Stop The Crap

Smashmouth

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm sick and tired of reading how the Jets are garbage and totally devoid of talent. We are in the first year of an all out rebuild and with that being said We have a nice young secondary with 2 possible long term safeties that can disrupt offenses for years to come. We have some young corners who could very well pan out.

We have a good Group of WR's that are all young and hungry to get playing time.And its a very well rounded group.

We have 2 young TE's 

and we have a decent O line Not great but certainly not horrid.

What I think we currently lack is LB's a Stud RB and I mean a real RB who can make defense crumble like a Elliot or a Bell or a Johnson. And of course we have a question mark at QB.

Now if a good portion of our young players finally step up and show promise and we one of the highly touted QB's in next years draft with 80 mil + to spend why in the hell are we so down and out on where we currently stand ? Because the Idiot media is stating the obvious on what we should expect this upcoming season ?

I say FCUK the Media  we have all seen teams turn it around rather qucikly in todays NFL and there is no reason we can't as well. If we get one of those QB's next year OR if by some miracle Hackenberg turns on a light with all his talent this team is going to be in pretty damn good shape.

There is only one single thing that scares me at this stage and that's Todd Bowles . Im fine with Macc who now seems to have the blessing of our Idiot owner to build a real football team and yes I'm 100 percent fine with the 2 safeties we drafted.

good points.  i want to see this team succeed with or without bowles or mac or just about anyone.  it makes no difference.  if they wear the jets uniform they are jets and i am their fan.  the media are just the usual bunch of cowards who stir things up because they think their job is to write words in a newspaper or talk on espn.  sometimes there's just not much to say so they they resort to making things up or at the very least providing their opinion on things without much factual basis. and some people like to second guess the jet moves without being involved with the team or its internal machinations.  sure we all scratched our heads when harris and marshall and mangold were let go but then again there are players to fill their spots and some will be better.  that's just the way it is.

obviously the final judgement of this team will be its on field performance.  a few lucky breaks and ball bounces and this team could actually make the season interesting.  tanking?  that would be a disservice to the players and the fans.

26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

good points.  i want to see this team succeed with or without bowles or mac or just about anyone.  it makes no difference.  if they wear the jets uniform they are jets and i am their fan.  the media are just the usual bunch of cowards who stir things up because they think their job is to write words in a newspaper or talk on espn.  sometimes there's just not much to say so they they resort to making things up or at the very least providing their opinion on things without much factual basis. and some people like to second guess the jet moves without being involved with the team or its internal machinations.  sure we all scratched our heads when harris and marshall and mangold were let go but then again there are players to fill their spots and some will be better.  that's just the way it is.

obviously the final judgement of this team will be its on field performance.  a few lucky breaks and ball bounces and this team could actually make the season interesting.  tanking?  that would be a disservice to the players and the fans.

Agreed. Not a big fan of the TANK talk. But everyone has a right to their opinion. I grew up in a NY Giant family and when I was 9 yrs old and the Jets won the Superbowl I broke tradition and been a Jet fan ever since. Man I'm old. And I go to the stadium for a game or two every year. I'm an upstate guy. Too late to turn back now and I always want my team to win. F*** the draft. F*** the Suck for Sam.  Cheaters never have top draft picks and they are in it almost every year. Just need to build a team and that's what the Jets are finally trying to do.

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He's untouchable for the reasons@Gas2No99 pointed out. I really won't add much more. You think everyone is going crazy now? Let that happen and see the chaos at unfolds.

Oh it'd be chaos but a couple of first rounders used at QB and LT or QB and OLB are better for marketing than a DE. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don't even ******* do that. This front office is NOT as ******* insane as Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson's first move was signing Lamar Odom....while he was actually on CRACK. Phil Jackson gave away Iman Shumpert and JR Smith and didn't get anything back. Phil Jackson is actually considering trading away the one good thing he did: Kristaps Porzingas for skipping exit meetings. He lets his ego get in the way of the betterment of the team. That's equivalent to listening to offers for Leo. We are not that inept. Macc is a much better executive. You are out of your damn mind.

