idzik.. just how bad was he at drafting players ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is more relevant to ask why / how Todd Bowles is still our HC. To continue to lambaste the departed is silly as there is nothing we can do to change was has happened already, but we can change the future for the positive by sending Mr. Bowles out on the Jenny, forever.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I think it is more relevant to ask why / how Todd Bowles is still our HC. To continue to lambaste the departed is silly as there is nothing we can do to change was has happened already, but we can change the future for the positive by sending Mr. Bowles out on the Jenny, forever.

That probably won't happen this season. He will get a mulligan as long as the team plays hard and shows progress. I think he has flaws that cannot be fixed such as he lacks fire on the sideline and adjustments are just a theory.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

To the folks who want to give Mac 10 years free pass because of Idzik: Somehow Kotites drafts didn't stop Parcells from almost getting to the Super Bowl just 2 years later

Parcells brought in a lot of free agents that helped. 

To the folks who want to give Mac 10 years free pass because of Idzik: Somehow Kotites drafts didn't stop Parcells from almost getting to the Super Bowl just 2 years later

Parcells walked into a very talented young team.  The team was just poorly coached, BP is an all time great HC.  many of the same players that were 1-15 in 1996 were 9-7 in 1997.

it's not just that Idzik's drafts were bad but he built up for that one huge draft and did a horrendous job that set the franchise back a few years.  we had a one year blip w/ FA when we had to spend but Macc deserves time to rebuild the right way.

Idzik sucked.  Mac's drafts have not been better

w/ 19 picks in 2 years Idzik selected just 2 real starters- Richardson who has been suspended numerous games and Enunwa who stepped up last year.  to say Macc's drafts have not been better is silly.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

w/ 19 picks in 2 years Idzik selected just 2 real starters- Richardson who has been suspended numerous games and Enunwa who stepped up last year.  to say Macc's drafts have not been better is silly.

And Mac selected 1 in his first 2 years drafting 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells took over the best 1-15 team in history, and Rex took over the worst 9-7 team in history, and Maccagnan inherited $60 mil in cap space, but it was a cheap $60 mil.

are you saying we weren't talented when he took over?

Just now, thadude said:

How? Please name me the good players not named Leo we drafted in 2015 and 2016

Leo might be our best draft pick since revis and it's way too early to evaluate his picks as only one class has played more than a year.

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

And Mac selected 1 in his first 2 years drafting 

that one is the best pick we have made since a future HOFer in revis and Williams, Lee, Burris, Jenkins are all legit starters in 2017 and w/ much fewer picks to choose from.

42 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If Winters isn't a real starter, how come our fancy smarty pants player personnel side GM just gave him $8M per?

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that one is the best pick we have made since a future HOFer in revis and Williams, Lee, Burris, Jenkins are all legit starters in 2017 and w/ much fewer picks to choose from.

Leo is a very good player but Idzik drafted Enunwa in the late rounds and he is just as valuable 

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

are you saying we weren't talented when he took over?

Leo might be our best draft pick since revis and it's way too early to evaluate his picks as only one class has played more than a year.

Best draft pick since Revis?  Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson are just as talented and play the same position and were also first round picks

Probably the best young player we got since Revis who was either a draft pick or rookie UFA was Snacks Harrison aka the NFL's best run defender

But I digress to my original point.  All of Macagnan's draft picks besides Leo in 2015 and 2016 have been garbage yet somehow he is "astronmically better at drafting"

30 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If Winters isn't a real starter, how come our fancy smarty pants player personnel side GM just gave him $8M per?

Because Mac is obsessed with overpaying to resign any free agent not named Snacks

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think we can lay all the blame at Maccagnan's and Bowles's feet until we relitigate the Steve Gutman Era.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Parcells brought in a lot of free agents that helped. 

You know who else brought in a lot of free agents?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells walked into a very talented young team.  The team was just poorly coached, BP is an all time great HC.  many of the same players that were 1-15 in 1996 were 9-7 in 1997.

it's not just that Idzik's drafts were bad but he built up for that one huge draft and did a horrendous job that set the franchise back a few years.  we had a one year blip w/ FA when we had to spend but Macc deserves time to rebuild the right way.

Parcells took over the best 1-15 team in history, and Rex took over the worst 9-7 team in history, and Maccagnan inherited $60 mil in cap space, but it was a cheap $60 mil.

636198585662377042-772162867_Look.gif

Come one now... Ya'll play nice.

