Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

If everything breaks right, what is the upper win total?

On 7/2/2017 at 9:23 PM, Maxman said:

Everything goes right. Hackenberg or Petty win the job and show promise. The defense improves, Claiborne stays healthy. The offensive line plays as well as you can expect from them.

I know, a lot of if's. But the question is, if everything breaks right, how many games can this team win?

If we had a really good coach I would say just on that alone this team would win games but with this coach and the real lack of veteran presence we would be really lucky to win 3-4 games. If we had a coach like Jim Harbaugh I could see that ceiling being more like 7-8 games just on motivation alone. I would also see us contending much quicker as well 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If we had a really good coach I would say just on that alone this team would win games but with this coach and the real lack of veteran presence we would be really lucky to win 3-4 games. If we had a coach like Jim Harbaugh I could see that ceiling being more like 7-8 games just on motivation alone. I would also see us contending much quicker as well 

You give Bowles too much credit. We will only win games this year other teams try to  lose. Literally they will have to work with us for us to win. This team will never contend consistently with Bowles in charge. Might get a lucky horseshoe up the butt season here and there but Todd has shown us nothing that would make us think he is getting better. Our  new coach will get these guys contending within a year or two providing he has at least a serviceable QB to work with. We got some nice young developmental talent that the right coach could do something with. Todd Bowles will be one and done after his Jet tenure as a head coach. You hit the nail on the head. We need a coach that can MOTIVATE these guys . Bowles can't even keep the locker room together 

Just now, The Crusher said:

You give Bowles too much credit. We will only win games this year other teams try to  lose. Literally they will have to work with us for us to win. This team will never contend consistently with Bowles in charge. Might get a lucky horseshoe up the butt season here and there but Todd has shown us nothing that would make us think he is getting better. Our  new coach will get these guys contending within a year or two providing he has at least a serviceable QB to work with. We got some nice young developmental talent that the right coach could do something with. Todd Bowles will be one and done after his Jet tenure as a head coach. You hit the nail in the head. We need a coach that can MOTIVATE these guys . Bowles can't even keep the locker room together 

Im right there with you on Bowles Crush (look what it says over my avatar ) but you would think we might pull out a few games from teams just having really bad days like a rainy day when they fumble 75 times :)

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Im right there with you on Bowles Crush (look what it says over my avatar ) but you would think we might pull out a few games from teams just having really bad days like a rainy day when they fumble 75 times :)

Uhh,err 76?

On 7/2/2017 at 10:23 PM, Maxman said:

Everything goes right. Hackenberg or Petty win the job and show promise. The defense improves, Claiborne stays healthy. The offensive line plays as well as you can expect from them.

I know, a lot of if's. But the question is, if everything breaks right, how many games can this team win?

Expectations of the O-line are pretty low. I don't think we get more than 5 wins this year, and that's being optimistic. It will be a lot better and healthier for all of us if we just approach every game this season like a preseason game. I'll be very happy just seeing players getting better. 

On 7/3/2017 at 10:42 AM, EM31 said:

If everything breaks right then we go 1-15, don't screw up the draft and get the QB of our dreams.

If things go the other way I can see the defense being pretty good right away and possibly even better than that.  So how many wins can we get with a really good defense and an offense that is mostly being carried?  Maybe as many as 10 but I will stick with my 1-15 dreams.

We'll get a quarterback... whether he is the one of our dreams remains to be seen... I'm sure I'm not the only one getting a Todd Marinovich vibe from Darnold;  I would LOVE to be wrong...but remember who we root for guys...the fates are still pissed for Jan 12, 1969...

If all those things happen I could see 8-8. Hackenberg would have to be much better than what Bryce Petty showed, but if he does and the run game stays strong, yeah I think Jets could go .500. Call me an optimist.

5 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

In a best case scenario, Hackenberg wins the job, plays poorly, the Jets have a bad season which sends Mac and Bowles packing, and a new GM and coach get to pick our franchise QB at the top of the 2018 draft.

How in heck is this a BEST CASE SCENARIO? To me all you say here is a disaster. To send Mac packing will be a big mistake. He has drafted better than the last three GM's this team has had COMBINED. Bowles is a no fire guy that doesn't use his personnel to it's best advantage and has no adjustment capability. I hope he goes no matter how good or bad the team plays.

How in heck is this a BEST CASE SCENARIO? To me all you say here is a disaster. To send Mac packing will be a big mistake. He has drafted better than the last three GM's this team has had COMBINED. Bowles is a no fire guy that doesn't use his personnel to it's best advantage and has no adjustment capability. I hope he goes no matter how good or bad the team plays.

This is a much better scenario than Hackenberg being decent enough to win 5-6 games, but not impressive enough to anoint him the starter in 2018. 5-6 wins take the Jets out of the running for the top 2-3 QB's in the 2018 draft, so we're right back where we started after 3 years of Mac and Bowles, no franchise QB, mediocre roster at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I actually think the lack of veteran presence will help Bowles. The wildcard is McCown and whether Bowles can ever steer himself to the right decision and start Hack. 

16 hours ago, jmat321 said:

It's 7 to 9, but not enough for the P/Os.

If that's with Hack playing, and playing well, I will be very happy. :-) 

If it's with McCown I'll be the exact opposite. :-( 

It's the Jimmies and the Joes, not the X's and the O's.