Stop The Crap

Smashmouth

I'm sick and tired of reading how the Jets are garbage and totally devoid of talent. We are in the first year of an all out rebuild and with that being said We have a nice young secondary with 2 possible long term safeties that can disrupt offenses for years to come. We have some young corners who could very well pan out.

We have a good Group of WR's that are all young and hungry to get playing time.And its a very well rounded group.

We have 2 young TE's 

and we have a decent O line Not great but certainly not horrid.

What I think we currently lack is LB's a Stud RB and I mean a real RB who can make defense crumble like a Elliot or a Bell or a Johnson. And of course we have a question mark at QB.

Now if a good portion of our young players finally step up and show promise and we one of the highly touted QB's in next years draft with 80 mil + to spend why in the hell are we so down and out on where we currently stand ? Because the Idiot media is stating the obvious on what we should expect this upcoming season ?

I say FCUK the Media  we have all seen teams turn it around rather qucikly in todays NFL and there is no reason we can't as well. If we get one of those QB's next year OR if by some miracle Hackenberg turns on a light with all his talent this team is going to be in pretty damn good shape.

There is only one single thing that scares me at this stage and that's Todd Bowles . Im fine with Macc who now seems to have the blessing of our Idiot owner to build a real football team and yes I'm 100 percent fine with the 2 safeties we drafted.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins are not in a rebuild.... Jets are. Dolphins have a lot of talented vets.... Jets have very few. Apples-Oranges. Miami was very active in FA while the jets were not.

25 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

which jets could start for the miami dolphins?   

that is the problem.   

Worst QBs in the league.

Lower than average RBS, not bad but no game breaker.

Most unproven if not worst WR group in the league, guys like Anderson and Enunwa are going to face a whole other level of push back now they don;t have some good vets who get big attention.

TE, big improvement over nothing at all but ASJ is a character issue and the Clemson dude is a rookie.

Oline, good guards overall but they don;t seem to know what to do at tackles and center is a huge ?

Dline, in theory should be almost the best in the league.

Linebackers are suspect to poor.

CB's very suspect, we are hoping some guys take a big step.

Safeties should be very good for what we put into that spot.

special teams are below average to awful.

Coaching, if it is anything like last year, worst in the league.  However I think Morton is going to be a good OC and the new QB coach will an improvement as well.

The team is weak in most of the premium positions you need to at least be decent in to win, they are thin in depth and awful in some positions.

The Jets are full value for their ranking coming into this year.

The words under your name suggest exactly why the phrase "we are in year 1 of a complete rebuild" is totally false. Also, as you stated, our OL is mediocre at best and could quite possibly get whoever the QB is killed. Our starting RB is 30 something years old and slow, out TE's are unproven. We had no FB to speak of last year. WR's are a huge question mark, the QB (whatever), and our defense was disgusting last season.

Get rid of the main problem then we can talk improvement and rebuilding, now they are putting new bricks on top of a burnt out failing structure underneath.

23 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

that is the problem.   

Holy crap. I counted definitely 3, and maybe 4 players.

- They run a more mainstream-looking 4-3 so their DEs are built more like typical edge rushers than our athletic DTs playing end. Sure we've got 3 very talented ones, but would any make Suh 2nd-string? Maybe soon, since he turned 30 earlier this year, but not now. Figure 1 would be on the field as an atypical DE just because, and probably 2 of them would be out there on obvious running downs, but definitely never all 3 of ours. Say Leo plus sometimes one of either Mo or Sheldon. 

- Then there's James Carpenter over...I guess Steen is penciled in as their LG. No-brainer.

- Jamal Adams would start over Nate Allen.

That's pretty much it -- holy depressing. Thanks a lot, dick.

41 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

- They run a more mainstream-looking 4-3 so their DEs are built more like typical edge rushers than our athletic DTs. Sure we've got 3 very talented ones, but would any make Suh 2nd-string? Maybe soon, since he turned 30 earlier this year, but not now. Figure 1 would be on the field as an atypical DE just because, and probably 2 of them would be out there on obvious running downs, but definitely never all 3 of ours. Say Leo plus sometimes one of either Mo or Sheldon. 

- Then there's James Carpenter over...I guess Steen is penciled in as their LG. No-brainer.

Healthy Claiborne?

Decker and Harris would've made the list. For the sake of this discussion the Jets should have kept those guys for $15 million. 

55 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The Jets are the Knicks of the NFL.  Both teams have talent levels akin to second division soccer in Latvia.

