Panthers GM Gettleman Fired

C Mart

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Hire him as the football czar.  Bowles and McCags report to him. He reports to Woody - and by report to Woody, I mean he shoots woody an email once every 4 weeks with a one paragraph status update on how things are at Florham Park. Maybe something like this. 

Hi Woody,

Things here are good, we had bagels on Friday.  I let the admin staff leave at 4pn because traffic was bad and they have been very productive since you left.  Coach Bowels was let go 2 weeks ago and I replaced him with one of the flight crew girls who blew me in the press box.  I hope you are doing well in the UK.  Don't call here, we have your cell phone blocked. I hope you choke on a spotted dick.

Toodles,

Davey G.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Uhh..Beane is the GM of the Bills.

Wow....   I had no idea.   It's an amazing story.   The kid was raised in the middle of a small town in NC.   HIs sister and I worked  at  a large CPA firm where he did intern work.

WOW.....    no wonder I haven't seen him around.  

So they fire a guy who DID NOT want to extend a 34 yo OLB and a 32 yo TE who already re-did his deal two years ago. 

Gettleman made the tough decisions to keep the Panthers from Cap hell (i.e., NOT resigning old vets to new deals, not being extorted Revis-ed to overpay for a CB in Norman, etc.) and drafted rather well IMHO, despite what others here think. 

He traded Pro Bowl linebacker Jon Beason to the Giants in 2013, then cut wideout Steve Smith, the franchise’s all-time leading receiver, before the 2014 season. Gettleman cut running back DeAngelo Williams, the team’s all-time leading rusher, a year later, then rescinded Josh Norman’s franchise-tag contract for the 2016, which would have paid the All-Pro cornerback $13.952 million. 

While Gettleman was in charge of the roster for three consecutive playoff berths in 2013-15, the most successful three-year stretch in franchise history, his blunt management style and those personnel moves created a divide between players and the front office, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Late nights with Dave Gettleman prepared Brandon Beane for ‘good landing spot’ in Buffalo

Late nights with Dave Gettleman prepared Brandon Beane for ‘good landing spot’ in Buffalo

If Woody Johnson has 1/2 brain, he'd hire this guy to join the Front Office staff. He made the hard decisions of knowing WHEN to let go aging vets who were NOT worth their self-appointed price tags. Better to cut a year early than being locked into a contract and the veteran player can no longer produce (see Faneca, Revis, Curtis Martin contract, Marvin Jones extension etc.)

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

So they fire a guy who DID NOT want to extend a 34 yo OLB and a 32 yo TE who already re-did his deal two years ago. 

Gettleman made the tough decisions to keep the Panthers from Cap hell (i.e., NOT resigning old vets to new deals, not being extorted Revis-ed to overpay for a CB in Norman, etc.) and drafted rather well IMHO, despite what others here think. 

He traded Pro Bowl linebacker Jon Beason to the Giants in 2013, then cut wideout Steve Smith, the franchise’s all-time leading receiver, before the 2014 season. Gettleman cut running back DeAngelo Williams, the team’s all-time leading rusher, a year later, then rescinded Josh Norman’s franchise-tag contract for the 2016, which would have paid the All-Pro cornerback $13.952 million. 

While Gettleman was in charge of the roster for three consecutive playoff berths in 2013-15, the most successful three-year stretch in franchise history, his blunt management style and those personnel moves created a divide between players and the front office, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

If Woody Johnson has 1/2 brain, he'd hire this guy to join the Front Office staff. 

He's done nothing but watch Cam Newton drag his horrible rosters to whatever he can manage.  Oh, and the players f*cking hate him.  Want no part of the guy that drafted Devin Funchess in the 2nd and a RB 8th overall.

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's done nothing but watch Cam Newton drag his horrible rosters to whatever he can manage.  Oh, and the players f*cking hate him.  Want no part of the guy that drafted Devin Funchess in the first and a RB 8th overall.

I find it comical that his "horrible rosters" have yielded EXCELLENT defensive players that are All Pros and one of the more formidable in the league and the last few years he focused on drafting offensive players: WRs (Benjamin, Funchess who was a  2nd ROUND pick, NOT a 1st rounder) and RBs (Barner, Gaffney, Artis-PAyne) to HELP the QB who apparently was carrying the team all by himself.

