DGB released.... WE MUST!! The season can be saved yet!!

Paradis

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/01/2017 at 3:44 PM, Villain The Foe said:

No. And here's why. 

This is a guy who had to transfer schools due to issues. When he was drafted the team that drafted him traded him one year later, the team that picked him up released him one year later. 

That's a pretty clear sign. I dont even have to go into details of his alleged issues. The bottomline is that he hasnt been able to stick anywhere and it ISNT due to his football ability. That in itself means that we should stay far away from him during this rebuild. 

Ding, ding, ding!   We have a winner!

Hear that ya STB dingleberries?  Let the turds fall... not get hung up by the last few hairs...

On 7/2/2017 at 11:51 AM, tfine said:

Everyone wants the next Randy Moss....just because the guy has the same height weight and speed doesn't mean he'll be good. Moss was a natural receiver with great hands and route running ability and a freak athlete. This guy can't catch a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He can catch a cold, but does he want to. 

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

Former Eagles WR Dorial Green-Beckham cleared waivers, per source.

Ex-Eagles WR Dorial Green-Beckham passed through waivers unclaimed.

He's now an unrestricted free agent. The 40th overall pick in the 2015 draft, Green-Beckham has experienced a dramatic and steep fall with no teams willing to even bring him to camp at his $944K base salary. Green-Beckham should resurface on a minimum-salary deal, but he can now officially be declared a bust. After a discouraging 2016 season in Philadelphia, Green-Beckham reportedly turned in a pathetic performance at Eagles OTAs and minicamp, loafing and making repeated mistakes. His heart was never in it.
Related: EaglesTitans

Jul 5 - 5:01 PM

On 6/30/2017 at 1:13 PM, sourceworx said:

Erin Henderson, ASJ, Mike Pennel, and this guy. We're becoming the Land of Second Chances.

When in rebuilding mode you can't afford NOT to be in the second chance business.

If "Major League" was about football and not baseball, DGB would be Nuke Laloosh before sleeping with Margaret Whitton.

Fast fact: I have seen this movie many times yet I could've sworn Susan Sarandon played the love interest. I'm glad I double checked. The mind can play funny tricks on you.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If "Major League" was about football and not baseball, DGB would be Nuke Laloosh before sleeping with Margaret Whitton.

Fast fact: I have seen this movie many times yet I could've sworn Susan Sarandon played the love interest. I'm glad I double checked. The mind can play funny tricks on you.

It was Susan Sarandon, and it was Bull Durham.  Classic movie.

Meh...
A player with good physical traits with off the field problems and limited professional production who was just let go by his second team in just over two years?
That's not exactly mouth watering. I'll be fine if we stick with what we've got at WR, DGB doesn't appear to be an upgrade to them. His upside means less and less with time.

Second team in under one year.

Jeez, give the guy credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I'm not getting how DGB fits in with this Major League + Bull Durham x-reference. Is it just my own ignorance in not getting the joke, or did you need to triple-check?

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not getting how DGB fits in with this Major League + Bull Durham x-reference. Is it just my own ignorance in not getting the joke, or did you need to triple-check?

Nuke Laloosh has a million dollar arm but a five cent head. DGB has all the talent in the world but is a class-A thug turd dunce.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:22 PM, JiF said:

Smith was a one trick pony who wasnt even that good at that one trick and was destined to bust in the NFL.  DGB is everything you want in a WR minus being a psycho but psycho works at WR, they're all crazy in the head.  It was the wrong choice.  Clearly.  

2 teams have not cut DGB, the Titans traded him, the Eagles cut him after signing 2 veteran WR's this offseason and drafting 2 more WR's, in addition to already having Mathews and Agholor and Ertz on the roster. 

One man's trash is another mans treasure.  Everything you're saying about DGB could be said about ASJ.  You never know.  What I do know is, Smith's career is over while DGB will be picked up and keep going.

The fact that the Eagles felt the need to sign and draft 4 WR's tells you all you need to know about DGB. He simply wasn't getting it done on the field and apparently off the field as well. Pass.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Nuke Laloosh has a million dollar arm but a five cent head. DGB has all the talent in the world but is a class-A thug turd dunce.

I just didn't get what the Indians' ex-showgirl owner had to do with the reference. No big deal. Stuff goes over my head once every 8-9 years.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I just didn't get what the Indians' ex-showgirl owner had to do with the reference. No big deal. Stuff goes over my head once every 8-9 years.

Haha it's my fault I confused metaphors, characters, movies, everything. 

On July 2, 2017 at 11:51 AM, tfine said:

Everyone wants the next Randy Moss....just because the guy has the same height weight and speed doesn't mean he'll be good. Moss was a natural receiver with great hands and route running ability and a freak athlete. This guy can't catch a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No ******* way this guy is as fast as Randy Moss.

Archived