The Franchise QBs: Rank the top signal-callers in Jets history

Gas2No99

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Favre belongs nowhere near this list. He sucked balls as a Jet and wanted no part of being here, and I hold him responsible for Rex, **** him!!!

It's sad that people forget how good the Jets were that year until Favre blew his arm out. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's sad that people forget how good the Jets were that year until Favre blew his arm out. 

it's sad that Jet fans use the injury excuse for the iron man, a QB that was terrible most of that year and never wanted to be here. it's also sad how fans will prop up a guy who never anted to be here(who cost us a potential special season) yet bash QBs that have actually helped us win.

17 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Favre belongs nowhere near this list. He sucked balls as a Jet and wanted no part of being here, and I hold him responsible for Rex, **** him!!!

Rex was the only good thing we got out of Favre, b/c he sabotaged 2008 it led to rex who gave us the best chance we have had to get to a SB since the 1968 season.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's sad that Jet fans use the injury excuse for the iron man, a QB that was terrible most of that year and never wanted to be here. it's also sad how fans will prop up a guy who never anted to be here(who cost us a potential special season) yet bash QBs that have actually helped us win.

You're mad at Favre for getting hurt, but you're not mad at Sanchez or Rex for getting hurt in a preseason game?

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rex was the only good thing we got out of Favre, b/c he sabotaged 2008 it led to rex who gave us the best chance we have had to get to a SB since the 1968 season.

so in a way Favre is the best thing that ever happened to this team

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Actually, the last time we were Vegas favorites to get to a Super Bowl was halfway through the Favre year. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You're mad at Favre for getting hurt, but you're not mad at Sanchez or Rex for getting hurt in a preseason game?

I was pissed at Idzik for forcing Rex to play Mark.  

Favre sabotaged our 2008 season.

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

so in a way Favre is the best thing that ever happened to this team

for a few years until we foolishly fired Tannenbaum.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Actually, the last time we were Vegas favorites to get to a Super Bowl was halfway through the Favre year. 

we had a good 3-4 game stretch beating Buffalo, the brady-less Pats, the one and done titans and the awful rams.  other than that we weren't very good that season and neither was Favre.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Very true and if the penguin had the cojones to sit the injured Favre for a few games to possibly heal the bicep who knows what would have happened.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

But didn't Tannenbaum dump Chad and trade for Favre in the first place?

he did.  he wanted to move on from Chad as he kept getting hurt and ruining seasons.  if he was durable he never looks to make the favre move which killed us and handed Miami a div title.

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Browning Nagle, Pat Ryan and Brooks Bollinger all are worthy ......

Interestingly enough Pat Ryan took Ken O'Brien's team and won a playoff game- something Ken was never able to do despite many years as a starter for us where he inherited one of the most talented teams in the AFC,

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Interestingly enough Pat Ryan took Ken O'Brien's team and won a playoff game- something Ken was never able to do despite many years as a starter for us where he inherited one of the most talented teams in the AFC,

I actually liked Pat Ryan......  

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I actually liked Pat Ryan......  

he was a great backup and spot starter. Based on how long he played for us and how valuable he was I might put him in my top 5(or at least close) of Jets QBs.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Mark Sanchez being a bad quarterback basically cost us a chance at a Super Bowl in 2009-10. With an above average signal caller we probably win one of those years.

I won't usually defend Sacnhez, but he is not why the Jets lost to Pitt.

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I'll still take Joe's 496 passing yds and 6 td's and 1 pick over that and Joe did it on just 15 completions..

A different, much more exciting game. 

I can't bring myself to read this sad thread.  It's like picking the best tasting fruitcake or the smartest reality TV contestant.

I'm trying really hard to not violate political correctness here and you people had damn well better appreciate it because it's giving me a migraine.  I miss the 1970s when you could say inappropriate things without feeling bad.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

How does anyone even read the title of this article without collapsing into hysterical laughter?

Exactly. A waste of internet ink. Desperate  times call for desperate topics. ?

Namath is one of the coolest athletes of all time.  His arm was so strong you could hear the ball whipping through the air. You can make the case his contract with the AFL was one of the first factors that lead to the merger, and the Jets victory in SB III was the last. 

Can we at least not hate on him? 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't forget at all, that said, once he blew his arm out, he was the worst starting QB I have ever seen. He was so bad he made rookie Sanchez look like Manning in his prime. And the mother ****er wouldn't come out either, despite being awful and knowing he could not play for sh*t to save his stupid record. Then he got Mangini fired, and that brought in the Rex era, which was my least favorite era of Jets football ever.

Archived