The only players that "hate him" are the ones he cut because he didn't acquiesce to THEIR contract demands. 

He may not be the most "kind" GM, but all he did was cut aging vets who wanted MORE than they were WORTH and were bitter: Smith, Williams, Beason, etc. He made the necessary decisions an executive HAS to make. The players hate him because he did his job and didn't get sentimental about it like some pu$$y millennial or how I was over David Harris a month ago. He makes practical football decisions in an objective manner that won't OVERPAY for aging talent. 

HIRE THIS MAN WOODY. Gentleman will help GET the job done. 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No. The pick (Newton) that was made before he got there dragged the lifeless corpse of a sh*t roster Gettleman put together by having an insane MVP season.  Then the team got worse because of Gettleman's stupid decisions and Newton couldn't replicate the ridiculous year he had before and the roster was exposed.  He's garbage.  

59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's done nothing but watch Cam Newton drag his horrible rosters to whatever he can manage.  Oh, and the players f*cking hate him.  Want no part of the guy that drafted Devin Funchess in the first and a RB 8th overall.

This is a sickness.

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is a sickness.

I'd think that wanting to replace a GM you think is sh*tty with another sh*tty GM is more of a sickness, but that's just me.

Wanna make an argument for Dorsey?  Fine.  I love that guy.  Gettleman?  He sucks big fat donkey d*ck.

47 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I find it comical that his "horrible rosters" have yielded EXCELLENT defensive players that are All Pros and one of the more formidable in the league and the last few years he focused on drafting offensive players: WRs (Benjamin, Funchess who was a  2nd ROUND pick, NOT a 1st rounder) and RBs (Barner, Gaffney, Artis-PAyne) to HELP the QB who apparently was carrying the team all by himself.

The only players that "hate him" are the ones he cut because he didn't acquiesce to THEIR contract demands. 

He may not be the most "kind" GM, but all he did was cut aging vets who wanted MORE than they were WORTH and were bitter: Smith, Williams, Beason, etc. He made the necessary decisions an executive HAS to make. The players hate him because he did his job and didn't get sentimental about it like some pu$$y millennial or how I was over David Harris a month ago. He makes practical football decisions in an objective manner that won't OVERPAY for aging talent. 

HIRE THIS MAN WOODY. Gentleman will help GET the job done. 

So he reached on two WRs who, outside of Benjamin's one solid year, haven't lived up to expectations (you were right about Funchess, thought he was a 1st), and 3RBs who couldn't get the job done as a committee, let alone as feature backs, so he had to draft one 8th overall and all of a sudden that's "helping"???  Helping only works if the guys you draft are, you know, good.

Btw, letting loyal and talented players who can still produce (Norman, Williams, Smith) walk while pissing off current guys (Olsen) is kind of a really bad f*cking look for a GM.  He handled the Norman situation as bad as anyone handled anything in the last decade.

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'd think that wanting to replace a GM you think is sh*tty with another sh*tty GM is more of a sickness but that's just me.

He built a 15-1 team that went to the Super Bowl. If you think this conversation needs to continue beyond that, you are in legitimate need of professional help.

He also drafted Funchess in the 2nd, not the 1st, which is notable only in that you of all people making "spent a 2 on a sh*tty Big Ten receiver" a criterion for terrible GMing is an absolute ******* lollercoaster. 

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So he reached on two WRs who, outside of Benjamin's one solid year, haven't lived up to expectations (you were right about Funchess, thought he was a 1st), and 3RBs who couldn't get the job done as a committee, let alone as feature backs, so he had to draft one 8th overall and all of a sudden that's "helping"???  Helping only works if the guys you draft are, you know, good.

Btw, letting loyal and talented players who can still produce (Norman, Williams, Smith) walk while pissing off current guys (Olsen) is kind of a really bad f*cking look for a GM.  He handled the Norman situation as bad as anyone handled anything in the last decade.

Come on man, don't be so dense - you're better than that. I love how you critique his offensive player picks and completely neglect the DINGERS! he hit on his defensive selections. 

