Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
win4ever

Antonio Callaway

10 posts in this topic

This kid reminds me a lot of Brandon Cooks, although he isn't used like Cooks in college.  His route tree is somewhat limited, but man, what an explosive athlete in space.  It's just a highlight tape, but notice how well he creates separation from these corners.  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, win4ever said:

This kid reminds me a lot of Brandon Cooks, although he isn't used like Cooks in college.  His route tree is somewhat limited, but man, what an explosive athlete in space.  It's just a highlight tape, but notice how well he creates separation from these corners.  

 

His rap sheet looks a little like a big headache, and guy who is sitting out due to suspensions more then playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

His rap sheet looks a little like a big headache, and guy who is sitting out due to suspensions more then playing.

His rap sheet is going to cause him to tumble for sure, but on the field he's a great prospect.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, win4ever said:

His rap sheet is going to cause him to tumble for sure, but on the field he's a great prospect.  

He looks like he plays much bigger then Cooks, if the kid can get his sh*t straight he could be a very good pro for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

He looks like he plays much bigger then Cooks, if the kid can get his sh*t straight he could be a very good pro for sure.

They are listed nearly the same, Callaway by an inch and some pounds but usually college over exaggerate, so I think the same size.  I love his ability to change gears and break away from defenders, and his cuts keep most of the speed.  

Unless he absolutely terrorizes the SEC this season, he should be in the Round 2-3 range with his off the field issues, and I think he can be a steal talent wise.  I'm not sure about his character at all though, but apart from the first round, I'd like to take some risks because we are so devoid of talent.  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

His rap sheet looks a little like a big headache, and guy who is sitting out due to suspensions more then playing.

He's missed two games and played 26 but yes, he sits out more than he plays.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, win4ever said:

His rap sheet is going to cause him to tumble for sure, but on the field he's a great prospect.  

 

8 hours ago, win4ever said:

They are listed nearly the same, Callaway by an inch and some pounds but usually college over exaggerate, so I think the same size.  I love his ability to change gears and break away from defenders, and his cuts keep most of the speed.  

Unless he absolutely terrorizes the SEC this season, he should be in the Round 2-3 range with his off the field issues, and I think he can be a steal talent wise.  I'm not sure about his character at all though, but apart from the first round, I'd like to take some risks because we are so devoid of talent.  

 

I really dont see his "rap" sheet impacting him one bit.  He got caught with weed and was accused of sexual assault and it came out the girl lied the entire time and there were multiple witness, her friends included that said Callaway was to high to even move.  haha  He smokes weed, just like 90% of the NFL.  He's really no different than Percy Harvin from that perspective except he's not punching position coaches in the face.

I think the biggest impact on his draft stock is Florida's terrible offense and lack of a QB.  Callaway is a game changer, explosive and clutch...but when you're asked to catch the ball 3 times a game, who knows what you can really do at the next level.  Who knows how many routes he can run.  In comparison, you got to see it all from Cooks who caught 128 passes his JR year.  

I love watching Callaway.  He's electric with the ball in his hands.  Hell, some of our best plays are kick offs and punts.  haha.  Kids got insane potential but I think his stock will depend highly on how he does through the process proving he can run an NFL route tree.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JiF said:

 

I really dont see his "rap" sheet impacting him one bit.  He got caught with weed and was accused of sexual assault and it came out the girl lied the entire time and there were multiple witness, her friends included that said Callaway was to high to even move.  haha  He smokes weed, just like 90% of the NFL.  He's really no different than Percy Harvin from that perspective except he's not punching position coaches in the face.

I think the biggest impact on his draft stock is Florida's terrible offense and lack of a QB.  Callaway is a game changer, explosive and clutch...but when you're asked to catch the ball 3 times a game, who knows what you can really do at the next level.  Who knows how many routes he can run.  In comparison, you got to see it all from Cooks who caught 128 passes his JR year.  

I love watching Callaway.  He's electric with the ball in his hands.  Hell, some of our best plays are kick offs and punts.  haha.  Kids got insane potential but I think his stock will depend highly on how he does through the process proving he can run an NFL route tree.

 

I think the multiple levels of it plays a big part of it unfortunately.  Ruben Foster was probably one of the best LB prospects I remember seeing in college, and he took a tumble (partially due to the shoulder- and Alabama injury concerns) and part of it was the drug tests.  Callaway argued that he was too drugged up to rape her, lol, which probably means he has a weed issue.  And with suspensions still happening for drugs, I think teams would be weary, even with talented guys like Martavius Bryant.  Florida, as we found out with Hernandez, is pretty ingrained with the police department around them to stifle any big arrests if they can help it, so I'm not even sure if there are more issues.  

He does need to be used more, because it's just a bad system, and also SEC defenses.  However, just from the small sample size, he has been impressive.  I wish they made All 22 available because I would think he's open more times than not.  He does small things like head and hand fakes, angle attacks, and changing gears, which reminds me a ton Cooks in college, but with much less opportunity to thrive.  He's also great on punt and kick returns.  

He looked great at the start of the year with Del Rio last year, and then took a tumble once he got hurt and Appleby took over.  Now, Del Rio should be back and Franks is supposed to push him with a great arm, which should help the down the field passing.  Usually every year, I like to latch onto a couple of WR prospects to check out that aren't first round guys and follow them.  So far, have Callaway.  Last year, it was Travin Dural (didn't work out too good, lol) and Chris Godwin (and he blew up after the combine).  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more Gators on this team, period. Florida bias aside, Callaway makes plays. Not sure i like the Cooks comp, saw more desean jackson out there myself. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Paradis said:

We need more Gators on this team, period. Florida bias aside, Callaway makes plays. Not sure i like the Cooks comp, saw more desean jackson out there myself. 

 

 

Maybe the return ability looks DeSean Jackson-ish because both were a terror on the return game.  Just from the passing game, I got a Cooks vibe with how he sets up some of his routes, while Jackson seemed to run more linear at times.  I love how he sets up defenders so well, and we really need a dynamic returner because I'm tired of watching fair catch Kerley and I hope he just catches it Marshall.  

It depends on how the team's receivers do this year, because if one of Hansen/Stewart can show to be a potentially good No. 2 guy, I have a feeling we shy away from receivers, unless we trade one.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0