Chiefs have parted ways with GM, John Dorsey

C Mart

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Of course they do its how they build their rep however what already successful exec would want to come to NY and be handcuffed to Woodys decision making? 

Hence the Bradway Tannenbaum Idzik Macc parade.

Yup, if there are no openings he'd turn an offer down.  He'll be guaranteed another job for sure.  We/ve never heard of this years hot item become next years forgotten exec.  Thats as funny as calling the Jets GMs a parade and including the one who still has the job and doesnt look like hes handcuffed or is going anywhere soon.  As did Tanny

Yup, if there are no openings he'd turn an offer down.  He'll be guaranteed another job for sure.  We/ve never heard of this years hot item become next years forgotten exec.  Thats as funny as calling the Jets GMs a parade and including the one who still has the job and doesnt look like hes handcuffed or is going anywhere soon.  As did Tanny

I miss tanny

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If the Jets had an off season like the Chiefs have had: (firing gm AFTER the draft, trading up for qb prospect some love and some hate, and getting rid of some " star"players after a playoff run) there would endless headlines and stories about turmoil and cluelessness, etc. 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Question:

Do you ever read what you write after you have written it?

33 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If the Jets had an off season like the Chiefs have had: (firing gm AFTER the draft, trading up for qb prospect some love and some hate, and getting rid of some " star"players after a playoff run) there would endless headlines and stories about turmoil and cluelessness, etc. 

not if the jets had a season like the Chiefs before it..

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

not if the jets had a season like the Chiefs before it..

I actually think it would have been even more hate. The media would hav said "oh they were only a couple pieces away. The owner gm wanted to blow it up at the wrong time, threw in the towel because these team has no chemistry, etc"

20 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Amazing how fans want a GM fired by another franchise. Can we let Mac do his job? The idiocy just doesn't stop.

Stopping the idiocy is kind of why we don't want Mac doing his job anymore.

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Question:

Do you ever read what you write after you have written it?

Yes, dont confuse it with what youre insisting on is just wrong, the job you turn down might be your last offer.  Look at Shotty when he turned his back on the Dolphins.

Youre really having a hard time understanding this?

While were at it, why the love affair with Dorsey?  What has he won in KC?  For all the blame dumped on Reid, he had final say on personnel.  

They were saying on Sirius NFL channel today that Hunt was irked that he did not sign Berry and Houston sooner, and they ended up costing too much money.   

The Steelers re-sign good players early.   Who has Mac signed early?  Enunwa is going to shock people.  

1 hour ago, thadude said:

They had no qb.  But still made the playoffs every year while we go 4-12 every other season

You just make this shlt as you go along.

He may may not be a SB QB but Smith is good enough to win games.  Piss poor excuse.  

Never mind people KILL Macc for not having a QB, would kill to have had Alex Smith over Sanchez, Geno and Fitz

He made the playoffs 3 times.  

7 hours ago, varjet said:

They were saying on Sirius NFL channel today that Hunt was irked that he did not sign Berry and Houston sooner, and they ended up costing too much money.   

The Steelers re-sign good players early.   Who has Mac signed early?  Enunwa is going to shock people.  

Whoa, I have been told you can't sign players early. They never want to do it, except in rare situations, and besides the smart move is to wait until the last possible moment so we can then pay double-triple the amount. 

Spoiler: we're going to extend Wesley Johnson at $7-8m/year next year, right before he becomes a UFA in 2018. A year later we'll do the same and last-minute extend Enunwa and Carpenter at $12m per apiece. Year after that it'll be Leo at $24m/yr. 

On 6/22/2017 at 3:40 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Amazing how fans want a GM fired by another franchise. Can we let Mac do his job? The idiocy just doesn't stop.

As if our GM has been outstanding. 

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Whoa, I have been told you can't sign players early. They never want to do it, except in rare situations, and besides the smart move is to wait until the last possible moment so we can then pay double-triple the amount. 