Look, if it were up to me, Jackson would be put in stocks for a month in front of the Garden.  Then just let folks "vent".  But that does not change that talent wise both teams are populated with scrubs.  Take Leo and Kristaps off each team and you have a Summer shift at Burger King.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree with everything smashmouth is saying. There comes a point where it's just like "Stfu already" media and fan base wise. I have seen teams who look even worse on paper go on to have successful seasons. This is about player progression and seeing if these draft picks can stand on their own two feet and carve out a role on this team by taking as many live reps as possible. This is an awesome reason to be excited and all I hear is "Jets are tanking" .. "Jets are the worst team ever" ... "Browns have never been this bad" when we haven't even gotten into training camp yet. I can't even enjoy NFL network without them all laughing with each other and sh*tting on my team left and right. It's super unprofessional but it's whatever. nobody can help themselves on a Jets segment and it's pitiful. Let them step on the damn field first before we start bashing to the extent everyone is already bashing them to.

Serious question: are you sincerely optimistic about the direction of the team are you just overcompensating for being annoyed by the negative coverage the team gets?

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question: are you sincerely optimistic about the direction of the team are you just overcompensating for being annoyed by the negative coverage the team gets?

Being completely honest with you.. I'm very optimistic and I feel like a lot of the young players in place are very talented and I'm hyper about the coaching staff that was put in place this year. If we don't have a QB step up then we will fail but that doesn't necessarily mean the season is a failure based on 90% of everyone else's progression. I wanted this young movement from the jump so I have been on board the entire time.

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look, if it were up to me, Jackson would be put in stocks for a month in front of the Garden.  Then just let folks "vent".  But that does not change that talent wise both teams are populated with scrubs.  Take Leo and Kristaps off each team and you have a Summer shift at Burger King.

Lol...got you. But really it is harder to compare the two roster because one team is a 53 man squad and the other is a 15 man squad. Based on the lone fact their are twice as many players on one team you can take away that there is bound to be at least a few more decent players compared to what the Knicks have. Even tho Wilk and Sheldon have let us down they are still extremely talented. Adams will be a star. Enunwa while isn't proven at #1 WR is still talented. It's just hard to compare an NBA team to an NFL team talent wise because of the mandatory roster size. The NBA is built off superstars because you only have 2 round drafts. The best of the best get into the top 10 and most the time mid 1st round projections turn out to be garbage way more opposed to the NFL..where 1st round mid selections aren't viewed in the same light. With all that said..I feel like we are still more talented 

32 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Oh it'd be chaos but a couple of first rounders used at QB and LT or QB and OLB are better for marketing than a DE. 

You don't give up a proven player for unproven players. Simple as that. Especially when that player is younger than half the players in the next draft. He is apart of the rebuild not a victim of it.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

The roster is bleak, let's be honest. 

But guys can we be honest about it without sounding like a bunch of bitches? 

This place has been unreadable recently and it's June lol 

Right. We all need to make a collective effort to tone it the hell down.?

The roster is bleak, let's be honest. 
But guys can we be honest about it without sounding like a bunch of bitches? 
This place has been unreadable recently and it's June lol 

The sun'll come out, tomorrow. Betcha bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm sick and tired of reading how the Jets are garbage and totally devoid of talent. We are in the first year of an all out rebuild and with that being said We have a nice young secondary with 2 possible long term safeties that can disrupt offenses for years to come. We have some young corners who could very well pan out.

We have a good Group of WR's that are all young and hungry to get playing time.And its a very well rounded group.

We have 2 young TE's 

and we have a decent O line Not great but certainly not horrid.

What I think we currently lack is LB's a Stud RB and I mean a real RB who can make defense crumble like a Elliot or a Bell or a Johnson. And of course we have a question mark at QB.

Now if a good portion of our young players finally step up and show promise and we one of the highly touted QB's in next years draft with 80 mil + to spend why in the hell are we so down and out on where we currently stand ? Because the Idiot media is stating the obvious on what we should expect this upcoming season ?

I say FCUK the Media  we have all seen teams turn it around rather qucikly in todays NFL and there is no reason we can't as well. If we get one of those QB's next year OR if by some miracle Hackenberg turns on a light with all his talent this team is going to be in pretty damn good shape.