Gettleman was building a STACKED defense - Keuchly, Star Lotuleile, Kawaan Short, Norman, Aj Klein, Kony Ealy (SB record sacks holder and traded to NE instead of signing to a LT extension), CB Benwikere, OLB Shaq Thompson (Dave Thomas' replacement, thus axing Thomas vet $$ extension), Vernon Butler who i LOVED last year. The guy has had SOLID drafts - Velveeta Gold! compared to our Jets' draft history for juxtaposition - and built a SB contender with a good Cap situation when he inherited HELL from Hurney. Rivera wasn't complaining, I'm sure. 

He KNEW he had the Franchise QB, let the Superman carry the load for a while while I cater to the HC's specialty of defense - and he did. Unlike our GMs, Gentleman still selected Brandon Marshall-esque WRs (Funchess & Benji) and OL and RBs in the later rounds to compliment Newton. Again, if you have a Franchise QB: He can and WILL carry the load while you build the REST of the team around him and a defense. The planned worked and they were in the Super Bowl with in 4 years. 

His strength is the typical fan weakness (myself included every now & then) and what Jerry Richardson let ruin his sound judgement in deciding to fire Gettleman: SENTIMENTALITY OVER FISCAL PRUDENCE. We've suffered from that for YEARS here w/the Jets and finally have decided to cut the fat. Gettleman should join the Jets front office. I never said as GM, but he should be a material voice in that organizational chart. 

SIGN GETTLEMAN to our Head of Scouting YESTERDAY!!!!!!

as someone who lives in Charlotte I watched this guy build this team. He did a great job as he inherited a mess. He made tough decisions on veterans much the same way the Patriots do. Get rid of them a bit early rather than late. In my 45 years plus of being a Jet fan I have not seen the Jets have a better GM. OTOH the Giants passed him over as well for their job....

59 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He built a 15-1 team that went to the Super Bowl. If you think this conversation needs to continue beyond that, you are in legitimate need of professional help.

He also drafted Funchess in the 2nd, not the 1st, which is notable only in that you of all people making "spent a 2 on a sh*tty Big Ten receiver" a criterion for terrible GMing is an absolute ******* lollercoaster. 

Tannenbaum built a roster that went to back to back AFC championship games.  Trent Baalke built a roster that went to the Super Bowl.  Where are those guys now?  Talk about a stupid f*cking argument.  By all means, keep talking about "lollercoasters".

Unlike you, I don't give a flying f*ck about the conference the player came from so you can quit fetishising it like it makes a god damn difference.  Players come from big programs and small.  Conference measn sh*t.  

I admitted to being wrong about Funchess is draft position, but like a fly to sh*t you somehow had to bring up Devin Smith like it meant a damn thing.  Funchess was overdrafted, has completely underperformed, was a bad pick, and your only rebuttal is to bring up Devin Smith?  He has nothing to f*cking do with another guy being over drafted.  

Gettleman's handling of the Norman situation was "the Broncos forgot to fax papers on Dumervil" levels of stupid, and long-time players of the franchise f*cking hate the guy.  Their secondary sucks (thanks to him), their d-line is good, and their offense can't seem to put it together with their.  Sound familiar?

You don't fire a sh*tty GM to hire another sh*tty GM.

BOY GOLLY GUYS LETS BRING THIS GUY IN TO BE THE LEADER OF OUR ORGANIZATION:

NFL

FORMER PANTHERS LB JON BEASON SAYS DAVE GETTLEMAN ACCUSED HIM OF FAKING INJURY

Jon-Beason-071717-USNews-Getty-FTR

Before the Panthers had Luke Kuechly roaming the middle of their defense, Jon Beason was the defensive leader. 

Beason went to three Pro Bowls with the Panthers, who selected him in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. After his third straight Pro Bowl season in 2010, a September Achilles injury cost Beason all but one game of the 2011 season.

Speaking Monday following the surprising firing of Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman, Beason said Gettleman questioned whether the former linebacker was even injured.

Beason told Charlotte radio station WFNZ Gettleman said there was nothing wrong with his leg and he would play regardless. Despite Gettleman's doubts, Beason did not play the rest of 2011.

Gettleman's firing was celebrated by former Panthers DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith and Josh Norman, who were all unceremoniously shown the door in Carolina by Gettleman. Beason said he was shocked by Gettleman's firing, but does not hold any ill will. 

"I moved on and wished the team well," he told WFNZ. "I was happy for the players to go to the Super Bowl."

