idzik.. just how bad was he at drafting players ? ? ?

kelly

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Never mind that everyone - including Tannenbaum, after he was already fired with nothing to gain by falling on a sword - said this was Tannenbaum's baby. Not something a person gives media interviews to talk about while he's looking for a job, unless he's looking to diffuse how bad the move was.

Seems likely Denver was shopping him to get rid of the Tebowmania distraction, particularly not wanting it to continue with newly-signed Peyton Manning, and they got a bite on their line when they called the Jets. They'd get a QB to pressure Sanchez, one with starting/playoff experience should Mark get hurt, and they get their replacement Brad Smith for that ****ing wildcat sh**.

Lol, thought you were smarter than this...

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2017 at 1:53 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

You clearly missed my first sentence where I reiterated that nobody suggested there was some 2-man competition for the starting job.

I doubt they'd have cameras with players and coaches testifying and filming him doing so, if that's what you require. That is what was reported. I furnished you with one, and there is no shortage of plenty more, but it's not my job to furnish you with every one out there. Nor am I inclined to do research for you to win a pointless dispute 5 years after it happened.

You can certainly choose to ignore reports and articles that you dislike. We obviously disagree on his playing level in 2010, or how good a QB he ever was, but I'm not getting into that with you again for the umpteenth time.

I choose to listen to reality, Tebow was brought in as a Brad Smith type but Tebow wanted to be a QB and didn't do what was asked.  he ultimately hurt the team but what hurt more was a season where Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill were our top WRs.

• 1 month later...

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

This is rather remarkable: By trading Dexter McDougle, only two players remain from the Jets' 12-man draft class in 2014 -- aka the Idzik 12. G Dakota Dozier and WR Quincy Enunwa (out for the year) are the only survivors. Goners include Calvin Pryor (first round) and Jace Amaro (second). And you wonder why the Jets are hurting now.

Archived