There is only one single thing that scares me at this stage and that's Todd Bowles . Im fine with Macc who now seems to have the blessing of our Idiot owner to build a real football team and yes I'm 100 percent fine with the 2 safeties we drafted.

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.

Come on. Tone it down? This roster is in the bottom third of the League talent wise. Leo is basically the only stud on the team. Adams looks extremely good but is unproven on the field. Everyone else is a question mark plain and simple. Yes this team is in a rebuild and while its good that they have finally seen the light and are on the right track the GM and Coach have so far demonstrated that they are not the guys to do it. Bowles lost this team last year and while they have gotten rid of the so-called malcontents he has yet to prove he is a developer and molder of young talent. Mac is another story entirely. His drafts have produced 1 player who was a no-brainer pick at the time and Adams. His FA moves have essentially been busts and while it remains to be seen I have little faith in Mac's ability to build a winner. All of that coupled with the belief that next years draft pick will be the guy that will "save the franchise" makes me laugh. You don't know what will happen in this years collegiate season and their are no guarantees at all. Yet most guys who are advocating that the Jets will get their franchise QB are just assuming that this will happen. I have been watching this game to long and have seen too much happen in this game to bank on that. Until they prove it on the field and in the front office this team and organization need to be taken to task. Anyone who thinks differently is not watching the same thing I am or is incredibly naive. I am a Jet Fan first and foremost. I will live and die with this team every Sunday as I have for the past 40+ seasons. My one goal is to see this team win another Super Bowl before I die. All the years of bullspit, lethargy, bone headed moves, uninspired play, and just plain bad luck have left me not jaded but realistic. Is it too much to ask that this team act like a professional NFL team and not friggin circus? The current regime has so far not impressed me. If it has other fan's that's fine. Just don't insult my intelligence by telling me that everything will be okay when its plainly not and ask me to bank on players that are not even on the team yet or played a down in the NFL. That makes no sense at all.

Come on. Tone it down? This roster is in the bottom third of the League talent wise. Leo is basically the only stud on the team. Adams looks extremely good but is unproven on the field. Everyone else is a question mark plain and simple. Yes this team is in a rebuild and while its good that they have finally seen the light and are on the right track the GM and Coach have so far demonstrated that they are not the guys to do it. Bowles lost this team last year and while they have gotten rid of the so-called malcontents he has yet to prove he is a developer and molder of young talent. Mac is another story entirely. His drafts have produced 1 player who was a no-brainer pick at the time and Adams. His FA moves have essentially been busts and while it remains to be seen I have little faith in Mac's ability to build a winner. All of that coupled with the belief that next years draft pick will be the guy that will "save the franchise" makes me laugh. You don't know what will happen in this years collegiate season and their are no guarantees at all. Yet most guys who are advocating that the Jets will get their franchise QB are just assuming that this will happen. I have been watching this game to long and have seen too much happen in this game to bank on that. Until they prove it on the field and in the front office this team and organization need to be taken to task. Anyone who thinks differently is not watching the same thing I am or is incredibly naive. I am a Jet Fan first and foremost. I will live and die with this team every Sunday as I have for the past 40+ seasons. My one goal is to see this team win another Super Bowl before I die. All the years of bullspit, lethargy, bone headed moves, uninspired play, and just plain bad luck have left me not jaded but realistic. Is it too much to ask that this team act like a professional NFL team and not friggin circus? The current regime has so far not impressed me. If it has other fan's that's fine. Just don't insult my intelligence by telling me that everything will be okay when its plainly not and ask me to bank on players that are not even on the team yet or played a down in the NFL. That makes no sense at all.

Agree. Jets fans should know better than to have faith in any plan that has "drafting well" as its foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Smashmouth is that guy in every zombie flick that wants the group to stop every so often so he can talk about his feelings.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Smashmouth is that guy in every zombie flick that wants the group to stop every so often so he can talk about his feelings.

And this is you Tom Shane, the second most negative person on the planet 

wolowtiz-add-h3.520.360.jpg

16 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

which jets could start for the miami dolphins?   

that is the problem.   