Beason's injury led the Panthers to select Kuechly in the first round of the 2012 draft and he was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year as Beason lost his starting job to Chase Blackburn. Beason was traded to the Giants in 2013 and said Gettleman's firing sort of brings everything "full circle."

"The way that the trade went down between the Giants and the Panthers when I moved on from the Carolina Panthers, it was done in a way that wasn't classy," Beason told CBS Sports. "I didn't want to be the disgruntled player who's saying this, saying that because he was traded. But at the end of the day, you're a first-round pick, you played extremely well for an organization, you're one of the key guys on the team, a new GM comes in and doesn't even give you a handshake on your way out the door.

Beason said there was a disconnect between Gettleman and Panthers coach Ron Rivera, so Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, whom Beason called "Big Cat," stepped in. Beason said the disconnect was with how Gettleman treated players and he and Richardson did not have a great relationship.

"Knowing Big Cat, Jerry Richardson, the owner of the Panthers, he's a guy who will not be dictated to at all," said Beason, who played in just 21 games over three seasons for the Giants before retiring following the 2015 season. "He's very fair. I know that when it comes to being general manager, he wants those guys to just go do their thing. But when he has to step in, at some point, there has to be a level of respect there on both parties. And it can't be, "Hey listen, I'm the GM. I'm running it this way. If you don't like it, let me go.'

"There's guys that are on that team, in that locker room, that basically felt like this is who Gettleman was and he was almost on this ego trip."

Lolololololol but I'm in need of legitimate help.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So he didn't draft well, let his star players go,  ever surrounded Cam with better players and the team, ownership etc hate him

This is all it takes for a jets fanbase to covet him as a replacement for a better GM, to become head of football operations or to be called another smart guy in the room who should somehow be in anyone's ring of honor.

You can't make this shlt up.  

VERY well said.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So he didn't draft well, let his star players go,  ever surrounded Cam with better players and the team, ownership etc hate him

This is all it takes for a jets fanbase to covet him as a replacement for a better GM, to become head of football operations or to be called another smart guy in the room who should somehow be in anyone's ring of honor.

You can't make this shlt up.  

BUT...BUT...BUT...BUT WE HAVE TO HIRE HIM NOW!!!1!1!!!!!!11!1!!!  

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Tannenbaum built a roster that went to back to back AFC championship games.  Trent Baalke built a roster that went to the Super Bowl.  Where are those guys now?  Talk about a stupid f*cking argument.  By all means, keep talking about "lollercoasters".

Unlike you, I don't give a flying f*ck about the conference the player came from so you can quit fetishising it like it makes a god damn difference.  I admitted to being wrong about Funchess is draft position, but like a fly to sh*t you somehow had to bring up Devin Smith like it meant a damn thing.  Funchess was overdrafted, has completely underperformed, was a bad pick, and your only rebuttal is to bring up Devin Smith?  He has nothing to f*cking do with another guy being over drafted.  

Gettleman's handling of the Norman situation was "the Broncos forgot to fax papers on Dumervil" levels of stupid, and long-time players of the franchise f*cking hate the guy.  Their secondary sucks (thanks to him), their d-line is good, and their offense can't seem to put it together with their.  Sound familiar?

You don't fire a sh*tty GM to hire another sh*tty GM.

Are we arguing over where a 25 reception, sub 500 yard scrub WR was drafted?  As if the 2nd was a good spot for him to be taken?  He's the kind of POS WR everyone lines up at the 3 or 4 spot every week. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Ohhhhhhh even more fun, a little research shows that the Panthers did that while having far away the easiest schedule in the league that year. Yes, easier than even *gasp* US.  Weird.  According to the bukkake level circle-jerk around here, that 15-1 season is basically null and void. ??????Screenshot_20170717-231157.png

51 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Come on man, don't be so dense - you're better than that. I love how you critique his offensive player picks and completely neglect the DINGERS! he hit on his defensive selections. 

Gettleman was building a STACKED defense - Keuchly, Star Lotuleile, Kawaan Short, Norman, Aj Klein, Kony Ealy (SB record sacks holder and traded to NE instead of signing to a LT extension), CB Benwikere, OLB Shaq Thompson (Dave Thomas' replacement, thus axing Thomas vet $$ extension), Vernon Butler who i LOVED last year. The guy has had SOLID drafts - Velveeta Gold! compared to our Jets' draft history for juxtaposition - and built a SB contender with a good Cap situation when he inherited HELL from Hurney. Rivera wasn't complaining, I'm sure. 

