Former Jets QB Chad Pennington hopes Todd Bowles gets the chance to turn franchise around

Gas2No99

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I discuss reality, you get all pissy.  of course Mark is one of our best QBs ever, that says more about our franchise than Mark.  our greatest QB was an average QB the majority of his career.  Jet fans celebrate Ken O'Brien and bash Mark sanchez, it's all nonsense.  

Rivers is a #s guy, a team will never win w/ him.  is he better than mark? of course but I'd rather have a Mark and move on than waste an era w/ an overrated QB like Rivers.

Mark 4-2 as starting QB in playoffs including beating Rivers on the road when SD was hottest team in the league and had much more talent than we had.

Rivers 4-5 as starting QB in playoffs which includes his only div rd win after getting hurt and his backup coming in and leading GW TD drive.

SD had the most talented team in the league for a few years.  I get it, he puts up meaningless fantasy #s so that impresses fans.  doesn't impress me.

You just can't help yourself can you.  Pissy?  Sure.   You over estimate how much from these wins were on mark and bingo, you have created a top QB.  Then you add in hypotheticals, like how many more wins teams would have had if they played Mark.  

But again, you never stop with the same message that no one is buying.

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We agree but you seem to give Tanny a pass. In my view, Tanny was not very astute as a GM with personnel moves . He overpaid flashy players, got pushed around, wasnt tough when need be.

We could have kept Braylon and Cotch for next to nothing and let Holmes walk.  He let Favre out of his deal. 

He , in my view, stripped Sanchez and did not build a team around his basic skill set.

Tannenbaum was certainly not perfect but he was a good GM.  

The favre deal was agreed to when we got him, it was a 1 year deal.  He could have been a jerk and backed out and made Favre really retire but he honored the agreement.  In 2008 w/ weaker sched and no Brady Favre sabotaged our season so losing him was a plus not a minus.  IF we got the 2009 version that’s a different story but that guy didn’t want to play for us.

He did strip Mark of the talent around him which set Mark back and he never recovered here but overall he was a good GM.

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason.   Pick any three.  Your WR situation would not be any better for 2011 than it was.  

Cotch wanted out and Braylon never did anything after we didn’t sign him.  he re-signed Holmes then made tried w/ Mason and Plax.  It didn’t work out.  Mason and Plax were not very good.  That 2011 team was really hurt by the lockout.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just can't help yourself can you.  Pissy?  Sure.   You over estimate how much from these wins were on mark and bingo, you have created a top QB.  Then you add in hypotheticals, like how many more wins teams would have had if they played Mark.  

But again, you never stop with the same message that no one is buying.

You struggle to read, never once have I said Mark carried us or was the main reason we were very good.  We were a D first team, we won mostly on the D and lost mostly on the D but Mark was vital to those runs.  We don’t make them w/o him.

There’s no message, there’s reality.  You can try to change my argument as much as you want but the reality is mark was vital to our runs whether you like it or not.  I understand he didn’t put up the fantasy #s you wanted, I am sure you preferred Favre 2008 but I like to win.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

End it, I'm don't with your spinning argument.  You don't even acknowledge what you sell

No one agrees with you, stop embarrassing yourself.

Leave me alone with this Sanchez nonsense. 

the only one embarrassing here is you b/c you clearly can't read. move along son.

Archived