2012 draft: 

Quinton Coples

Stephen Hill

Demario Davis

Josh Bush

Terrance Ganaway

Robert Griffin

Antonio Allen

Jordan White

Bad drafts don't necessarily end a team's chances at being competitive.  The Pats have had a few clunkers too.  It's bad management that sinks a football team.  Idzik was better than Mac in this regard by leaps and bounds.

47 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

my mistake, I missed Winters.

21 minutes ago, thadude said:

Leo is a very good player but Idzik drafted Enunwa in the late rounds and he is just as valuable 

I love Quincy but that draft produced the following WRs: Odell Beckham, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant while we drafted WRs Jalen Saunders, Shaq evans and later Enunway.

19 minutes ago, thadude said:

Best draft pick since Revis?  Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson are just as talented and play the same position and were also first round picks

Probably the best young player we got since Revis who was either a draft pick or rookie UFA was Snacks Harrison aka the NFL's best run defender

But I digress to my original point.  All of Macagnan's draft picks besides Leo in 2015 and 2016 have been garbage yet somehow he is "astronmically better at drafting"

Williams isn't the off field distraction that Sheldon is and he doesn't take plays off like Mo.

Again, Macc's drafts have only seen 1 class w/ more than 1 season.  how can they be garbage? and you can;'t forget all the picks Idzik had in a talent rich 2014 draft.  he stockpiled picks and had one of the worst drafts in team history.

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

2012 draft: 

Quinton Coples

Stephen Hill

Demario Davis

Josh Bush

Terrance Ganaway

Robert Griffin

Antonio Allen

Jordan White

Bad drafts don't necessarily end a team's chances at being competitive.  The Pats have had a few clunkers too.  It's bad management that sinks a football team.  Idzik was better than Mac in this regard by leaps and bounds.

idzilk was better than Mac in what regard?

and yeah NE has had clunkers but they have Tom Brady.  the 2014 draft would cripple any franchise as Idzik refused to spend on FAs and allowed others to leave to stockpile picks then he had one of the worst drafts in history in one of the deepest drafts of modern times.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

and yeah NE has had clunkers but they have Tom Brady.  the 2014 draft would cripple any franchise as Idzik refused to spend on FAs and allowed others to leave to stockpile picks then he had one of the worst drafts in history in one of the deepest drafts of modern times.

true..

:cry:

11 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

636198585662377042-772162867_Look.gif

Come one now... Ya'll play nice.

some of the talent BP inherited:

Keyshawn Johnson

Wayne Cherebet

Adrian Murrell

Kyle Brady

Jeff Graham

Jumbo Elliot

Matt O'Dwyer

hugh Douglas

Mo Lewis

Marvin Jones

Aaron Glenn

Marcus Coleman

Ray Mickens

Richie Anderson

Chad Cascadden

Bobby Hamilton

that's a damn good base of talent to work with.  He also inherited the #1 OVERALL pick and #1 pick in each round which, of course, he screwed up.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Management.  He refused to sign FA's to stockpile picks.  He accumulated $60 mil. in cap space.  Basically, under Idzik, the team was in a similar situation as it is now except now we don't have much cap space and don't have any extra draft picks.  So, yea, Idzik was a better manager.

Just now, sirlancemehlot said:

Management.  He refused to sign FA's to stockpile picks.  He accumulated $60 mil. in cap space.  Basically, under Idzik, the team was in a similar situation as it is now except now we don't have much cap space and don't have any extra draft picks.  So, yea, Idzik was a better manager.

ok.  I can agree w/. that.  I liked his approach, it was his execution that was lacking but to be fair to Macc he had to spend when he took over.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

my mistake, I missed Winters.

I love Quincy but that draft produced the following WRs: Odell Beckham, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant while we drafted WRs Jalen Saunders, Shaq evans and later Enunway.

Williams isn't the off field distraction that Sheldon is and he doesn't take plays off like Mo.

Again, Macc's drafts have only seen 1 class w/ more than 1 season.  how can they be garbage? and you can;'t forget all the picks Idzik had in a talent rich 2014 draft.  he stockpiled picks and had one of the worst drafts in team history.

I'm comparing Idzik's two drafts to Mac's first two drafts.  Where is the huge disparity in talent that Mac has gotten us?

Idzik: Sheldon, Enunwa, Winters

Mac: Leo, Anderson (UFA)

The rest of the players are either JAGs or Duds

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Too bad the 2015 and 2016 drafts weren't much better

Archived