let us see how long Mauldin Lasts now

SickJetFan

54 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Im no lawyer but hell yea that makes u look guilty. 

Hes guilty. 100%.no doubt pos

Nonsense. The alleged victim couldn't even identify his attacker to the NYPD. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Good thing you have him guilty and have decided that not only is he guilty that it's a character flaw.  

Got to love SOJFs 

What I'm saying is that we always pass up extremely talented players that had some issues in college, for way less talented players who didn't have issues, but then end up having issues when they are with us.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Thank you. Some serious Self-hating Jets fans here. Why are so many here so quick in wanting to be validated that they were correct on a draft pick sucking?

Jets LB Lorenzo Mauldin, accused of punching a man in an April 2 nightclub altercation, was charged with misdemeanor assault after turning himself this morning, according to a New York Police Department spokesman. Per the arrest report, Mauldin allegedly punched the man in the face. An August 16 court appearance is scheduled. Previously, Mauldin was sued by the alleged victim, a Queens man who suffered multiple facial fractures. Mauldin's attorney said his client witnessed the altercation, but didn't commit the assault.

It's a money grab by the "victim"

"The suit also targets the Highline’s corporate owner, Greenwich Village Entertainment Group, and three other companies allegedly tied to the event."

picc.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=286

The way some of you vultures iike to pile on and bask in the glow of bad news regarding Jets players. :rolleyes:

Omg dude is fine. He's not dead. Viva la Lorenzo!!!!

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Thank you. Some serious Self-hating Jets fans here. Why are so many here so quick in wanting to be validated that they were correct on a draft pick sucking?

Jets LB Lorenzo Mauldin, accused of punching a man in an April 2 nightclub altercation, was charged with misdemeanor assault after turning himself this morning, according to a New York Police Department spokesman. Per the arrest report, Mauldin allegedly punched the man in the face. An August 16 court appearance is scheduled. Previously, Mauldin was sued by the alleged victim, a Queens man who suffered multiple facial fractures. Mauldin's attorney said his client witnessed the altercation, but didn't commit the assault.

It's a money grab by the "victim"

"The suit also targets the Highline’s corporate owner, Greenwich Village Entertainment Group, and three other companies allegedly tied to the event."

picc.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=286

The way some of you vultures iike to pile on and bask in the glow of bad news regarding Jets players. :rolleyes:

That guy just looks like he needed a punch.

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

He isn't going to face any jail time, as this case will never make it to court.    Mauldin will pay off the alleged victim, and they will drop the charges.    

So basically Mauldin is heading to Sing Sing for three consecutive life terms. 

My goodness. START THE F'ING SEASON ALREADY.

The bitching over everything this off-season is totally out of control. And to think, talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick and FOOTBALL this time last season caused people to pretend like the site was unreadable. Meanwhile, this off-season is filled with stupid non stories about a whole bunch of nothing. 

This has become pathetic. 

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So basically Mauldin is heading to Sing Sing for three consecutive life terms. 

Yeah but only 2 life terms with good behavior.

Looks like IK blew him up.

Maybe one of them safeties can play LB (Lee cant)

Paging Bryan Thomas......

Gotta wonder if the fans complaining about him punching a guy are the same ones complaining about D.Lee for not punching a guy? 

I'll just wait for facts to come out. If it's true that the guy can not identify his accuser it's kind of hard to think Mauldn was the dude throwing the punches.  How many big guys with shoulder length multi color dyed dreads were in the area when he got hit?  Kind of stands out I'd think.

And was the drink spilled or poured/thrown?  I mean you have to restrain yourself and keep a cool head as a pro athlete. No question. But a young 20 something in a bar fight is not a huge problem for me. When I was that age, we got into the same type of bullsh*t. You still gotta grow up and pull your sh*t together, but it's not like he's beating some woman down. For me it's a forgivable offense if he did it, so long as he grows the eff up.  It's not a problem of selfishness or laziness or him being a repeat offender in the joke of the NFL drug program.  He's not putting his team at risk here for a 1 time bar brawl.  I'd be pissed if he threw the punch, but in this situation, I'd be all for a second chance.  The guy has been known for being a high character guy, has been nothing but a solid citizen, hard worker and good teammate from the moment he joined the team.

if mauldin did this he should pay.  but there is every reason to think the "victim" is a little bit of a punk who sees a paycheck.  the first thing is to find out if mauldin actually beat on this guy before condemning him. hopefully the nfl will also wait to see what the courts say before levying any punishment.

Can he positively identify his attacker or does he have a bunch of witnesses who can back him up?  I mean, if Maudlin did that they he deserves to go down but was it somebody in his party that did it?  Not going to make any assumptions yet.

56 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My goodness. START THE F'ING SEASON ALREADY.

The bitching over everything this off-season is totally out of control. And to think, talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick and FOOTBALL this time last season caused people to pretend like the site was unreadable. Meanwhile, this off-season is filled with stupid non stories about a whole bunch of nothing. 

This has become pathetic. 

Bro, you forfeited any point of view on quality content after that flail-fest you put on over Fitz and Geno.

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Im no lawyer but hell yea that makes u look guilty. 

Hes guilty. 100%.no doubt pos

^This has to be one of the most ignorant posts ever.  When the prosecutor calls your attorney to tell him/her that you are about to be charged, you have 2 choices:  Walk in to the police station or prosecutor's office on your own or get arrested at your home or workplace in front of your family, friends and colleagues and do a perp walk wearing cuffs.  Now tell me, genius, which one makes you look more guilty?  

Don't quit your day job.  You know nothing of criminal law and common practice therein.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good thing he stinks.

You say that but believe it or not he was actually the best player in OTA's by far.  Maybe our OL is just horrible but he was looking great in OTA's.  Another gem by Macaganan

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

The only way you could get arrested is through feasonable evidence. 

He guilty.... Take off the green googles

horsespit. It could very well be that the prosecutor is relying on depositions from the civil case, none of which have been verified and many of which could be complete fabrications from a guy and his friends who just might be looking to cash in.  Do you honestly think that prosecutors only charge people against whom they have compelling evidence, feasible evidence or even reasonable evidence?  If so, then you are even more ignorant than I thought. Prosecutors are known to reach for the stars quite often.  Something tells me that if Mauldin weren't a Jet, there would be no civil suit and certainly no criminal charges.  We'll see just what the evidence shows.  Maybe he slugged the guy and maybe someone else did, but one thing for sure... suing Mauldin in civil court could get the victim more money than suing the guy who actually did it, if he even knows who did it.  He's going after the biggest fish in the club.  Looks like a shot in the dark by the plaintiff and the prosecutor going for a headline.

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

What I'm saying is that we always pass up extremely talented players that had some issues in college, for way less talented players who didn't have issues, but then end up having issues when they are with us.

happens on EVERY team.  Not just the Jets.  Sometimes in a very extreme way.  

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

if mauldin did this he should pay.  but there is every reason to think the "victim" is a little bit of a punk who sees a paycheck.  the first thing is to find out if mauldin actually beat on this guy before condemning him. hopefully the nfl will also wait to see what the courts say before levying any punishment.

you know... most trendy nightclubs in Manhattan are filled with surveillance cameras.  So where's the tape?  If there were one, he would have been arrested the next day.  At best, there is very weak evidence.  Good luck convicting on hearsay and foggy drunken memories. 

29 minutes ago, thadude said:

You say that but believe it or not he was actually the best player in OTA's by far.  Maybe our OL is just horrible but he was looking great in OTA's.  Another gem by Macaganan

There do seem to be a lot of people that can type with their butt holes in this thread.

Archived