Stop The Crap

Smashmouth

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. So witty too. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak. Or in this case post.

I'm obviously not trying to be witty or snap some crazy come back at you. Trust me, it doesn't take a genius to argue points of views and facts with someone else. I'm just extremely lazy and my perspective has been long enough stretched to the point where I'm honestly bored with this thread now. I responded with "ok negative Nancy" in hopes you would give it up and find something better to do besides argue the Jets season with me. You obviously feel the need to keep this going and insult my intelligence with sh*tty substance...so...lol have a ball. Doesn't hurt my feelings. You only make yourself look like a jackass in the end.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:46 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Don't even ******* do that. This front office is NOT as ******* insane as Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson's first move was signing Lamar Odom....while he was actually on CRACK. Phil Jackson gave away Iman Shumpert and JR Smith and didn't get anything back. Phil Jackson is actually considering trading away the one good thing he did: Kristaps Porzingas for skipping exit meetings. He lets his ego get in the way of the betterment of the team. That's equivalent to listening to offers for Leo. We are not that inept. Macc is a much better executive. You are out of your damn mind.

Tannenbaum was very good for us and built a team that was one game away from the Super Bowl twice, that was before we dumped a bunch of salary to sign Sanchez and Holmes.  We just ran out of time (and money) before we were able to get to the promised land.  

Macc is on the opposite end of where Tannenbaum ended up.  Our salary cap situation (with so many players on rookie contracts) is going to be good for years to come.   Let's hope we find some winners to plug in most of the gaps and then use the additional $ to fill any remaining gaps to get us over the chasm.  

I credit Macc for having the wisdom and guts to realize we need a fresh start, then selling it to Woody.  Just hoping we find some great players so that what happened last time we were in this position under Idzik doesn't happen again.

21 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Again the reason there is no depth is Idzik not Mac... The majority of Mac's picks are still too young to even know how they will fair..... Unless they are a first rounder they aren't expected to start immediately... they can and that is a luxury. But even with that some first rounders need time to develop themselves.

Idzik's draft should be in the 4th and 5th year... this should be the heart and soul of the Jets... Out of 19 draft picks 4 are on the team (McDougal has a tryout) Enunwa (Potential Number 1 WR), Dozier (Back-up, might not make the team),  Winters (Starter) and Sheldon (Trade-able).

IMG_0490.PNG

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'm obviously not trying to be witty or snap some crazy come back at you. Trust me, it doesn't take a genius to argue points of views and facts with someone else. I'm just extremely lazy and my perspective has been long enough stretched to the point where I'm honestly bored with this thread now. I responded with "ok negative Nancy" in hopes you would give it up and find something better to do besides argue the Jets season with me. You obviously feel the need to keep this going and insult my intelligence with sh*tty substance...so...lol have a ball. Doesn't hurt my feelings. You only make yourself look like a jackass in the end.

LOL. You really do have a high opinion of yourself don't you? If you wrote down every thought you ever had you would get an award for the shortest story ever.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:34 PM, gEYno said:

Hope is fine.  Hope is not facts.  If you want to have an objective discussion of the Jets, there's going to be a lot of facts, most of which aren't pretty.  If you want to have a hope based discussion of the Jets, that's fine too.  But, facts are no stupidity.  Stupidity is pretending hope is facts.

The problem is alot of people present opinions as facts.  I'm ok with opinions and I'm ok with facts, but don't get the two confused.

The problem is alot of people present opinions as facts.  I'm ok with opinions and I'm ok with facts, but don't get the two confused.

Usually best to just presume anything people post on a fan board is an opinion. Let's not get to a point where we insist on people adding disclaimers to their posts

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On June 24, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Jet Nut said:

Still blaming Macc because his first 2nd round pick has been injured.  How foolish is that?  Guess Macc is the only GM who has had this.  Would have been acceptable if Smith was a 6th rounder? Stop whining and think

Smith sucked when he played too

23 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Again the reason there is no depth is Idzik not Mac... The majority of Mac's picks are still too young to even know how they will fair..... Unless they are a first rounder they aren't expected to start immediately... they can and that is a luxury. But even with that some first rounders need time to develop themselves.

Idzik's draft should be in the 4th and 5th year... this should be the heart and soul of the Jets... Out of 19 draft picks 4 are on the team (McDougal has a tryout) Enunwa (Potential Number 1 WR), Dozier (Back-up, might not make the team),  Winters (Starter) and Sheldon (Trade-able).

And Mac's drafts have compounded the problem

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. You really do have a high opinion of yourself don't you? If you wrote down every thought you ever had you would get an award for the shortest story ever.

