The Franchise QBs: Rank the top signal-callers in Jets history

Gas2No99

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I agree with this comment....  I believe if managed correctly, Sanchez could have been a "Flacco type" talent.  How we gutted the team after 2010 was criminal.

Unfortunately...  his post NY JETS career doesn't support this theory.

Flacco/Eli was his ceiling if everything came together. I think the Jets fell into a trap of believing that Sanchez was better than he really was after 2010. Because of that they felt him and some of the younger players could carry them. And so went guys like Woody, Cotchery, Edwards, etc

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

But again, look at the performance of the QB in that spot. We were driving to take the lead and he throws a crucial INT that basically ended the game when he had a guy wide open if he just would have scanned the field. I'm not in love with Bowles, but I have to put that game into perspective.

Fitz was terrible but so was everyone else not named Brandon Marshall. even after the INT they had a qtr to play and couldn't get close.

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Flacco/Eli was his ceiling if everything came together. I think the Jets fell into a trap of believing that Sanchez was better than he really was after 2010. Because of that they felt him and some of the younger players could carry them. And so went guys like Woody, Cotchery, Edwards, etc

they screwed him by getting rid of all his weapons, we had a guy who could play on the big stage but they got rid of all his weapons and expected him to improve.  I'm confident had we not fired Tannenbaum that w/in a year or 2 he would have revamped the weapons for him but they fired him which led to Idzik and setting the franchise back.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I agree with this comment....  I believe if managed correctly, Sanchez could have been a "Flacco type" talent.  How we gutted the team after 2010 was criminal.

Unfortunately...  his post NY JETS career doesn't support this theory.

Actually, IMO, Sanchez's post-Jet career DOES support the theory.

Once a QB is beaten down, it's not likely that he will return to glory. It's hard enough to be a good QB when you haven't absorbed a lot of hits. Ken O'Brien somewhat supports the theory. Kenny was a very good passer until the concussions took their toll. Then, he was a guy protecting himself first and foremost.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 10:40 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

How is it awful coaching? The team didn't play well. Fitz was brutal, the D got off to an awful start. You can't just blame the coach when he's on the sidelines and the players are in the game.

Especially after saying the team overachieved to their final record.  Maybe they played to their talent level

Nothing more offbase than claiming Sanchez lost it because they took away his weapons.  He was nothing more than a bottom of the league QB with better than most weapons.  

On 7/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Warfish said:

No doubt the years since have been unkind to fans of offense, brief hopes (Vinny, Pennington) and massive failures (Nagle, Sanchez, Geno, that Steelers twit, Boomer, etc, etc, etc). But since Kenny O there have been damn too few moments where I felt we had a legit arm back there and damn too many "game managers" or idiots who needed color charts just to take a snap.

Most postseason appearances:  Mark Sanchez
Most postseason wins:  Mark Sanchez
Most postseason TD's:  Mark Sanchez
Most postseason completions:  Mark Sanchez
Most postseason yardage:  Mark Sanchez
Highest postseason QBR:  Mark Sanchez

Ken O'Brien.  LOL. 

Make sure you're in New York when Mark Sanchez gets his rightful spot in the Ring Of Honor.  I'll buy you tickets.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ken O'Brien.  LOL. 

Make sure you're in New York when Mark Sanchez gets his rightful spot in the Ring Of Honor.  I'll buy you tickets.

SAR I

Let the mindless trolling begin

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ken O'Brien.  LOL. 

SAR I

I like how you use stats related to the team and number of games played, not really the quality of games played.

That and ignoring regular seasons.

And ignoring that Sanchez was carried in those regular seasons.

In the end my friend, you're simply a different flavor of Geno Smith fan. And just as deluded.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Let the mindless trolling begin

he's right other than the ring of honor comment and for any fan to compare O'Brien to sanchez is laughable.  Ken was handed the keys to a a young team that was on the brink of a SB and never won a single playoff game in weak AFC.  Mark took over a team that couldn't get to the playoffs w/ a future HOfer under C, no Brady and weak sched and he helped us get close in a tough AFC.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I like how you use stats related to the team and number of games played, not really the quality of games played.

In the end my friend, you're simply a different flavor of Geno Smith fan. And just as deluded.

was he carried w/ all the late game comebacks in 2010?

his reg seasons weren't as good as postseason but that's better than being better in reg season and never winning a postseason game, right?

it amazes me Jet fans back O'Brien especially when he played for us Jet fans hated him by the time we got rid of him.

On 6/26/2017 at 4:54 PM, T0mShane said:

It's sad that people forget how good the Jets were that year until Favre blew his arm out. 

When they beat Tennessee on the road that year they were one of the best teams in the league at that point. It's sad that some posters never were capable of understanding that at the time.

28 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

When they beat Tennessee on the road that year they were one of the best teams in the league at that point. It's sad that some posters never were capable of understanding that at the time.

It's sad that Jet fans give the iron man the injury excuse when he was the same QB all season long just throwing balls up for grabs.  He's a player that NEVER wanted to play here and played like it, he flat out quit when it got cold in late Nov/Dec yet Jet fans will praise him and bash other QBs that have actually won playoff games here.  we had an incredibly weak sched in 2008 w/ no Brady around and STILL the iron man couldn't get us to the playoffs w/ a team that would make the next 2 title games.  Players are judged on how they play, the iron man doesn't get an injury excuse.  He supposedly got hurt in October and had his only good stretch of football in November.  He never wanted to be here, he HAD to come here to get to Minnesota the next year.  IF we had the 2009 Favre on the Jets in 2008 then we could have won a SB(well maybe, he was never a big game QB) or at least won the division and had a bye.

Nonsense, if the Jets dont let Favre out of his deal he doesnt go on to Minny.

