tightness in hamstring or whatever that limited his play but he was still active and he did not catch many passes.

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

In the 6 year's before Decker was hurt in 2016, he missed a total of 4 games

but there were several games in 2015 in which he was extremely limited even though he was suited up.  He wasn't himself for much of the season.  That can not be ignored.

Titans Agree to Terms with WR Eric Decker

Posted 17 hours ago

wyatt60x602016.jpgJim WyattSenior Writer/EditorTitansOnline.comEmail Twitter Instagram

The Titans on Sunday agreed to terms with veteran receiver Eric Decker, who visited with team officials last week in Nashville. Decker has played with the Jets and Broncos in his NFL career.

decker600-061917.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Titans have agreed to terms with veteran receiver Eric Decker on a one-year deal.

Decker (6-3, 214) adds another proven receiver to a group loaded with potential.

Decker, 30, spent the past three seasons with New York Jets before being released. He paid a free agency visit to the Titans on Wednesday, and watched a portion of practice with general manager Jon Robinson and coach Mike Mularkey.

A third-round pick of the Denver Broncos in the 2010 NFL Draft, Decker has 385 career receptions for 5,253 receiving yards and 52 touchdowns in seven seasons. He has three 1,000-yard receiving seasons in his career, including a 1,288-yard season in 2013. He's also turned in 12 100-yard performances.

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
WATCH MORE VIDEOS

REPLAY

Rapoport: Eric Decker agrees to 1-year contract with Titans
    watermark.png

gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAAAAACH5B

Slider thumb shadowSlider thumb
    00:00/01:10

Slider thumb shadowSlider thumb
    Decker spent his first four seasons with the Broncos before joining the Jets in 2014. Decker led the Jets with 74 receptions for 962 yards and five touchdowns in 2014. In 2015, Decker had 80 receptions for 1,027 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Decker was limited to three games last season. He was placed on injured reserve on October 12 before undergoing hip and shoulder surgeries. Decker returned to the team’s offseason program, however, as a full participant.

Since 2012, Decker's 43 receiving touchdowns rank fifth in the NFL and his 4,535 receiving yards rank 18th. His 33 red zone touchdown receptions are the second-highest total in the NFL over that time period. Between 2012 and 2015, Decker averaged 82 receptions for 1,085 yards and 10 touchdowns.

“We brought him in, and I talked to him this morning for about 25 minutes,” Mularkey said of Decker last week. “I got a chance to meet him; I’d never met him. It’s similar to a draft (visit), when you do the top-30 visits, it’s a similar situation. You get a chance to meet them and do a physical.

“The whole visit was to get to know him, and make sure he is healthy.”

The Titans clearly liked what they saw, and heard.

Quarterback Marcus Mariotaicon-article-link.gif was asked about Decker last week after practice.

“For me, you can’t really comment on those things because he is not a part of our team,” Mariota said. “So until he is, and all means I wish him the best. But I am happy with the guys we have now and the guys who are working. We’ll see where that goes.”

Decker joins a group that already includes veteran Rishard Matthewsicon-article-link.gif, who led the team in receptions and receiving yards last season. The Titans drafted Corey Davisicon-article-link.gif with the fifth overall pick of the draft, and also selected Taywan Tayloricon-article-link.gif in the third round.

Tajae Sharpe, who is recovering from foot surgery, also returns, along with Harry Douglasicon-article-link.gif, Tre McBrideicon-article-link.gif and others.

Decker, who has a home in Nashville, was congratulated via Twitter on Sunday night by former teammate Brandon Marshall.

Huge win for the @Titans. @EricDecker87 you're home!!! Enjoy brother.. .

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

On a serious note:

A fan can like or dislike whoever they choose. Nobody owes you an apology. 

I never cared for decker because he came to the NY jets partially because of his wifes career. So ive read.....

He wasnt drafted by us nor does he have any love for ny. 

He was also a part of that fitz drama, which i didnt appreciate. 

Now his country singer wife will be near nashville. Good for her. 

I dont pray death to the guy, i just dont care for players with questioned motivation for signing. Plus its all so gay, so kardashianesque, this wife thing. Man the hell up.... 

Questioned motivation for signing?  As opposed to the normal motivation for signing - money?

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

That may be true but I remember quite a few cases in both 2014 and 2015 where there were reports on tightness in hamstring or whatever that limited his play but he was still active and he did not catch many passes.

After a month or so, every player in the NFL has some type of wound.  The tough ones play thru them.  Decker did

Just now, flgreen said:

After a month or so, every player in the NFL has some type of wound.  The tough ones play thru them.  Decker did

Thats the point...he didnt "play thru them" since he sucked in those games and in 2014 he was counted on as the number 1 WR

but what does it even matter..he is 30 now coming off 2 major surgery ....the older you get it doesn't matter what your past was.  The older you get the harder it gets to play thru anything

esp with that hot ass wife of his who prob makes more than him sitting at home just waiting for him to get home and give her the decker.

Archived