40+ Receptions in 2017?

Sarge4Tide

40+?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. I think the following players will catch 40 or more passes for the Jets this seaeon......

• RB Bilal Powell
    • RB Matt Forte
    • TE Jordan Leggett
    • TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    • WR Quincy Enunwa
    • WR Robbie Anderson
    • WR Ardarius Stewart
    • WR Chad Hansen
    • WR Charone Peake
    • WR Jalin Marshall
    • None of the Above
    • Somebody Else

Powell, Forte, Enunwa, Anderson.

I was close to removing Powell and adding ASJ, but with him missing games to start the season and us having such a ? at qb its hard to imagine having too many players hitting 40+ receptions. 

As long as they stay healthy, Enunwa and Powell are the two locks for that.  The rest is kind of up in the air, mostly because they're all question marks who could easily end up getting beaten out by other guys on the roster.  TE could go either way, and probably will see time split throughout the season unless one of them really steps up.  While Anderson seems like the most likely #2 at WR based on last season, Stewart, Hansen, and to a lesser extent Peake will all have plenty of chances to move past him.  The lineup could also easily enough change throughout the season, potentially resulting in a variety of players who land in the 20s-30s, with no one else hitting 40.

I think ASJ could easily be the team's #1 receiver this year. If he's truly gotten his head on straight, in the Jets new TE friendly offense, he can be the 6'6" best friend to the Jets' trio of questionable QBs. Enunwa and Anderson will both struggle elevated from third and fourth options to first and second. The TEs and RBs are going to have to be major players in the Jets' passing game, with the wideouts occasionally keeping teams honest by stretching the field. I think the rookies will be given a lot of opportunities, but it'll be up to them what they do with them. 

12 hours ago, slats said:

I think ASJ could easily be the team's #1 receiver this year. If he's truly gotten his head on straight, in the Jets new TE friendly offense, he can be the 6'6" best friend to the Jets' trio of questionable QBs. Enunwa and Anderson will both struggle elevated from third and fourth options to first and second. The TEs and RBs are going to have to be major players in the Jets' passing game, with the wideouts occasionally keeping teams honest by stretching the field. I think the rookies will be given a lot of opportunities, but it'll be up to them what they do with them. 

I'm much more optimistic on Enunwa. He passes the eye test. ASJ, not sure he's ever going to get his act together. Could be wrong, we'll see.

Archived