Woody Johnson nominated as US ambassador to Britain

C Mart

No surprise...

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)

6/22/17, 8:48 PM

In release, #Jets say If Woody Johnson is nominated & confirmed by Senate, Christopher Johnson, his brother, will become Chairman and CEO.

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)

6/22/17, 8:55 PM

#Jets' Christopher Johnson: "Personally, if Woody is nominated and confirmed, I would be honored to oversee the organization...continuing to build a team on and off the field that our fans are proud of and deserve.” 

Really gotta question Woody here.  I mean it's no secret the Brits aren't fans of us at the moment, and probably won't be for another 3.5 years.  So it'd seem Woody is walking into what's gonna be one hell of a crap job.  Always having to explain and apologize for his boss.

You give up "running" an NFL team for that?

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Really gotta question Woody here.  I mean it's no secret the Brits aren't a fan of us, and probably won't be for another 3.5 years.  So it'd seem Woody is walking into what's gonna be one hell of a crap job.  Always having to explain and apologize for his boss.

He'll go to a lot of parties, rub elbows with a lot of rich people who will quickly determine he's an empty vessel, eat some cake, then be in bed by 8:30p. Exactly what he does now. 

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Really gotta question Woody here.  I mean it's no secret the Brits aren't fans of us at the moment, and probably won't be for another 3.5 years.  So it'd seem Woody is walking into what's gonna be one hell of a crap job.  Always having to explain and apologize for his boss.

Apologize?  Yeah, sometimes.

Explain?  Nah.  It is pretty self-explanatory.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He'll go to a lot of parties, rub elbows with a lot of rich people who will quickly determine he's an empty vessel, eat some cake, then be in bed by 8:30p. Exactly what he does now. 

I don't trust him.  Especially as he's having trouble selling tickets?...  to now be spending years across the pond.

London Spitfires?

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I don't trust him.  Especially as he's having trouble selling tickets?...  to now be spending years across the pond.

London Spitfires?

Whatever ends the misery. Success. Team sold. I can probably stomach being a Ravens or Packers fan. 

10 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Woody and Trump.  Two guys born on third base but tell the world they hit a triple.  

While standing in right field wearing ill-fitting tennis shorts talking about how their favorite Yankee was Reggie Johnson.

38 minutes ago, thadude said:

You're not implying those two assclowns lurk on these sites?

In the past, they have.  Years ago I saw something I wrote appear almost verbatim in a Cimini article.  Others have had the same experience.

Archived