Ehhh, who gives a crap about this measure honestly. I know what your saying, but the Dolphins are not at all in a rebuild. Unless Tannehill takes a big step forward, they are going to be rebuilding again in a year or two, having gone nowhere. 

All we can hope for is that some of the younger guys flash this year, and either Hackenberg, Petty or a QB to be drafted next year turns out to be the real deal. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Or the guy in that same flick that preaches togetherness and then tosses the women and children in his path as he runs from attacking zombies.

12 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Ehhh, who gives a crap about this measure honestly. I know what your saying, but the Dolphins are not at all in a rebuild. Unless Tannehill takes a big step forward, they are going to be rebuilding again in a year or two, having gone nowhere. 

All we can hope for is that some of the younger guys flash this year, and either Hackenberg, Petty or a QB to be drafted next year turns out to be the real deal. 

Try this one: put together a 53-man roster using only the teams in the AFCE. You've gotta stretch to even get Leo on it as a backup to Dareus and Suh, but that's probably it. 

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I'd rather not trade him but he's not untouchable is my point. If you can get your LT for the next 8 years for 1 of your 3 upper echelon DEs that's better asset management then having superfluous talent at one position and not using them correctly. I'm not advocating a trade for the guy but he's not untouchable if the right offer comes along.

I could understand if we were talking about trading him for a QB, but a LT? No way. 

50 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

But it would be fun while it lasted! Just like the Jets always do with fun household names. Gets us excited for two season, hire new coaches then do it all over again. Jet fans love that cycle and hate seeing the team actually build something. 

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Try this one: put together a 53-man roster using only the teams in the AFCE. You've gotta stretch to even get Leo on it as a backup to Dareus and Suh, but that's probably it. 

Id like to see how this goes after this season. Hopefully a few more players who are getting opportunities shine. I don't care about names, we've had names before. I want to build a team that can compete for a championship every year. This rebuild is a few years late, but realistically, I blame that on Woody and Idzik. Idzik got the clean slate to rebuild, and he put it all on Geno Smith, and passed on 3 franchise QB's for a bad safety. The fake retooling we have done a few times is fools gold.

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Id like to see how this goes after this season. Hopefully a few more players who are getting opportunities shine. I don't care about names, we've had names before. I want to build a team that can compete for a championship every year. This rebuild is a few years late, but realistically, I blame that on Woody and Idzik. Idzik got the clean slate to rebuild, and he put it all on Geno Smith, and passed on 3 franchise QB's for a bad safety. The fake retooling we have done a few times is fools gold.

In two years, Idzik took the worst cap situation in the league and turned it into the best cap situation in the league, all the while being opposed by a cockroach head coach and his sycophants in the media. And betting on Geno in round two was a thousand times more defensible than drafting Hack in round two.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In two years, Idzik took the worst cap situation in the league and turned it into the best cap situation in the league, all the while being opposed by a cockroach head coach and his sycophants in the media. And betting on Geno in round two was a thousand times more defensible than drafting Hack in round two.

There's not a person who read these boards regularly at the time who couldn't've predicted each and every move Idzik made. Giving him credit for exorcising the outs that Tannenbaum installed in his contracts is the only praise the man is worthy of, as completely empty as it is. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

There's not a person who read these boards regularly at the time who couldn't've predicted each and every move Idzik made. Giving him credit for exorcising the outs that Tannenbaum installed in his contracts is the only praise the man is worthy of, as completely empty as it is. 

Mm hmm. The fact remains that he walked into the most restrictive cap situation in the league. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He did what any idiot could have done. Even Tannenbaum would have done that if he wasnt fired, in fact, he setup the contracts for that exact purpose.  He gets zero credit for doing what he did, literally zero.

Yeah, Rex was a cockroach, and the worst, and if Idzik had one half of a brain, he would have ran from Rex and Woody with that mandate like any other candidate did with a brain. He didn't, so he is dumb, his fault.

Even though I was fairly confident coming out of college Geno was not an NFL QB, I don't overly mind the pick of Geno, what has set us back far worse than the Hackenberg pick, was passing on Carr, Bridgewater and Garrapolo, for the Louisville Wiffle Bat.

Archived