Woody Set to Hand Control to his Brother

JetNation

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I did actually......   back in the mid 2005-2009 era, it seemed he stayed away, tried to hire football people.   

The Tebow era was the beginning of the end in my mind.

Woody has never stayed away.  You cite 2005-2009, but Favre was 2008 and was ALL Woody.  He can't help himself.

Guys I know this is a fine line, but the rule is pretty clear. What you think about Trump or politics is something that you should 1) Keep to yourself or 2) Share with anyone anywhere else but here.

We don't do politics.

Again, I get it, this is a fine line because Woody was a political appointee. Several other threads on this topic had to be locked down and I just deleted several political posts in this one.

We shouldn't have to lock it, there is enough to talk about from the Jets perspective without getting political.

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Guys I know this is a fine line, but the rule is pretty clear. What you think about Trump or politics is something that you should 1) Keep to yourself or 2) Share with anyone anywhere else but here.

We don't do politics.

Again, I get it, this is a fine line because Woody was a political appointee. Several other threads on this topic had to be locked down and I just deleted several political posts in this one.

We shouldn't have to lock it, there is enough to talk about from the Jets perspective without getting political.

FREE THE JETNATION SIX!  

IMG_5658.PNG

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We don't do politics.

OK boss.  How about we post some info on the new guy?  Know nothing about him.  Was he barred from J & J? Was he given charities to manage just so he wouldn't muck things up at J&J, just like Woody?

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

OK boss.  How about we post some info on the new guy?  Know nothing about him.  Was he barred from J & J? Was he given charities to manage just so he wouldn't muck things up at J&J, just like Woody?

Woody doesn't work for J&J

On 6/23/2017 at 4:34 PM, T0mShane said:

Woody: "Don, its Woody. You gotta get me out of here."

Don: "Whattya want? Where do you wanna go?"

Woody: "Anywhere. I don't care. I just met this guy at a thing. It creeped me...Anywhere, Don."

Don: "What about that Narnia?"

Woody: "Done."

Remember during the Idzik billboard days, when joewilly suggested going to Woody's home to demand that Idzik be fired?  Makes the above scenario very plausible. 

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

exactly.  They kept him out.  Instead of J & J, he was given a bunch of charities to manage.  They wanted no part of him at J & J.  

Like you I am no fan of Johnson as the Jets owner but to be fair this depiction is not accurate. Not even close.

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Like you I am no fan of Johnson as the Jets owner but to be fair this depiction is not accurate. Not even close.

yeah I know.  But I've always suspected the rest of the Johnson family doesn't hold Woody in the highest regard.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:10 PM, joewilly12 said:

Ive met Woody Johnson numerous times and have been in his company at Jets events. The guy is as passionate a Jets fan as anyone of us. I doubt he likes to lose. 

Wish him the best and hope for better with his brother. 

Never met him, don't think he perfect, he's a bit too reactionary for me (but is getting better at that), I think he's meddled in a few situations that I wish he wouldn't and I don't like that Bowles and Macc report report directly to him, but I support him.  He genuinely is trying his best and is willing to change his approach to find success and I hope he does.   Maybe he needs to find a successful owner that he can emulate.

BTW you have more positive reputation votes on tyour post than the ones that are negative on Woody, which tells me there is a lot of us out there.

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

exactly.  They kept him out.  Instead of J & J, he was given a bunch of charities to manage.  They wanted no part of him at J & J.  

Well no, not exactly.  His Grand uncle and his grand father had a falling out, and Woody's grand father left the company.

There was a LOT of money on his grand father's part, Woody took his share and went outon his own and started an investment company, and has made additional Billions

Archived