Spoiler: we're going to extend Wesley Johnson at $7-8m/year next year, right before he becomes a UFA in 2018. A year later we'll do the same and last-minute extend Enunwa and Carpenter at $12m per apiece. Year after that it'll be Leo at $24m/yr. 

I think Leo would be vets minimum. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I've decided I want the Jets to interview this man, at least, and failure to do so will result in my being greatly upset.

We have literally the perfect opportunity with a change in management and you know it'll never happen because that's just our luck. 

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

We have literally the perfect opportunity with a change in management and you know it'll never happen because that's just our luck. 

They can even sell it as simply filling the void left by Rex Hogan leaving. 

On 6/24/2017 at 1:04 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

You guys understand it takers two to tango, right ?  it wasn't an accident Berry and Houston didn't sign earlier for less money, lol

The only teams that get players at below market value, early, and the player leaves money on the table are teams that enjoy prestige, reputation or swag, the NFL iconic flagship teams with pro-bowl QB's or teams in places with no state income tax, in resort type areas of the country that sort of thing.

It's not a weird coincidence all jets GM's have to pay a premium to attract players. 

The Jets are the only team in the NFL with a unique set of challenges.  There are many teams that share many of these challenges, but I don't think anybody else has all of them.

If you were to create a "prestige" rating, the jets come in dead last and it's not even close.

The owner is a diamond plated spoon baby with no business experience, he never worked a real job one day in his life and is generally regarded by agents as a bufoon very unlikely to ever turn things around.  He seems perfectly happy earning his millions via the network deals.

The GM and coach are lost newbies who are more than likely setting up the next regime at best. Who knows what the future holds for them, but neither guy is a draw for attracting talent on his own.

The QB situation is lol city. enough said.

They share an ugly boring stadium with another team. Everybody knows the Giants are the older big brother and the Jets are the JV team.  There is no dawg pound, no 12th man, nobody goes into the toaster thinking they have to battle the noise.

The cost of living for northern NJ is brutal.  When I was a headhunter I would never schedule interviews for people to come the the tri-state area until they had spent time on a realty site pricing out homes.  I'll never forget the doctor in Ohio who told me he has the biggest house in town and it cost him $250,000.  Needless to say he did not take the interview at Westchester Medical Group, lol

The taxes in NJ are among the highest in the country.  I'm no accountant but if you live and work in NJ I don't think you are getting away with not paying the taxes.

The beat writers are a bunch of blood sucking jackals hell bent on creating controversy and promoting a daily narrative that the Jets suck and always will.  I was in another city on business years ago and I was listening to the talk radio and they were like cheerleaders, disagreeing with callers and selling the team. 

The cheaters have a strangle hold on the division for the next 5 years at least.  If you come to the AFC east, it is for money.  The best you can hope for is a wildcard berth and a loss on the road.  It's like being on the Orioles when the Yankees and Redsox owned that division in the early 2000's.  You will say all the right things, but you know you aren't winning anything.

Jets fans.  There are many awesome die hards that support this team and deserve a purple heart, but lets be honest Jets fans couldn't save one thing we did well, the J-E-T-S chant !  We hassled and heckled our most famous fan relentlessly for wearing a Sanchez jersey until he ******* quit !  The team mascot ******* quit!

The weather blows.  Blizzards and hurricanes, yay !

Even being close to NYC doesn't count anymore, players can't go out without some jagalloon trying to provoke a fight to get paid anymore.

so with all those things considered, why would a young talented player sign early here and leave money on the table exactly ?

1 minute ago, Larz said:

You guys understand it takers two to tango, right ?  it wasn't an accident Berry and Houston didn't sign earlier for less money, lol

The only teams that get players at below market value, early, and the player leaves money on the table are teams that enjoy prestige, reputation or swag, the NFL iconic flagship teams with pro-bowl QB's or teams in places with no state income tax, in resort type areas of the country that sort of thing.

