Shefter: David Harris to Pats

C Mart

Here comes the "woe is us" crap from too many fans, but I'll focus on Harris and wish him luck.  It doesn't change the fact
that he's had trouble with speed and he's still 33 years old.  If he can get another playoff run good for him

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well we know his strengths and weaknesses we should be trying to expose him with backs and TEs every time we play the pats.

Did they hire someone who knows what a TE is yet?

maybe that is what he wanted all along...wonder how much pay cut he took that he would not do for jets

the reports didn't say anything about the Jets even talking to him about his contract and given Harris surprise about it...he was never aware of the jets reaching out to him

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

the reports didn't say anything about the Jets even talking to him about his contract and given Harris surprise about it...he was never aware of the jets reaching out to him

actually they did - his agent was in talks for him with jets on contract and agent refused to accept Jets offer so they cut him.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Good for him. Its a business. The Jets treated him without any regard for loyalty, so he did the same. No shade should be thrown his way. 

The Jets gave him big, fat contracts. LOL

You can't remark "it's a business" and then make the argument about loyalty in the next breath. The two notions are diametrically opposed. 

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't want to derail this thread but this isn't true

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

btw if i was in talks with Pats while still under contract with Jets the I would try act surprised too ....not that there was tampering but it would not surprise me.

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

F*ck the Patriots. As a Jets fan I wish them no success. I love reading "Jets" fans wishing the Pats success. 

Exactly.  As soon as Harris was released, I moved on.  I root for the laundry.  I don't wish him any success as long as he's on the Pats. 

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

They're winning the Super Bowl.  100% guaranteed. 

Harris will likely only play short yardage obvious running plays under Belichick. There is a good chance they win again, but part of that is the reality that #1 seed in the playoffs is too much of an advantage in the NFL.

I think it is the best. And I completely serious. The Jets are finally finally doing the right thing and trying to build a team the correct way.

In theory you re correct. I'm a huge David Harris fan so seeing him in a Pats uniform turns my stomach. If he wins a ring, I'll be happy for him but still. Stomach turning.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Jets gave him big, fat contracts. LOL

You can't remark "it's a business" and then make the argument about loyalty in the next breath. The two notions are diametrically opposed. 

The mere mention of both were used for the same result. I said its a business, which means loyalty shouldnt be complained about by any Jet fan. 

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

They're winning the Super Bowl.  100% guaranteed. 

They aren't going for a Superbowl. Nobody here seems to get that. They're going all out for a perfect season. Bellicheck wants to rub that in Don Shulas face for calling him out in the media several times over the years. He wants to shut up all of those pathetic old guys like Mercury Morris. He wants to end he and Toms Career with the best, most dominant, most successful NFL season ever.

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If that happens, I will stand up and cheer for him.  If that despicable, arrogant, cheating, scumbag team is going to win another ring, at least let Harris be the hero.

You guys have to stop with all this "cheating" nonsense. NE doesn't cheat anymore than any other team. In fact the only thing that can even be remotely called cheating was having a camera a few feet out of position. Spygate had nothing to do with what was being taped. It was 100% about from where it was being taped. Everything else has been proven to be made up: Deflategate (the Colts' footballs were also deflated), taping walk throughs (the reporter apologized for making it up). Hard work, smart coaches, and smart players.

Just now, ricko1112 said:

You guys have to stop with all this "cheating" nonsense. NE doesn't cheat anymore than any other team. In fact the only thing that can even be remotely called cheating was having a camera a few feet out of position. Spygate had nothing to do with what was being taped. It was 100% about from where it was being taped. Everything else has been proven to be made up: Deflategate (the Colts' footballs were also deflated), taping walk throughs (the reporter apologized for making it up). Hard work, smart coaches, and smart players.

oh look.  We have a new Pats troll here.  Don't start the same old crap dude.  Go back to Patsfan.com for the koombahyah circle jerk of Pats fan delusions.  Pats cheat.  And the classic Pats fan "everybody does it" excuse is unacceptable here.  It has been tried and always fails.  Good luck to you.  Enjoy David Harris.  He's a good player, but very slow, and a good guy.

6 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

LMAO Whos man is this?!

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The mere mention of both were used for the same result. I said its a business, which means loyalty shouldnt be complained about by any Jet fan. 

I don't think you said what you meant.

4 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Seems like you might be very stupid.

12 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

False.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Seems like you might be very stupid.

he's just trying to derail the thread by converting into the stale "Pats don't cheat, and if they do, everybody does it" skit.  Been there, done that.  He must be new here.

Jeez.....Harris is a slow and aging linebacker who was cut from a team that is doomed to be one of the worst teams in football in 2017.  I'm confused as to where all this outrage is coming from?  Where was everyone's outrage  when TE's and RB's across the league were catching passes up the middle and killing us game after game over the last few years?  This move actually comes a year or two too late as far as I'm concerned.  Next man up!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

we had to know that at least one of our cast offs would join the Patriots. Frankly, I hope Harris wins a ring. In reality, Belichick just made his LB crew a lot slower. Harris, for all that we love his time as a Jet, is one of the slowest LBs in the NFL. Can't wait to see Powell slip past him again and again.

Powell won't reach Harris. 

23 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Stay on topic or I will end you. Who the hell you think you are to come here to our message board and tell us what we can and can't discuss jerk-off? This thread is to discuss a very good Jet leaving to more than likely win a championship with the Pats. Not another he said she said pissing contest. We have had plenty of those. Not doing that today. 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stay on topic or I will end you. Who the hell you think you are to come here to our message board and tell us what we can and can't discuss jerk-off? This thread is to discuss a very good Jet leaving to more than likely win a championship with the Pats. Not another he said she said pissing contest. We have had plenty of those. Not doing that today. 

The big fella Crusher is like...

giphy.gif

Still glad the Jets released him. The only guy I'd have liked to see end his career as a Jet is Mangold....who should be a borderline HOFer. 

The rest whatever. Didnt need to overpay for a older vet in Harris. He should help the Pats which is fine. Still prob a solid run defender.

solid Jet, thanks for the time bye

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I was simply correcting a mistake that another poster made. Most fanbases want to be informed. What I said was no different that if someone said Harris signed with the Rams. Would you not have corrected that error? The few times I've posted here have been in support of what the Jets have been doing and I just wanted to clear up a false reference.

Archived