Jets Promote Heimerdinger to VP of Player Personnel

JetNation

Brian-Heimerdinger.jpg?fit=247%2C246

By Glenn Naughton

The Jets have reportedly elevated highly respected personnel man Brian Heimerdinger to the position of Vice President of Player Personnel.

Heimerdinger joined the organization in January of 2015 when he left the Rams to join Mike Maccagnan’s personnel staff.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
6t2Z5kc1TPo

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets need a personnel epiphany.  The team needs to start producing players who can play football.

The Jets are also promoting internally, which is good, but I also wonder who from outside is working here until the team stabilizes.

31 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets need a personnel epiphany.  The team needs to start producing players who can play football.

The Jets are also promoting internally, which is good, but I also wonder who from outside is working here until the team stabilizes.

Well, Mac's first draft class enters year three this season.  If it produces a couple of starters and a quality back up or two, I'll take it.

We'll also get a good idea as to how last year's class is coming along as Lee, Shell, Burris, Anderson, Peake, should get extended action and they all played well at times as rookies. Lawrence Thomas also made a few big plays in his debut before missing the rest of the season on IR.

Good move, as in any organization, if you have somebody good, you have to fight like hell to keep them from being poached.  It's the #1 ongoing thing we fght in my organization- the stars get snatched up and the numbskulls stay forever 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Good move, as in any organization, if you have somebody good, you have to fight like hell to keep them from being poached.  It's the #1 ongoing thing we fght in my organization- the stars get snatched up and the numbskulls stay forever 

Well that is one thing us Jet fans do not have to worry about now is it, in fact, if someone poached the whole CS, I would do naked cartwheels down the boardwalk in AC, and believe you me, what a site that would be LOL.

When I look at the Packers, Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens, I see teams that have an ability to stock a roster with talented football players.  

In year 3 of Macc and Heimer, I am not seeing that.  This is an Old Boys network. Let's see the Jets accumulate a solid roster before promoting Heimer.  

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This still doesn't make a lot of sense, but w/e

The picks the Jets have made have no reflection on Heimerdinger. If that's what you're connecting it to. As fans it's pretty hard to see why any promotions at that end happen, as it's all behind the scenes. But the tweet gave you a couple reasons why. 

19 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Legitimately mystified by the "future GM to watch" comment. Based on what?

Well, Maccagnan's former GM boss recommended him as a future GM. Maybe the insinuation is Maccagnan would do the same solid for his own former underling after he's reduced to brief consulting gigs (like Casserly). 

16 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

The picks the Jets have made have no reflection on Heimerdinger. If that's what you're connecting it to. As fans it's pretty hard to see why any promotions at that end happen, as it's all behind the scenes. But the tweet gave you a couple reasons why. 

Literally every person in the scouting community is described as a "hard worker with a good eye for talent." Every single one of them.

• 9 months later...
On 7/12/2017 at 10:23 AM, T0mShane said:

Literally every person in the scouting community is described as a "hard worker with a good eye for talent." Every single one of them.

Yes but do they have a high football IQ?

On 7/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, dbatesman said:

Legitimately mystified by the "future GM to watch" comment. Based on what?

The NFL at the Executive and even head coach level is all about office politics, connections and charisma more than actual competence. Just look atJeff Fisher.

I see it as this way Macc and Bowles hired separately Heime hired to oversee both clowns. Ultimately he can make the decision to turn one or the other loose if the team continues to embarrass the fan base an be the laughing stock of the NFL. 

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I see it as this way Macc and Bowles hired separately Heime hired to oversee both clowns. Ultimately he can make the decision to turn one or the other loose if the team continues to embarrass the fan base an be the laughing stock of the NFL. 

He works for Mac, not the other way around.

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Heimerdinger: Michael Bluth

Maccagnan: Tobias Funke

Bowles: Buster Bluth

Woody: Lucille Bluth

On 7/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Well, Maccagnan's former GM boss recommended him as a future GM. Maybe the insinuation is Maccagnan would do the same solid for his own former underling after he's reduced to brief consulting gigs (like Casserly). 

I think we should hang on to Macc. It is better to be lucky than good.  Yogi said so.

Archived