Woody Set to Hand Control to his Brother

JetNation

trump_woody.jpg?fit=750%2C512

The New York Jets have announced what has been discussed for quite some time. Donald Trump intends to nominate Woody Johnson to be the US Ambassador to the UK. Let’s cut right to the chase here and explain why this is a good thing.

Woody has owned the team since 2000 and the results have left a lot to be desired. The team announced that if Woody Johnson is officially nominated and confirmed by the Senate, Christopher Johnson, will become Chairman and CEO.  That means that Christopher, Woody’s brother, will be in charge of day-to-day team operations.

We would love to see a football mind in charge of day-to-day operations. Apparently that isn’t going to be an option as long as Woody owns the team. So, in this case, we will sign up for addition by subtraction. Hopefully Christopher Johnson stays out of the way and lets the football minds in the building make actual football decisions.

We don’t know Christopher Johnson at all, but we do know Woody Johnson. Which is why we welcome this change with open arms and we wish Woody luck in his new role.

“The New York Jets have been an integral part of our family since 2000, but this is a unique opportunity for Woody. His patriotism and commitment to our country have always been a passion of his,” said Christopher Johnson. “Over the years, we have learned that ownership of the New York Jets is a special responsibility. Personally, if Woody is nominated and confirmed, I would be honored to oversee the organization, continuing to build a team on and off the field that our fans are proud of and deserve.”

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP INTENDS TO NOMINATE WOODY JOHNSON, NEW YORK JETS CHAIRMAN AND CEO, TO SERVE AS AMBASSADOR OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

Christopher Johnson to take over as New York Jets Chairman and CEO subject to

Woody Johnson’s nomination and Senate Confirmation

Florham Park, NJ, June 22, 2017 – The New York Jets confirmed today that President Donald Trump intends to nominate Woody Johnson, team owner, Chairman and CEO of the New York Jets to serve as Ambassador of the United States of America to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

If Woody Johnson is nominated and confirmed by the Senate, Christopher Johnson, his brother and an owner will become Chairman and CEO.  In that role, Christopher will directly oversee all day-to-day team operations.

“The New York Jets have been an integral part of our family since 2000, but this is a unique opportunity for Woody. His patriotism and commitment to our country have always been a passion of his,” said Christopher Johnson. “Over the years, we have learned that ownership of the New York Jets is a special responsibility. Personally, if Woody is nominated and confirmed, I would be honored to oversee the organization, continuing to build a team on and off the field that our fans are proud of and deserve.” 

“On behalf of the entire organization, we would be extremely proud to see Woody nominated and confirmed as U.S. Ambassador. We could not be more excited for him and his family,” said New York Jets President Neil Glat.

Woody Johnson and his family purchased the NFL’s New York Jets on January 18, 2000. Woody, a fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, has built upon his family’s proud legacy of achievement as a successful businessman, civic leader and compassionate philanthropist. 

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
9M5TriKaoAE

Click here to read the full story...

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive met Woody Johnson numerous times and have been in his company at Jets events. The guy is as passionate a Jets fan as anyone of us. I doubt he likes to lose. 

Wish him the best and hope for better with his brother. 

I am really passionate about the ballet. Nobody wants to see me dance though.

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive met Woody Johnson numerous times and have been in his company at Jets events. The guy is as passionate a Jets fan as anyone of us. I doubt he likes to lose. 

Ha. He thought you were talking about Lear Jets. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I LOVE horse racing.....doesn't mean I should own a horse. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is amazing.  Do you think he wears his Jets on official affairs? 

I'll see if I can't work my way in to some functions over here and let you know.

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive met Woody Johnson numerous times and have been in his company at Jets events

Woody: "Don, its Woody. You gotta get me out of here."

Don: "Whattya want? Where do you wanna go?"

Woody: "Anywhere. I don't care. I just met this guy at a thing. It creeped me...Anywhere, Don."

Don: "What about that Narnia?"

Woody: "Done."

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In a storm of irony I would guess joewill12  and SAR I are his supporters. Rest us? F-Woody. 

Never said I supported him, wish him the best. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody: "Don, its Woody. You gotta get me out of here."

Don: "Whattya want? Where do you want to go?"

Woody: "Anywhere. I don't care. I just met this guy at a thing. It creeped me...Anywhere, Don."

Don: "What about that Narnia?"

Woody: "Done."

Maybe thats what would happen if he met you. 

Possible  this rebuild project gets pushed over to Jared Kushner?  He's supposedly going to solve the tensions in the Middle East and modernize the US government's Computer Systems.  Rebuilding an NFL team that hasn't won in 40 something years should be a piece of cake. 

19 hours ago, JetNation said:

trump_woody.jpg?fit=750%2C512

The New York Jets have announced what has been discussed for quite some time. Donald Trump intends to nominate Woody Johnson to be the US Ambassador to the UK. Let’s cut right to the chase here and explain why this is a good thing.

Woody has owned the team since 2000 and the results have left a lot to be desired. The team announced that if Woody Johnson is officially nominated and confirmed by the Senate, Christopher Johnson, will become Chairman and CEO.  That means that Christopher, Woody’s brother, will be in charge of day-to-day team operations.

We would love to see a football mind in charge of day-to-day operations. Apparently that isn’t going to be an option as long as Woody owns the team. So, in this case, we will sign up for addition by subtraction. Hopefully Christopher Johnson stays out of the way and lets the football minds in the building make actual football decisions.

We don’t know Christopher Johnson at all, but we do know Woody Johnson. Which is why we welcome this change with open arms and we wish Woody luck in his new role.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP INTENDS TO NOMINATE WOODY JOHNSON, NEW YORK JETS CHAIRMAN AND CEO, TO SERVE AS AMBASSADOR OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

Christopher Johnson to take over as New York Jets Chairman and CEO subject to

Woody Johnson’s nomination and Senate Confirmation

Florham Park, NJ, June 22, 2017 – The New York Jets confirmed today that President Donald Trump intends to nominate Woody Johnson, team owner, Chairman and CEO of the New York Jets to serve as Ambassador of the United States of America to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

If Woody Johnson is nominated and confirmed by the Senate, Christopher Johnson, his brother and an owner will become Chairman and CEO.  In that role, Christopher will directly oversee all day-to-day team operations.

“On behalf of the entire organization, we would be extremely proud to see Woody nominated and confirmed as U.S. Ambassador. We could not be more excited for him and his family,” said New York Jets President Neil Glat.

Woody Johnson and his family purchased the NFL’s New York Jets on January 18, 2000. Woody, a fourth-generation member of the founding family of Johnson & Johnson, has built upon his family’s proud legacy of achievement as a successful businessman, civic leader and compassionate philanthropist. 

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

9M5TriKaoAE

Click here to read the full story...

Patriotic Billionaires ... LOL

Archived