Find it absolutely incredible that someone who tries to build that POS Sanchez into something more than a bottom of the league, turnover machine would complain about Favres INTs.  

Youre wrong about Sanchez, youre wrong about Namath, youre wrong about O'Brien, Chad etc.  All a million times better than Sanchez.  Shlt, other than being on much better teams, its hard to make a case that he was better than just about any Jet QB who played more than 2 years

The whole reason favre came here at all was b/c the Jets promised him they would release him so he could go to Minnesota.  They hoped he’d have fun in his year here and they could convince him to stay but all he cared about was sticking it to Green Bay which was why instead of being immersed in the Jets playbook he was busy helping buddies on the Lions prepare for Green Bay as Favre would go out and embarrass himself in his home debut that weekend.

I am right about Namath, I am right about Sanchez, I am right about Favre, I am right about O’Brien but thanks for asking!

19 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Omfg is that ridiculous. 

What's ridiculous are ignorant Jets fans who sweep the second-best QB in team history under the rug and laud pathetic losers like Chad Pennington and Ken O'Brien as if they are 'legends'.  Mark Sanchez accomplished more than those two clowns, would still be leading the team right now if we didn't ignore the offense in the Summer of 2012.

Jets fans are morons.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What's ridiculous are ignorant Jets fans who sweep the second-best QB in team history under the rug and laud pathetic losers like Chad Pennington and Ken O'Brien as if they are 'legends'.  Mark Sanchez accomplished more than those two clowns, would still be leading the team right now if we didn't ignore the offense in the Summer of 2012.

Jets fans are morons.

SAR I

Uh huh. So silly

Bwahahaha

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

A quarterback cannot be "carried" by a defense.  They don't play on the same side of the field.  And our defense did not generate massive amounts of turnovers, our defense did not score, our defense did not create great field position.  In our best season the last 20 years, Mark Sanchez led 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks overcoming a typical and terrible Jets defense that couldn't hold a late lead and turned a 6-10 season into 11-5.

Mark Sanchez was never "carried" by his ragtag group of free agent castoff WR's or RB's.

Mark Sanchez was never "carried" by his awful head coach who prolonged his career by scapegoating others.

"Carried".  What a joke.  Mark Sanchez was just a good young player.  Simple as that.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Uh huh. So silly

Bwahahaha

Let's look at the players worthy of Ring Of Honor consideration from the 2009-2012 era Jets.

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Nick Mangold

Name an offensive skill position player that is more worthy of the Ring Of Honor than Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's look at the players worthy of Ring Of Honor consideration from the 2009-2012 era Jets.

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Nick Mangold

Name an offensive skill position player that is more worthy of the Ring Of Honor than Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

If this is serious then Thomas Jones.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Nick Mangold

SAR I

Thomas Jones

Ladainian Tomlinson

Justin Keller

Braylon Edwards

Santonio Holmes

Jerricho Cotchery

Nick Folk

Tony Richardson

Brad Smith

Shonn Greene

There isn't a player that is less deserving from '11 on

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was just a good young player.  Simple as that.

SAR I

You can tell this is true by all the playoff games and Super Bowls he won after he lef......oh.

Trolly trollishness btw on the Ring of Honor.  I lol'ed.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You can tell this is true by all the playoff games and Super Bowls he won after he lef......oh.

Trolly trollishness btw on the Ring of Honor.  I lol'ed.

Oh, because Ken O'Brien and Chad Pennington were so successful after they left?  LOL.

Listen, we're comparing different degrees of dog-sh*t here.  But to put Mark Sanchez beneath crap like O'Brien, Pennington, Jones, Keller, etc. is just ludicrous.  Give the kid some respect.  After all, he's only the second-best quarterback the franchise has seen in its history, certainly the second-most clutch and arguably the best under playoff pressure.  You know.  When the games actually matter.

SAR I

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thomas Jones

Ladainian Tomlinson

Justin Keller

Braylon Edwards

Santonio Holmes

Jerricho Cotchery

Nick Folk

Tony Richardson

Brad Smith

Shonn Greene

There isn't a player that is less deserving from '11 on

I'm guessing you're a Mets fan.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm out. This game is really really ******* stupid. You're right, this is ludicrous. Enjoy Sancho's knob.

Unbelievable the ignorance of some football fans. Good grief 

27 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm out. This game is really really ******* stupid. You're right, this is ludicrous. Enjoy Sancho's knob.

Unbelievable the ignorance of some football fans. Good grief 

You are experiencing Buttfumble embarrassment and it's clouding your judgement.

I'm a Yankee fan, but I saw this phenomenon in my high school cafeteria years ago.  Didn't matter whether or not the Mets won or lost.  What mattered was fans being made fun of. 

ESPN shouldn't have this much power over you.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are experiencing Buttfumble embarrassment and it's clouding your judgement.

I'm a Yankee fan, but I saw this phenomenon in my high school cafeteria years ago.  Didn't matter whether or not the Mets won or lost.  What mattered was fans being made fun of. 

ESPN shouldn't have this much power over you.

SAR I

Cool story broski. Bollocks, but good try nonetheless

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Whenever you get caught up in one of your dimwitted arguments over PSLs or Sanchez and cant come up with anything that makes any sense you end it all with "you must be a Mets fan".  As if being a Yankee fan is worth a f*** and makes anyone better.  

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whenever you get caught up in one of your dimwitted arguments over PSLs or Sanchez and cant come up with anything that makes any sense you end it all with "you must be a Mets fan".  As if being a Yankee fan is worth a f*** and makes anyone better.  

Well when you get your ass kicked in the lunch room in High School by a Mets fan it's means a lot and has a life long impression.

Archived