Sheldon needs to STFU volume XII

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean this quote?

"I mean, I don't tank nothing," Sheldon Richardson told NJ.com. "So that's all opinions outside of this organization. We don't come here -- and we're not going to go through training camp, and have 14-hour days -- to go tank a season. I'll be damned."

Meh. I see nothing wrong with Sheldon saying this at all (if this is the supposedly-offending thing he said). If Leonard Williams had said the same thing we'd all be gushing over how awesome he is and how this is another example of his great leadership.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

nicely done. you guys think this thread will get him to shut up or nah

So by that logic, we should just shut the board down. Because nothing we say here has any effect or influence on what the Jets do, how Disney will continue to frack the dog with Star Wars, or any other non social related conversation.....

Wicked smart, brah

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

"I mean, I don't tank nothing," Sheldon Richardson told NJ.com. "So that's all opinions outside of this organization. We don't come here -- and we're not going to go through training camp, and have 14-hour days -- to go tank a season. I'll be damned."

Meh. I see nothing wrong with Sheldon saying this at all (if this is the supposedly-offending thing he said). If Leonard Williams had said the same thing we'd all be gushing over how awesome he is and how this is another example of his great leadership.

Actually I want the players to be saying this. Good for Sheldon.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So by that logic, we should just shut the board down. Because nothing we say here has any effect or influence on what the Jets do, how Disney will continue to frack the dog with Star Wars, or any other non social related conversation.....

Wicked smart, brah

I think there is a difference, albeit minor, between casually discussing Star Wars and you writing an abrasive letter to Sheldon Richardson.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

See Sperm Edwards post above. Some things are better left unsaid. Especially by dumbasses like Sheldon.

What was wrong with what he said? Sounds like he is going to train hard, play hard and try win. That's kind of the attitude you want from your players. Sure Sheldon is a dope, but that statement is spot on. And I am one of those guys that want this team to tank, but I don't want that tankjob to come from the players, I wanted it from the Front Office (which is why we parted ways with the likes of Marshall/Decker/Harris/Revis and replaced them with younger players.)

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Actually I want the players to be saying this. Good for Sheldon.

"I don't tank nothin'."

LOL last year it was, "Who cares, where them bitches at?!"

The media keeps going to him because every time he speaks its a chance to embarrass the Jets. Hes a moron.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think there is a difference, albeit minor, between casually discussing Star Wars and you writing an abrasive letter to Sheldon Richardson.

You're right. The Star Wars cultural impact is exponentially greater than this sh*tshow of a team will ever be. Next to Luke Skywalker, Sheldon is an anonymous nobody not worth a minute of time. LOL

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"I don't tank nothin'."

The media keeps going to him because every time he speaks its a chance to embarrass the Jets. Hes a moron.

In the face of nationwide discussion of the Jets tanking this year, how is it embarrassing the Jets for their talented player to rebut that by saying he and his teammates aren't tanking?

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just shut up, bro. You're a stupid a-hole living on overrated press and rep from 3 years ago and one more misstep from a year long suspension. 

Stop talking.

Neg repped you for your idiotic outburst. Players talk. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

That is definitely what I meant.

Oh stop it. Cry me a river for Sheldon Richardson's feelings. Get back to me when Shelly is a Cowboy or whatever next year and sh*ttalks the Jets all training camp. 

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"I don't tank nothin'."

He's quite the wordsmith.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wicked smart, brah

If we're being realistic, no. Nothing we're discussing here has an effect or influence on the Jets. We're talking to each other. Not to them.

If the Jets are taking to JN for ideas on how to be the Jets. Then **** it. I'm done.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also, definitely what I meant.

Its my opinion expressed on an internet message board that a poorly spoken, proven idiot with two strikes against him and has been on the trading block for a calendar year should keep a low profile. You disagree. 

Let freedom ring.

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just shut up, bro. You're a stupid a-hole living on overrated press and rep from 3 years ago and one more misstep from a year long suspension. 

Stop talking.

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Neg repped you for your idiotic outburst. Players talk. 

=D> 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its my opinion expressed on an internet message board that a poorly spoken, proven idiot with two strikes against him and has been on the trading block for a calendar year should keep a low profile. You disagree. 

Let freedom ring.

I don't really agree or disagree. This is getting weird. The internet is a strange place. I'm going outside now.

The thing is, he's right.  Fans talk about tanking and losing certain games on purpose for draft position but the reality is, nobody in the NFL thinks or acts that way.  They're all trying to win every singe game they play.  You dont put in the effort these guys do every single day to just got out and tank because fans say it's the right thing to do.  This is their profession and they're not going to go out on the field to half ass it and risk injury for the idea that some kid could possibly be the savior of the franchise, if they even decide to declare.  Everything they do is on tape and that tape is everything. Especially for a kid like Sheldon who's trying to get paid next offseason or a Coach like Bowles who is probably coaching for his job. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The thing is, he's right.  Fans talk about tanking and losing certain games on purpose for draft position but the reality is, nobody in the NFL thinks or acts that way.  They're all trying to win every singe game they play.  You dont put in the effort these guys do every single day to just got out and tank because fans say it's the right thing to do.  This is their profession and they're not going to go out on the field to half ass it and risk injury for the idea that some kid could possibly be the savior of the franchise, if they even decide to declare.  Everything they do is on tape and that tape is everything. Especially for a kid like Sheldon who's trying to get paid next offseason or a Coach like Bowles who is probably coaching for his job. 

I agree, nobody wants players that will purposefully lose or play poorly. But reacting to to a reporters bait is dumb. And its splashed all over NFLN and ESPN already. Not needed. 

If it was Williams or Enunwa or the other guys who kept their composure and played hard through last year and demonstrate professionalism as a rule, then yes. 

But Sheldon (or Wilkerson, etc) that obviously dogged it last year and was an obvious issue off the field, then no.

I just don't like Richardson and don't think he's worth the problems. Whatever. 

48 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean this quote?

Im not sure how to interpret Sheldon's comments.

I don't tank nothing

I do not tank nothing

So does that mean he does tank something? I hope so, and if so, I think his comments are F'ng awesome! Tank this bitch!!

Archived