He KNEW he had the Franchise QB, let the Superman carry the load for a while while I cater to the HC's specialty of defense - and he did. Unlike our GMs, Gentleman still selected Brandon Marshall-esque WRs (Funchess & Benji) and OL and RBs in the later rounds to compliment Newton. Again, if you have a Franchise QB: He can and WILL carry the load while you build the REST of the team around him and a defense. The planned worked and they were in the Super Bowl with in 4 years. 

His strength is the typical fan weakness (myself included every now & then) and what Jerry Richardson let ruin his sound judgement in deciding to fire Gettleman: SENTIMENTALITY OVER FISCAL PRUDENCE. We've suffered from that for YEARS here w/the Jets and finally have decided to cut the fat. Gettleman should join the Jets front office. I never said as GM, but he should be a material voice in that organizational chart. 

SIGN GETTLEMAN to our Head of Scouting YESTERDAY!!!!!!

Keuckly &  Norman came before he was hired.  The WRs, outside of Benjamin's one year are useless. 

Find it funny that his drafts and refusal to keep players have sunk a 17-1 team to the point that we're praising him.  While we kill our GM who had the misfortune of running a team in his first season that played over its head.

So weird. Gettleman does good with easy schedule and franchise QB, then does bad with hard schedule....didn't deserve to be fired...Should immediately be sucked off by Woody and offered a job.

Mac, with an easy schedule and decent, not franchise QB play, does well...but one bad year with human feces at QB and a hard schedule deserves to be burned alive at the stake like a witch.  

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Guys, you know what's real good GM'ing?  Taking a gigantic & vital piece to your super bowl run, pissing him off, and letting him walk for absolutely nothing despite having the ability to control and trade him for at least 2 more years.  Anyone who is against that type of brilliance coming to the Jets is in legitimate need of help.

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Keuckly &  Norman came before he was hired.  The WRs, outside of Benjamin's one year are useless. 

Find it funny that his drafts and refusal to keep players have sunk a 17-1 team to the point that we're praising him.  While we kill our GM who had the misfortune of running a team in his first season that played over its head.

I stand corrected on the 2012 draft that someone posted earlier as his. It's a bit early to pass judgement on those 2 WRs who are entering their 3rd year of play in the NFL (Benjamin lost an entire year). 

My point remains in that he was building a defense and selected player to compliment the QB on offense. He's a DAMN GOOD GM and he draws a HARD LINE when it comes to extending aging vets. 

So he's not a people person, doesn't' mean he can not be of service to a front office that is still acquiring experience and growing under a new culture in the organization. Jets should hire him, you're subjective opinion be damned. 

13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I stand corrected on the 2012 draft that someone posted earlier as his. It's a bit early to pass judgement on those 2 WRs who are entering their 3rd year of play in the NFL (Benjamin lost an entire year). 

My point remains in that he was building a defense and selected player to compliment the QB on offense. He's a DAMN GOOD GM and he draws a HARD LINE when it comes to extending aging vets. 

So he's not a people person, doesn't' mean he can not be of service to a front office that is still acquiring experience and growing under a new culture in the organization. Jets should hire him, you're subjective option be damned. 

All these players to compliment the offense, yet the offense around Cam is the big problem. Weird.

Oh and FYI, of you aren't a people person, and your players can't stand you, and don't want to play for you, you aren't a "DAMN GOOD GM."

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ohhhhhhh even more fun, a little research shows that the Panthers did that while having far away the easiest schedule in the league that year. Yes, easier than even *gasp* US.  Weird.  According to the bukkake level circle-jerk around here, that 15-1 season is basically null and void. ??????

Way to be mature and maintain some decency in a valid debate on Gentlemen's merits; why do people here have to mention their homo-erotic fantasies as metaphors on this board all the time? Pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Way to be mature and maintain some decency in a valid debate on Gentlemen's merits; why do people here have to mention their homo-erotic fantasies as metaphors on this board all the time? Pathetic. 

