Guys being played out of position

Jet_Engine1

10 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

There's nothing wrong with Jenkins. Dude became an instant starter and contributor at the strong side- and he's only going to improve. Lee struggled mightily, Jenkins had a sophomore slump but you're reaching big time with Jordan.

That's not good enough!  We're Jets fans here, if they don't make an immediate impact on the first day of the season, they're a bust and time to move on.  If they make the Pro Bowl in their first year then we'll be ok with keeping them arounds, but one off year and we'll trade them for a 6th rounder afterwards.  

9 hours ago, varjet said:

Lee was a copy cat of Deone Buchanon and Ryan Shazier, among others.  On paper it was a credible pick.  i think the issue is what type of football he is.

Vilma appeared to have trouble playing one of the ILB positions, and then thrived as a MLB (not WLB) in the Saints system.  

Although it is said that you need 3 years to evaluate a draft, that is to see the lower picks.  For Lee, this is his year.

They better have hope he was shazier because Lee is nothing like buchanon.  Big safeties with good instincts can actually cover and attack as opposed to a fast linebacker that can run but can't cover.  If the Jets truly wanted a Buchanon as has been stated they should have drafted a safety to covert into a small LB

You ever get stuck sitting next to the wackjob at the bar who thinks "da Jets got a shot this year"? It's the worst sh*t in the ******* world. They say sh*t like, "You know that kid from Tex--whatshisname--Hackerman? He's good. I didn't like that Geno Smith, though" then he gets quiet and says something like "black quarterbacks--ehhhhhhhhh" And then you're just trying to eat your nachos and he wants to reminisce about that time he did some coke with Rich Miano once. And  then the game goes on and he's screaming about how we should have traded a first rounder for Colt McCoy.

Much better! You still got it in you thank goodness. I can handle the Jets sucking, hell they've just about always sucked. Uninspired TomShane posts....... well that just sucks the life out of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You ever get stuck sitting next to the wackjob at the bar who thinks "da Jets got a shot this year"? It's the worst sh*t in the ******* world. They say sh*t like, "You know that kid from Tex--whatshisname--Hackerman? He's good. I didn't like that Geno Smith, though" then he gets quiet and says something like "black quarterbacks--ehhhhhhhhh" And then you're just trying to eat your nachos and he wants to reminisce about that time he did some coke with Rich Miano once. And  then the game goes on and he's screaming about how we should have traded a first rounder for Colt McCoy.

I hate that guy.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They better have hope he was shazier because Lee is nothing like buchanon.  Big safeties with good instincts can actually cover and attack as opposed to a fast linebacker that can run but can't cover.  If the Jets truly wanted a Buchanon as has been stated they should have drafted a safety to covert into a small LB

like Su'a Cravens maybe?

18 hours ago, jgb said:

He didn't change, the culture around here just got a lot more sensitive

I think when you only have one viewpoint--in this case negative--it wears thin.

Everyone loves a summer shower that cools off the heat and clears out the humidity. Nobody likes a steady rain that ruins all the outdoor plans you make.

I think when you only have one viewpoint--in this case negative--it wears thin.
Everyone loves a summer shower that cools off the heat and clears out the humidity. Nobody likes a steady rain that ruins all the outdoor plans you make.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

17 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Try sitting next to the guy who thinks he knows more than all the GMs in the world, just because he follows football. A real treat. 

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I once had a guy tell me that Vernon Gholston should play safety because he was the fastest guy at "the tryouts." 

What hipster joints are you guys watching games at? At the Jets Fan Club in Raleigh, they just drink themselves into oblivion and occasionally mutter a few profanities at the screen.

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Like Obi Melifonwu 6'4 225 .  Whether lined up at SS or Wlb has one job to neutralize the Te.( matchup to Te in coverage). 

On July 9, 2017 at 11:49 PM, varjet said:

Lee was a copy cat of Deone Buchanon and Ryan Shazier, among others.  On paper it was a credible pick.  i think the issue is what type of football he is.

Vilma appeared to have trouble playing one of the ILB positions, and then thrived as a MLB (not WLB) in the Saints system.  

Although it is said that you need 3 years to evaluate a draft, that is to see the lower picks.  For Lee, this is his year.

Lee, like Vilma, is worthless in a 3-4

On July 11, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Raideraholic said:

Like Obi Melifonwu 6'4 225 .  Whether lined up at SS or Wlb has one job to neutralize the Te.( matchup to Te in coverage). 

Watch Obi be as good or better than Adams and Maye

Archived