Don't even ******* do that. This front office is NOT as ******* insane as Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson's first move was signing Lamar Odom....while he was actually on CRACK. Phil Jackson gave away Iman Shumpert and JR Smith and didn't get anything back. Phil Jackson is actually considering trading away the one good thing he did: Kristaps Porzingas for skipping exit meetings. He lets his ego get in the way of the betterment of the team. That's equivalent to listening to offers for Leo. We are not that inept. Macc is a much better executive. You are out of your damn mind.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don't even ******* do that. This front office is NOT as ******* insane as Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson's first move was signing Lamar Odom....while he was actually on CRACK. Phil Jackson gave away Iman Shumpert and JR Smith and didn't get anything back. Phil Jackson is actually considering trading away the one good thing he did: Kristaps Porzingas for skipping exit meetings. He lets his ego get in the way of the betterment of the team. That's equivalent to listening to offers for Leo. We are not that inept. Macc is a much better executive. You are out of your damn mind.

I'd trade Leo for a first rounder or starting LT and a 3rd rounder.

I agree with everything smashmouth is saying. There comes a point where it's just like "Stfu already" media and fan base wise. I have seen teams who look even worse on paper go on to have successful seasons. This is about player progression and seeing if these draft picks can stand on their own two feet and carve out a role on this team by taking as many live reps as possible. This is an awesome reason to be excited and all I hear is "Jets are tanking" .. "Jets are the worst team ever" ... "Browns have never been this bad" when we haven't even gotten into training camp yet. I can't even enjoy NFL network without them all laughing with each other and sh*tting on my team left and right. It's super unprofessional but it's whatever. nobody can help themselves on a Jets segment and it's pitiful. Let them step on the damn field first before we start bashing to the extent everyone is already bashing them to.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I already am paying 2 guys that are at most only marginally worse than him. Leo is a nice asset. No reason for him to be untouchable.

He's "untouchable" for the foreseeable future because you are in the nation's, and one of the world's, LARGEST media markets where you still have to sell product and have a face for your franchise. As of now, Leo is the ONLY thing the Jets have as a marketable player with universal appeal to help keep them as a Professional Sports  team - in a city w/11 other Pro franchises and endless entertainment options as competition - relevant. 

Leo is their ONLY asset as of now in terms of Talent, Age, Professionalism and reasonable Contract.  

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I already am paying 2 guys that are at most only marginally worse than him. Leo is a nice asset. No reason for him to be untouchable.

Sheldon Richardson for all its worth is NOT better than Leo who hasn't even came close to reaching his prime and is not detrimental off the field. And Wilk is only better at stopping the run. Leo has shown better pass rushing skills in his 2 seasons. You don't pick a stud at #6 and then two seasons later trade him away. What's the point of picking him if you are going to get his services for two years(before he even fully grows) and then kick him to the side? That's so stupid. You get rid of the obvious one. The player that is one suspension away from a year vacation. Not the hard working cornerstone leader. Guy is 22. Really? 

2 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

that is the problem.   

I think this could be post of the year.  It really hits the issue right on the head.  The Dolphins are a playoff bubble team constructed by Mike Tannenbaum.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

- They run a more mainstream-looking 4-3 so their DEs are built more like typical edge rushers than our athletic DTs. Sure we've got 3 very talented ones, but would any make Suh 2nd-string? Maybe soon, since he turned 30 earlier this year, but not now. Figure 1 would be on the field as an atypical DE just because, and probably 2 of them would be out there on obvious running downs, but definitely never all 3 of ours. Say Leo plus sometimes one of either Mo or Sheldon. 

This is about right.

That is really the issue for the job Mac has done.  We need to ask this same question at the end of the year.  If the answer is about the same, something needs to change.

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Knicks and Jets have been so similarly mismanaged for so long that they're both last-resort destinations for players and coaches. The common denominator, of course, is that both of their owners are silver-spoon jerk offs who don't know sh*t but won't get the **** out of the way.

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The tragedy here is that the only reason Leo is preferable to the other two is because the other two are half-assing it under Bowles.

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sheldon Richardson for all its worth is NOT better than Leo who hasn't even came close to reaching his prime and is not detrimental off the field. And Wilk is only better at stopping the run. Leo has shown better pass rushing skills in his 2 seasons. You don't pick a stud at #6 and then two seasons later trade him away. What's the point of picking him if you are going to get his services for two years(before he even fully grows) and then kick him to the side? That's so stupid. You get rid of the obvious one. The player that is one suspension away from a year vacation. Not the hard working cornerstone leader. Guy is 22. Really? 

I'd rather not trade him but he's not untouchable is my point. If you can get your LT for the next 8 years for 1 of your 3 upper echelon DEs that's better asset management then having superfluous talent at one position and not using them correctly. I'm not advocating a trade for the guy but he's not untouchable if the right offer comes along.