Lol woah bro. You really stuck it to me there. You are doing a great job of getting under my skin and deeply hurting my feelings. I think I'll need to schedule extra therapy meetings for the next 3 years just to cope with reality you have placed in front of me. How can I even recover? .....okay so you done? Because you really are boring the sh*t out of me with these lame insults mixed with lack of intelligence and priceless arrogance. You sound like this conversation really boosted your confidence and gave you what you needed to get out of bed and not feel like a worthless loser with nothing better to do but insult people you don't even know over a sports forum. All that said..glad I could help. Now can you move on as hard as that's going to be for you?

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Smith sucked when he played too

When he played?  More fantasy posting or do you just not know the jets roster so you're just making it up?  He was hurt in his first camp, missed time right away, wasn't 100% or effective right from the start.  But some dumb fans are totally sure that it had no effect, he just sucked.  

Your posts are so bad.

On 6/23/2017 at 8:52 PM, thadude said:

And Mac's drafts have been better?

Too early for the final verdict but my point was that the verdict is in on Idzik.  I think you understood that and are just playing coy...

5 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

A problem that extends far beyond the bounds of football message boards

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol woah bro. You really stuck it to me there. You are doing a great job of getting under my skin and deeply hurting my feelings. I think I'll need to schedule extra therapy meetings for the next 3 years just to cope with reality you have placed in front of me. How can I even recover? .....okay so you done? Because you really are boring the sh*t out of me with these lame insults mixed with lack of intelligence and priceless arrogance. You sound like this conversation really boosted your confidence and gave you what you needed to get out of bed and not feel like a worthless loser with nothing better to do but insult people you don't even know over a sports forum. All that said..glad I could help. Now can you move on as hard as that's going to be for you?

Lame insults? Priceless Arrogance? The only reason we are having this interaction is because I wrote an opinion and you responded LOL. When I responded to that you called me "negative Nancy". Is anything more arrogant then the first response? As lame as the second response? Typical SJW snowflake reaction. You throw out some lame bullsh*t then forget that lame bullsh*t was the reason the interaction occurred in the first place. Its cool kid. Your fooling no one though. Thanks for looking down from the lofty perch you think you reside on. It will be interesting to see how you react when life in the real world catches up with you. Until then live long and prosper my eloquent friend.

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Lame insults? Priceless Arrogance? The only reason we are having this interaction is because I wrote an opinion and you responded LOL. When I responded to that you called me "negative Nancy". Is anything more arrogant then the first response? As lame as the second response? Typical SJW snowflake reaction. You throw out some lame bullsh*t then forget that lame bullsh*t was the reason the interaction occurred in the first place. Its cool kid. Your fooling no one though. Thanks for looking down from the lofty perch you think you reside on. It will be interesting to see how you react when life in the real world catches up with you. Until then live long and prosper my eloquent friend.

Give it a rest, fellas. No one cares. 

On 6/22/2017 at 0:58 PM, Smashmouth said:

I'm sick and tired of reading how the Jets are garbage and totally devoid of talent. We are in the first year of an all out rebuild and with that being said We have a nice young secondary with 2 possible long term safeties that can disrupt offenses for years to come. We have some young corners who could very well pan out.

We have a good Group of WR's that are all young and hungry to get playing time.And its a very well rounded group.

We have 2 young TE's 

and we have a decent O line Not great but certainly not horrid.

What I think we currently lack is LB's a Stud RB and I mean a real RB who can make defense crumble like a Elliot or a Bell or a Johnson. And of course we have a question mark at QB.

Now if a good portion of our young players finally step up and show promise and we one of the highly touted QB's in next years draft with 80 mil + to spend why in the hell are we so down and out on where we currently stand ? Because the Idiot media is stating the obvious on what we should expect this upcoming season ?

I say FCUK the Media  we have all seen teams turn it around rather qucikly in todays NFL and there is no reason we can't as well. If we get one of those QB's next year OR if by some miracle Hackenberg turns on a light with all his talent this team is going to be in pretty damn good shape.

There is only one single thing that scares me at this stage and that's Todd Bowles . Im fine with Macc who now seems to have the blessing of our Idiot owner to build a real football team and yes I'm 100 percent fine with the 2 safeties we drafted.

Agree to disagree.

Outside of Enuwa and Leo Will, is there any player I trust to do their job every play?  That's the state we're at right now.  We've drafted an inside-linebacker, Hackenberg and two safeties with our high picks over the last two years.  We drafted a quarterback that hasn't played well in several years (when we drafted him), and then arguably the two least important positions on the defensive side of the ball; safety and inside linebacker.  It looks like we missed on Darron Lee.  Hackenberg is a complete unknown.  We've cut every veteran on the team.  Upside is: the two safeties are actually good prospects!

So I got that going for me.

Which is nice.  

Archived