It's not a weird coincidence all jets GM's have to pay a premium to attract players. 

The Jets are the only team in the NFL with a unique set of challenges.  There are many teams that share many of these challenges, but I don't think anybody else has all of them.

If you were to create a "prestige" rating, the jets come in dead last and it's not even close.

The owner is a diamond plated spoon baby with no business experience, he never worked a real job one day in his life and is generally regarded by agents as a bufoon very unlikely to ever turn things around.  He seems perfectly happy earning his millions via the network deals.

The GM and coach are lost newbies who are more than likely setting up the next regime at best. Who knows what the future holds for them, but neither guy is a draw for attracting talent on his own.

The QB situation is lol city. enough said.

They share an ugly boring stadium with another team. Everybody knows the Giants are the older big brother and the Jets are the JV team.  There is no dawg pound, no 12th man, nobody goes into the toaster thinking they have to battle the noise.

The cost of living for northern NJ is brutal.  When I was a headhunter I would never schedule interviews for people to come the the tri-state area until they had spent time on a realty site pricing out homes.  I'll never forget the doctor in Ohio who told me he has the biggest house in town and it cost him $250,000.  Needless to say he did not take the interview at Westchester Medical Group, lol

The taxes in NJ are among the highest in the country.  I'm no accountant but if you live and work in NJ I don't think you are getting away with not paying the taxes.

The beat writers are a bunch of blood sucking jackals hell bent on creating controversy and promoting a daily narrative that the Jets suck and always will.  I was in another city on business years ago and I was listening to the talk radio and they were like cheerleaders, disagreeing with callers and selling the team. 

The cheaters have a strangle hold on the division for the next 5 years at least.  If you come to the AFC east, it is for money.  The best you can hope for is a wildcard berth and a loss on the road.  It's like being on the Orioles when the Yankees and Redsox owned that division in the early 2000's.  You will say all the right things, but you know you aren't winning anything.

Jets fans.  There are many awesome die hards that support this team and deserve a purple heart, but lets be honest Jets fans couldn't save one thing we did well, the J-E-T-S chant !  We hassled and heckled our most famous fan relentlessly for wearing a Sanchez jersey until he ******* quit !  The team mascot ******* quit!

The weather blows.  Blizzards and hurricanes, yay !

Even being close to NYC doesn't count anymore, players can't go out without some jagalloon trying to provoke a fight to get paid anymore.

so with all those things considered, why would a young talented player sign early here and leave money on the table exactly ?

Larz, this is not the kind of positive slant @Tinstar wants to read. Please revise. Focus on New Jersey's golf courses and beaches, and its proximity to New York City's fine restaurants and bustling night-life. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Larz, this is not the kind of positive slant @Tinstar wants to read. Please revise. Focus on New Jersey's golf courses and beaches, and its proximity to New York City's fine restaurants and bustling night-life. Thanks. 

sounds like a sales pitch for Miami !

On June 23, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Jet Nut said:

You just make this shlt as you go along.

He may may not be a SB QB but Smith is good enough to win games.  Piss poor excuse.  

Never mind people KILL Macc for not having a QB, would kill to have had Alex Smith over Sanchez, Geno and Fitz

He made the playoffs 3 times.  

Alex Smith is at best above average who plays in a very qb friendly system

You make him out to be like he's Peyton Manning

1 hour ago, thadude said:

No he didn't. Either your reading skills are extraordinarily poor or you just constantly interpret things in a way to forward your own agenda. It gets old and stale in case you didn't know.

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Alex Smith isn't the reason the GM didn't win.  Plus you're the one who made Dorsey into more than he was.  And my main point is that the whiners, which you're one of the leading culprits are always bitching that Macc hasn't gotten an elite, franchise QB.  But on the flip side, Dorsey not getting one is excusable and it's Alex Smiths fault.  

For shlts and giggles, please show me where I made Alex Smith to be like a Peyton Manning.  Damn, you are an awful poster.

Archived