I see. So instead of focusing on the fact that i pointed out the fact that there is an overwhelming and blatant circle-jerk on this forum that drives just about any decent discussion into the same people trolling the forum and derailing any conversation, you completely miss my point and fixate on the fact I used a word synonymous with "cum bath" metaphorically.

Pathetic.

16 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So he's not a people person, doesn't' mean he can not be of service to a front office that is still acquiring experience and growing under a new culture in the organization. Jets should hire him, you're subjective opinion be damned. 

Yeh, that chart was confusing on page 1, he took over in 2013.  Still, I see no evidence of him being a damn good GM.

Unfortunately for him, being able to deal with people, especially your best players and the people who sign your checks, is a big part of the job.  It's not the pre 80s NFL.  

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No. The pick (Newton) that was made before he got there dragged the lifeless corpse of a sh*t roster Gettleman put together by having an insane MVP season.  Then the team got worse because of Gettleman's stupid decisions and Newton couldn't replicate the ridiculous year he had before and the roster was exposed.  He's garbage.  

Listen to yourself. Read aloud what you just typed and realize how asinine it is. 

We simply disagree. I am not advocating for Gettleman to be the new Jets GM, but I do think he would be a benefit to the Front Office of the Jets in some capacity. Your apparent personal grudge against him has clouded the ability to further discuss this with you during your repetitive tantrum rant that the players (old bitter vets he cut) hated him. So continue dreaming of pole smoking as prose and agree to disagree. Sheesh. 

20 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Man, you have to admit, there is a high number of jerkoffs on this and all Jet boards who take far to much pleasure in shltting on their team, management, coaches, owner etc.  Have no idea when this nonsense started. It it's replaced the normal fandom you get everywhere else.  It's more an accurate statement than a homo-erotic fantasy. 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Listen to yourself. Read aloud what you just typed and realize how asinine it is. 

We simply disagree. I am not advocating for Gettleman to be the new Jets GM, but I do think he would be a benefit to the Front Office of the Jets in some capacity. Your apparent personal grudge against him has clouded the ability to further discuss this with you during your repetitive tantrum rant that the players (old bitter vets he cut) hated him. So continue dreaming of pole smoking as prose and agree to disagree. Sheesh. 

We "simply disagree", I state my reasons as to why I think he's garbage, never attacking you at any point, and you get so butthurt about it that you act like I attacked a family member and decide to tell me to keep "dreaming of smoking pole"?  Personal grudge?  What the f*ck are you talking about?  For the record, Greg Olsen, their best offensive player reportedly didn't like him either. My guess is that this isn't the "old grumpy guys" situation you're making it out to be.  Then again, who knows what the f*ck you're talking about anyway.

How about instead of agreeing to disagree, I also return the favor and tell you go f*ck yourself since you wanted to take this to a different level simply over my differing opinion?

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeh, that chart was confusing on page 1, he took over in 2013.  Still, I see no evidence of him being a damn good GM.

Unfortunately for him, being able to deal with people, especially your best players and the people who sign your checks, is a big part of the job.  It's not the pre 80s NFL.  

Im reminded of the book "IACOCCA". Lee Iacocca said when he reviews people for management if there is any inkling that they are rock solid technically but have the "rough with people" persona he never promotes them.   He stated that at some level all business is social as we sell, buy and deal with people.

17 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Apparently he's not the most well liked which tells me he does his job objectively. SIGN HIM UP to our Front OFFICE and don't let him interact with players or their agents - he'd be invaluable resource for the draft process and gaging player value and when to walk away. 

Gettleman was hired the same year as Idzik in 2013 and also inherited a defensive minded HC and had gone 40-23-1 w/a NFC Championship and a SB appearance. 

I want a GM who can actually evaluate talent and make decisions not another dud like Idzikiot or Wackaganan

Sign me up for this guy or Dorsey in January

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im reminded of the book "IACOCCA". Lee Iacocca said when he reviews people for management if there is any inkling that they are rock solid technically but have the "rough with people" persona he never promotes them.   He stated that at some level all business is social as we sell, buy and deal with people.

Steve Jobs says what up

34 minutes ago, thadude said:

Steve Jobs says what up

in the end , I wonder how many close friends he had.  I admire him as a great innovator, the Thomas Edison of our generation yet he denied his child for many years, split with all significant business partners and possibly died a lonely man.  Yet... heavy is the head that wears the crown. 

Archived