Shefter: David Harris to Pats

C Mart

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had to know that at least one of our cast offs would join the Patriots. Frankly, I hope Harris wins a ring. In reality, Belichick just made his LB crew a lot slower. Harris, for all that we love his time as a Jet, is one of the slowest LBs in the NFL. Can't wait to see Powell slip past him again and again.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

He will look good hoisting the Lombardi. 

Worst to First.  Good for him. 

No one ever looks good hoisting the Lombardi trophy in a Cheaters uniform. I love Harris but I do not wish him success with New England.

Whatever. A team can't hang onto players because of a concern over which team will pick him up.

Hopefully a TE/RB, that's his responsibility on the play, scores the winning TD that knocks NE out of the playoffs. 

We'd get to see NE get bounced, and those in mourning get a further reinforced reason why letting him go was the correct move for the Jets. 

Solid starter for a long time, but they finally did the right thing with him (even if it was handled late and clumsily). 

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

At no point, in either of their careers, has Davis ever been, or will ever be, better than Harris.

disagree.  If you watched Harris closely the last 2-3 seasons, his slowness is very noticeable.  And I love the guy, trust me.  He just may be the slowest LB in the NFL. I still love the guy.  But trust me that the most damage this signing is causing is to Jets fans egos.  It will have little impact on the field other than making NE's LB crew much slower.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

disagree.  If you watched Harris closely the last 2-3 seasons, his slowness is very noticeable.  And I love the guy, trust me.  He just may be the slowest LB in the NFL. I still love the guy.  But trust me that the most damage this signing is causing is to Jets fans egos.  It will have little impact on the field other than making NE's LB crew much slower.

Agreed on all accounts, but you know Harris will have a pick 6 to win the Super Bowl.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed on all accounts, but you know Harris will have a pick 6 to win the Super Bowl.

If that happens, I will stand up and cheer for him.  If that despicable, arrogant, cheating, scumbag team is going to win another ring, at least let Harris be the hero.

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

Former Jets LB David Harris has reached agreement on a two-year deal with...the New England Patriots, source tells ESPN.

I wish it was April 1 and I found out you were pulling my leg.  This really sucks. Even if his best days are behind him.

Archived