I have been a member of Jets boards since practically the beginning of time and honestly I can't remember things being so unbearable on message boards as the are now. The team has major issues we can all agree, but there is just some deep seeded desire to absolutely hate anything and everyone on the team. Guys that haven't even stepped on the field are regarded with straight up vitriol. No one is even given the thought of a chance. It's seriously unbearable here right now, there's literally nothing worthwhile to read. I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but it's true and I'm sure it's kept alot of other people away as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The tragedy here is that the only reason Leo is preferable to the other two is because the other two are half-assing it under Bowles.

I mean the other two are the former DROY and a guy considered for years to be the second best 3-4 DE in the league. And in the end we've only managed a surplus of mismanaged talent and the decline of 2 guys that could've been traded for 1st rounders 2 years ago.

28 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

He's "untouchable" for the foreseeable future because you are in the nation's, and one of the world's, LARGEST media markets where you still have to sell product and have a face for your franchise. As of now, Leo is the ONLY thing the Jets have as a marketable player with universal appeal to help keep them as a Professional Sports  team - in a city w/11 other Pro franchises and endless entertainment options as competition - relevant. 

Leo is their ONLY asset as of now in terms of Talent, Age, Professionalism and reasonable Contract.  

The little guy has feelings mister. Be more sensitive.

55309_h.jpg

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm sick and tired of reading how the Jets are garbage and totally devoid of talent. We are in the first year of an all out rebuild and with that being said We have a nice young secondary with 2 possible long term safeties that can disrupt offenses for years to come. We have some young corners who could very well pan out.

We have a good Group of WR's that are all young and hungry to get playing time.And its a very well rounded group.

We have 2 young TE's 

and we have a decent O line Not great but certainly not horrid.

What I think we currently lack is LB's a Stud RB and I mean a real RB who can make defense crumble like a Elliot or a Bell or a Johnson. And of course we have a question mark at QB.

Now if a good portion of our young players finally step up and show promise and we one of the highly touted QB's in next years draft with 80 mil + to spend why in the hell are we so down and out on where we currently stand ? Because the Idiot media is stating the obvious on what we should expect this upcoming season ?

I say FCUK the Media  we have all seen teams turn it around rather qucikly in todays NFL and there is no reason we can't as well. If we get one of those QB's next year OR if by some miracle Hackenberg turns on a light with all his talent this team is going to be in pretty damn good shape.

There is only one single thing that scares me at this stage and that's Todd Bowles . Im fine with Macc who now seems to have the blessing of our Idiot owner to build a real football team and yes I'm 100 percent fine with the 2 safeties we drafted.

Good post Smash. I'm with ya brother.

Advantages with youngbloods in the NFL. 

1 Fresh out of college. They're used to playing for pride.

2 They want to make a name for themselves and establish themselves in the NFL so they will give their all every play. 

3 They want a big payday/contract and they'll go after it. 

The Jets will either look like the Raiders or the Brown's in 2 years. I'm shooting for the former rather than the latter.

17 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I have been a member of Jets boards since practically the beginning of time and honestly I can't remember things being so unbearable on message boards as the are now. The team has major issues we can all agree, but there is just some deep seeded desire to absolutely hate anything and everyone on the team. Guys that haven't even stepped on the field are regarded with straight up vitriol. No one is even given the thought of a chance. It's seriously unbearable here right now, there's literally nothing worthwhile to read. I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but it's true and I'm sure it's kept alot of other people away as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I stay in this abusive marriage because I'm old & wrinkled, hit menopause, the kids are grown up, it's just too much to start over, and I'm old fashioned enough to believe in standing by your man. But for as much crap & punishment as this man has doled out to me over the years, especially between the months of September to December (and January if I'm "lucky") there is no PDA, we sleep in separate rooms, he's totally cut off from the nookie, and every morning that I prepare his tea, it's topped off with a nice glob of saliva nicely mixed in.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Knicks and Jets have been so similarly mismanaged for so long that they're both last-resort destinations for players and coaches. The common denominator, of course, is that both of their owners are silver-spoon jerk offs who don't know sh*t but won't get the **** out of the way.

I agree on the ownership similarities. Dolan is using Jackson as a human shield because he is just that incompetent himself. With all that said though..the Jets have had WAY more success than the Knicks in recent years which is actually sad. Knicks go to the playoffs once in a blue moon and when they do it's a first round exit. Atleast the Jets have those 2009/2010 deep runs.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'd rather not trade him but he's not untouchable is my point. If you can get your LT for the next 8 years for 1 of your 3 upper echelon DEs that's better asset management then having superfluous talent at one position and not using them correctly. I'm not advocating a trade for the guy but he's not untouchable if the right offer comes along.

He's untouchable for the reasons@Gas2No99 pointed out. I really won't add much more. You think everyone is going crazy now? Let that happen and see the chaos at unfolds.

Archived