Jet's owner wants private helipad, rather than land at airport 2 miles away

joewilly12

11 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

The title says "2 miles," the article says "2 minutes," which one is it?

I'd like this cleared up before forming an opinion. 

It is 1.9 Miles and 122 seconds.

10 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

How can I express how little I give a sh*t?

My preference would be that you make like 10 posts on it. That would show that you don't care at all thanks.

Site Management

:)

20 hours ago, thadude said:

Really?  I went to Rutgers and lived on George St I don't recall that happening.  They have a facility located on George Street but it's huge and could accommodate a heliport 

16 hours ago, thadude said:

'99-'03

I lived in the river dorms which were on George St and most of my classes were by George St.  The J&J building is right there but has its own huge campus I don't see how landing a helicopter inside their own campus helipad would interfere with anything outside

Probably '86-'87 and the class was directly across the George Street from the J&J compound.  It wasn't one of the main buildings, further up the street.  To be fair, I did my 4 years with most classes on College Ave campus, lived in Hardenbergh for a year and that was the only building where it happened. I think it was a Friday morning class and until I took it, I did not even know that they had a helipad.  

It wasn't a huge disruption, well less than 5 minutes, but guys that had that convenience in the late '80s are not likely to want to lose it now when we should be in our flying cars.

It is funny that I am defending myself.  Like I would make this up.  When I make sh*t up I went to a better school. :)

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Fly in for what games?

For Jet games.  One of my partners is a pilot.  He is from Sparta and we would fly into all kinds of airfields in NJ.  My favorite was a landing at Newark.  The guy on the tow truck was laughing his rear end off.  He said he had never seen such a small plane landing there before.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It is 1.9 Miles and 122 seconds.

Yes, but if two helicopters leave their respective helipads at the same time, and one is traveling at 80 miles per hour with a 10 mph back wind, the other is traveling at 60 miles per hour against a 10 mph, when they each reach the halfway point... they'll still be more entertaining to watch than the Jets.

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yes, but if two helicopters leave their respective helipads at the same time, and one is traveling at 80 miles per hour with a 10 mph back wind, the other is traveling at 60 miles per hour against a 10 mph, when they each reach the halfway point... they'll still be more entertaining to watch than the Jets.

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

5 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

For Jet games.  One of my partners is a pilot.  He is from Sparta and we would fly into all kinds of airfields in NJ.  My favorite was a landing at Newark.  The guy on the tow truck was laughing his rear end off.  He said he had never seen such a small plane landing there before.

The landing fee at Newark is prohibitive. He's  loaded apparently. Lots of pilots here in Sparta. The beacon for Newark approach is right here (about 45 miles from EWR) and pilots say they like the look of the town from above. Seriously.

On 7/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, HighPitch said:

Whatz the big deal. Pour a concrete pad. A helicopter every few days is no big deal

The intent of the post isn't to discuss helipads.  It's to make Woody Johnson look like a disconnected elitist.  Which is supposed to lead to an argument about rich people.  Which will lead to a debate about PSL's.

This is one bad offseason.

SAR I

He won't even have to leave at the end of the first quarter to beat the halftime traffic

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Can't have our own stadium in NY, but totes needs that private helipad.

Maybe they should just pile up minorities and land his helicopter on them...

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The intent of the post isn't to discuss helipads.  It's to make Woody Johnson look like a disconnected elitist.  Which is supposed to lead to an argument about rich people.  Which will lead to a debate about PSL's.

This is one bad offseason.

SAR I

The whole OWS and rage against the 1% was so 2011.

Didn't the article say that they wanted it to get people in and out of their home facility and to air lift injured players out?  

HTF did that become an indictment againt Woody?  Why to Jets fans take such pride in bashing their teams owner?  It childish

17 hours ago, batman10023 said:

They took a case to the Supreme Court recently

Man what a waste. There is a super fancy neighborhood in greenwich, Polo fields and everything,  they tell me they are always in court about who is building what. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Man what a waste. There is a super fancy neighborhood in greenwich, Polo fields and everything,  they tell me they are always in court about who is building what. 

east hampton wanted to regulate the planes and helicopters that came in.  the govt said it was a federal issue.

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

east hampton wanted to regulate the planes and helicopters that came in.  the govt said it was a federal issue.

Everyone wants to be the last one into Paradise and throw away the key

On 7/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, thadude said:

He could also fly first class to Newark but then he'd be by us little people

I'm sure if you had the means to procure a direct helicopter ride as opposed to a flight and then a limo ride you'd choose the helicopter. 

Why this bothers people amazes me.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Everyone wants to be the last one into Paradise and throw away the key

They didn't want early morning or late evening flights.  Or shuttles of helicopters.  All seem reasonable to me. It's annoying to see these billionaires disturb us multimillion vacation homes. :-)

Archived