JiF

JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I was born in '87 so I guess I'm a millennial.  When I went to high school there were still jocks and nerds however.  

Of course, but the lines drawn between them are nothing now like they were in the 80's. 

The shift started in the 90's with Gen-Xers. The jocks suddenly wanted to be more like the "cool" nerds who were into the good music, wearing clothes that weren't from teh gap, and so on... the groups started borrowing from each other. 

Which is where you get a 300lb football playing nerd for baby crusher.

As Lewis and Gilbert were transferring their stuff from their dorm to the gymnasium, they heard a ruckus across the courtyard in another dorm room:

rs_1024x759-130830133236-1024.Edwards-Re

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Of course, but the lines drawn between them are nothing now like they were in the 80's. 

The shift started in the 90's with Gen-Xers. The jocks suddenly wanted to be more like the "cool" nerds who were into the good music, wearing clothes that weren't from teh gap, and so on... the groups started borrowing from each other. 

I see all the high school kids now are into the really tight clothing.  When I was in high school int he early '00's, baggy was the thing that was in.  I'm not even sure how kids really even learn anything anymore.  I would just have my smart phone out and google everything.  

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Millennials don't really do the jock/nerd thing. They're all trying to be everything at once. Like they are the only unique humanoid in existence.

As long as they don't kill anyone, knock anyone up or get popped for DWI Im good. I gave up trying to understand my boys the day they graduated high school. Now they gotta take their bumps and figure it out like I did.  Of course I hope with less nights in jail and less trips to the emergency room.  Fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I see all the high school kids now are into the really tight clothing.  When I was in high school int he early '00's, baggy was the thing that was in.  I'm not even sure how kids really even learn anything anymore.  I would just have my smart phone out and google everything.  

I graduated in 2000, and people were wearing baggy pants and wallet chains when I was in school. We had a lot of dorks, jocks, and goths. 

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Am I the youngest person in here?  

what gives you that impression? 

40 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I was born in '87 so I guess I'm a millennial.  When I went to high school there were still jocks and nerds however.  

Oh.  

////mod tucks back behind the curtain

Official Vote Count:

Ballin (1) - Crushlove 

JC (1) - Ballin

DPR (1) - Nolder 

Nolder (1) - DPR 

Verb (1) - Hess 

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

what gives you that impression? 

Crusher talking about his kids are out of high school.  Leelou who I thought was around my age judging by her picture is still 5 year older me.  Ape talking about high school in the 80's.  I'm over here still trying to figure out when is the right time to propose to my girlfriend.  

53 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I think 87 is generally the cutoff.

You probably feel more akin to Gen X than millennials despite being grouped with them.

Just now, Nolder said:

You probably feel more akin to Gen X than millennials despite being grouped with them.

I do.  I don't identify with the common millennial.  

51 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think sports/competition has been marginalized while at the same time young people saw that those nerds were having a good time with their video games and comic books.

I don't think nerds borrowed from jocks...I think "jocks" were given a bad rap so they became other things, including nerds.

I never noticed a trend of nerds getting into sports or working out. It was a one way street. Which is why you have a lot of kids growing up with no sense of good sportsmanship, among other traits.

32 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Am I the youngest person in here?  

19 minutes ago, Leelou said:

You or Nolder. 

It's me.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

why you want the left overs ? Sorry I promised them to the idiot Pirrate to enhance his drinking experience.

Maybe he hoped he wouldnt need to roofie your drink. Save up for some gas money instead.

32 minutes ago, Nolder said:

80 is probably more like it.

35 and under you're a lazy pansy basically