The Hack fan bus is fueling up....

JohnnyLV

Who's getting in it with me?

I will admit I saw about 5 minutes total of passes by Hack in twitter videos but I have to say I am all aboard the Hack fan bus and want to see if anyone else is buying a ticket.

Some thoughts:

1. He is very well spoken, intelligent and confident while being humble. He is not a yeller, but everything I hear points to a very very smart player, that works hard, is very football knowledgeable  and has the personality to succeed.

2. We know he has the raw talent and measurables

3. Most importantly, the media was desperate to bash Hack hard in the mini-camp, but they couldn't. He showed that much improvement.

I get a good feeling about him, and I have decided I am all in. Who's with me?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im rooting for him just like everyone else on the team. He needs reps, as many as possible. My fear with Bowles is he'll start McCown for half the season and go 1-7. 

Its gonna be tough of Hacken with our roster devoid of talent. It'll be even harder if our season is done and everyone has mailed it in by the time our coach decided to actually play him. 

Im rooting for him just like everyone else on the team. He needs reps, as many as possible. My fear with Bowles is he'll start McCown for half the season and go 1-7. 
Its gonna be tough of Hacken with our roster devoid of talent. It'll be even harder if our season is done and everyone has mailed it in by the time our coach decided to actually play him. 

Yes, the roster has almost zero talent. Hackenberg is part of the no talent group

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I've been onboard since they drafted him.

I wanted him drafted by the Jets myself. I knew then it might be three years before we found out what Hack was capable of, hence I believed in the need of a quality bridge QB.  

That is someone who could win in the league and not be pathetic.  I myself was hoping that the Jets were going to use Glennon as such a QB.  They, Mac and Co., have a different take and now we have to see how it plays out.  

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Who's getting in it with me?

I will admit I saw about 5 minutes total of passes by Hack in twitter videos but I have to say I am all aboard the Hack fan bus and want to see if anyone else is buying a ticket.

Some thoughts:

1. He is very well spoken, intelligent and confident while being humble. He is not a yeller, but everything I hear points to a very very smart player, that works hard, is very football knowledgeable  and has the personality to succeed.

2. We know he has the raw talent and measurables

3. Most importantly, the media was desperate to bash Hack hard in the mini-camp, but they couldn't. He showed that much improvement.

I get a good feeling about him, and I have decided I am all in. Who's with me?

All aboard!!

IMG_1373.GIF

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fortunately for you guys, buses of this type only have eight or so bench seats, and the shorter overall length makes it easier to maneuver in and out of traffic. 

Leaving MetLife at the start of the 4th helps.

I'm on board for several reasons. First, he's now the underdog and everyone loves an underdog. Second, the whole "tanking" mentality is very risky and never seems to work.

I'd rather be patient and develop our young QB's, than pray we get the #1 pick and then pray again that the #1 pick is for real.

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not only did I pump the fuel in the bus, I'm sitting shotgun navigating this bitch while Dbates is driving and T0mShane is chilling on the road with his thumb up wondering why we didnt stop for him.

I'm all hopped up on Red Bull and Necco wafers. The needle hasn't dipped below 90

I was fine with him being the pick when they took him but watching him throw the football during camp and the preseason scared the bejesus out of me.

Hoping he cleaned that up this offseason and plays at a high level.

As many can attest I have always been a glass-half full Jet fan and have been supportive of Hack from the day the Jets drafted him. 

And no, I'm not a season ticket holder and watch the Jets (and have been for years) from the comfort of my living room. I guess you can do the math? 

Assuming he starts- as long as Hack can get protection from the O-line and the defense improves from last year (particularly the secondary), I think he will be alright and show that he can be a capable NFL QB. 

Defense and O-line will be critical b/c rarely does a pocket QB look good without protection from the O-line and rarely does ANY QB look good when the team is losing games and giving up a ton of points. 

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

As many can attest I have always been a glass-half full Jet fan and have been supportive of Hack from the day the Jets drafted him. 

And no, I'm not a season ticket holder and watch the Jets (and have been for years) from the comfort of my living room. I guess you can do the math? 

Assuming he starts- as long as Hack can get protection from the O-line and the defense improves from last year (particularly the secondary), I think he will be alright and show that he can be a capable NFL QB. 

Defense and O-line will be critical b/c rarely does a pocket QB look good without protection from the O-line and rarely does ANY QB look good when the team is losing games and giving up a ton of points. 

the fact that negative beat writers with an established anti-hack agenda have already written that he's basically even with mccown says a lot.

Not me. 

He has been practicing, and supposedly looks better than last year in drills.  However he was so awful last year, what exactly is the standard from which he improved?

Also, I believe when he starts getting smacked around behind the Jets OL while trying to throw from behind two or three scores.... he will revert to bad mechanics and decisions.

I wanted the jets to draft Hackenberg even if it meant using a late 1st to acquire him via a trade up scenario .

I wanted the Jets to sign Josh McCown as his mentor this off season and they did .

Not only am I on the bus, but I'm one of the relay drivers, one of the ticket collectors, the baggage handler and the janitors .  

Come next draft, if the Jets are in position to draft the top QB available, I won't even hesitate to take him . It's been forever since the Jets were stable at this position and having 2 or 3 young guys who has potential to be starters wouldn't bother me one bit .

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'm not on the bus. I'm glad there is a bus though. At least some of you are getting in board with the fact that this will be a fun season.

How can this not be a fun season? There are zero expectations.

For me as a fan, some of the most satisfying seasons are seeing a team build from the ground roots and finding hidden gems that serve as a future foundation for a building team. 

Of course, we will have those that will always be negative no matter the outlook of the team and look ti tear everything down. Such is the joy of fandom.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Not me. 

He has been practicing, and supposedly looks better than last year in drills.  However he was so awful last year, what exactly is the standard from which he improved?

Also, I believe when he starts getting smacked around behind the Jets OL while trying to throw from behind two or three scores.... he will revert to bad mechanics and decisions.

All is quite possible, but being a fan of the Jets and Hackenberg being a Jet, I prefer to hope for the best and deal with what transpires when it comes to fruition .

But that's just silly me .

56 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How can this not be a fun season? There are zero expectations.

For me as a fan, some of the most satisfying seasons are seeing a team build from the ground roots and finding hidden gems that serve as a future foundation for a building team. 

Of course, we will have those that will always be negative no matter the outlook of the team and look ti tear everything down. Such is the joy of fandom.

How can this not be a fun season?  7-9 with McCown starting most of those games.  That's my 'not-fun' scenario. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

All is quite possible, but being a fan of the Jets and Hackenberg being a Jet, I prefer to hope for the best and deal with what transpires when it comes to fruition .

But that's just silly me .

I am OK with hoping for the best.  If it turns out I was wrong about Jameis and ASJ, I will admit it.  Same goes for Hack. 

(However, I don't see any of the JNers that began defending Pryor early in '15 acknowledging how right I was about him. I also don't expect to see anything from the Mariota doubters when he starts balling like I know he will.)

What I am most afraid of with Hack or Petty, is that one of them shows just enough to make Macc think he is a franchise QB... and then they pass on the blue-chip QB prospects in April.

Archived