Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetNation

Timeline to the Tank; How did Maccagnan and Company get Here?

102 posts in this topic

A beautifully detailed time line all just to say, thanks Idzick.  

Can't believe you left out the part where Idzik met Loretta Lynch on the tarmac.

By hitting paydirt?

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

March 2015- With a cornerback depth chart that consisted of Kyle Wilson, Marcus Williams, Darrin Walls, Philip Adams and the oft inured Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle, Maccagnan gets to work re-building the secondary. He inks cornerbacks Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine.  Team owner Woody Johnson is hit with tampering charges for comments he made in regards to the team’s interest in Revis before the start of free agency. That development leads many to believe the mega-contract given to Revis was ordered by the owner.

lol

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

A beautifully detailed time line all just to say, thanks Idzick.  

Not really.  I hear and see quite a few Jets fans who only pay attention on a part-time basis, so they don't understand how the team was bad two years ago, and the team is still bad but it's okay.  One of the best ways to explain it is step by step, like drawing a picture for a visual learner.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can't believe you left out the part where Idzik met Loretta Lynch on the tarmac.

Unless she has something to do with Paxton Lynch, I'm not interested.

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

lol

Leonard Williams was Maccagnan's idea, but Woody is responsible for Revis, Marcus Gilchrist, and uhh Devin Smith

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

lol

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Leonard Williams was Maccagnan's idea, but Woody is responsible for Revis, Marcus Gilchrist, and uhh Devin Smith

The two of you have really made this board unreadable.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Woody also drafted Hackenbrain after using a first round pick on a 5'10 180lb ILB

It all started January 13,1969.........

6 hours ago, thadude said:

It actually started when Bowles benched Chris Ivory for Stevan Ridley in week 17 2015

This did seem like the wrong thing to do at the time but do we really know just how banged up and disabled Ivory was at that point in the season.  It might have left Bowles with little choice.  One of those things we'll never know I suppose.  

36 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This did seem like the wrong thing to do at the time but do we really know just how banged up and disabled Ivory was at that point in the season.  It might have left Bowles with little choice.  One of those things we'll never know I suppose.  

More believable if Ivory hadn't played so well when he was given the ball that day.

18 hours ago, NoBowles said:

The two of you have really made this board unreadable.

Blame Idzik.

It's s lot simpler.

They convinced Woody that his way of building a team doesn't work.

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Ivory was not injured

Blame Idzik.

Yeah cuz 2 years of bad draft picks and signings had nothing to do with it

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

More believable if Ivory hadn't played so well when he was given the ball that day.

My memory of it is not all that sharp so I'll take your word for it.  All the more inexplicable now!  Bowles, geesh!

The ten win season was fun - Jets went all in on a draw and lost, rinse repeat 

Blame Idzik.

It's actually Woodys fault, because Idzik never should have been hired, he was not competent. Only reason he was is because our asshat moron owner insisted on keeping the loud mouth fatass loser HC on when hiring a GM. 

Even with that, if Idzik drafted Bridgewater, Garrapolo or Carr, we have a very different outlook on the Jets future right now, but he didn't, cause Geno....

But I don't expect to have rational discussions with you guys, it's pretty pointless. 

The good news is you and @dbatesman are getting mad reps with all the reps you give each other each time one of you farts into your fist and sticks it in the boards face....

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It's s lot simpler.

They convinced Woody that his way of building a team doesn't work.

Exactly

11 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

It's actually Woodys fault, because Idzik never should have been hired, he was not competent. Only reason he was is because our asshat moron owner insisted on keeping the loud mouth fatass loser HC on when hiring a GM. 

Even with that, if Idzik drafted Bridgewater, Garrapolo or Carr, we have a very different outlook on the Jets future right now, but he didn't, cause Geno....

But I don't expect to have rational discussions with you guys, it's pretty pointless. 

The good news is you and @dbatesman are getting mad reps with all the reps you give each other each time one of you farts into your fist and sticks it in the boards face....

Me and dbates--and this is no exaggeration--we live for the reps.