Christian Hackenberg, the future nobody is talking about

Maxman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well people are talking about him, but not in the context of him being the future. A good long positive future for Christian and the NY Jets.

That's what this thread is about.

With all of the other virtues the 2017 New York Jets have piling up ... this thread holds as much chance of being truly visionary as any we will see this fall ....

but if I were betting any cabbage on it ... here's Chrissy in 2020

Image result for car salesman

Okay. But please remember this. Like seriously don't forget it. Because it is important.

The Jets will not select a QB in the 1st round of the 2018 NFL draft. Because Christian Hackenberg will be the 2018 opening day starter for the Jets.

It is right there. All you have to do is see it.

Let me know when you all see it.

Christian Hackenberg, and the 2018 NY Jets are the next 2001 NE Patriots after Donte Hightower dismembers Josh McCown in week 6 leading the 2-4 Jets to a 8-2 finish, and Jets go into Foxboro during a snow storm beating the Pats in the AFCCG ending the Brady Beli run the way it started.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay. But please remember this. Like seriously don't forget it. Because it is important.

The Jets will not select a QB in the 1st round of the 2018 NFL draft. Because Christian Hackenberg will be the 2018 opening day starter for the Jets.

Goofy-with-Diamond-Eyes-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-6497076-575-360.jpg

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

I think I see it....

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I'm all in. Here is what I think: the Jets media wanted to bash Hack so bad at the end of OTAs and the fact that they actually wrote positive things about him means that he played REALLY well. And no one, even the basher Connor Hughes mentioned his footwork. People completely ignore how elite his skillset is, and want to completely dismiss him for perceived struggles at Penn State. I already created the bandwagon bus for Hack. Hop on

Heh. That's bold Forum Owner Guy, very bold.

His success is the ideal scenario for the Jets obviously, and it would be nice to see him have a season where he at the very least shows the game isn't too fast for him and any lapses of inaccuracy are being corrected with time.

I can't jump on any bandwagon until I have the faintest hint that that's the scenario we're dealing with. For now its hard to dissuade the "he's not an NFL QB" perception, there's almost no evidence to the contrary.

Wish there was though. We can dream.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets don't take a QB in rd. 1, it better be because Hack just got them a Lombardi.

If the Jets don't take a QB in rd. 1, it better be because Hack just got them a Lombardi.

If Hack does so he better get MVP and best offensive player with the supporting offense he has. I think a .500 season with a lot of it having to do with Hacks play and not just being a game manager would suit me.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I see a young QB with all the intangibles you look for in a franchise QB: strong arm, prototypical size, football smarts, that has some serious flaws in his footwork, as a result he's inconsistent and some of his passes are downright ugly.  I also see a team who took a flier on him in the second round hoping they can work out some of those issues and find the QB they've been looking for.  I see a media who's had a field day trashing the Jets for years that have been right in their trashing, or perhaps their trashing led to a self fulfilling prophesy for the Jets and they became what their image said they were.  I see a fan base that has been waiting too many years for a championship and has begun to believe the Jets are cursed, and realize if they want to be able to say I told you so they're better off siding with the media.

Now I see a young man who has been beaten down by everyone and who everyone expects will be replaced in a year, continue to work hard and get better and learn from his mistakes.  By the end of next season the Jets and fans and maybe even the media see a light at the end of the tunnel after a 6 and 10 season.  The Jets still draft a QB, but Hack beats everyone out in training camp next year and becomes the Jets default starter going forward.

I sincerely hope you guys are right. I want Hack to succeed and play well. We all want him too deep down. Even the guys who doubt him will come around if he does and it won't be jumping on the bandwagon either. As much as its belittled being skeptical is only natural considering the path that this franchise has been on the past decade or so. Optimism is all well and good but I want to see it on the field. Hack is in a tough spot. If he can succeed with all the crap thrown at him so far he could be the answer this team has looked for for a long time. I hope he can. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

I would never discount any possibility in the NFL. If Hack is actually decent, then its a moot point anyway. We would win too many games to land one of the top QB's, even with only 4 or 5 wins.

Maxman, the voice of reason, thank you sir. Now I am in no way guaranteeing that Hack is a definite starting QB in the NFL, but what I am saying is who the "Hack" knows for sure? The answer is nobody. We have to see how it all plays out and how he does in real game prep and play, if Bowltite lets him that is. I just do not understand how everyone has written him off based upon his College career, and a few wrong routes run by WR's in OTA's. The guy has it all, size, arm, football smarts (See Gruden QB Show), all the necessities to excel as an NFL QB. You know, "football smarts and instincts" cannot be taught, they are genetic, footwork however, can be corrected - with proper coaching that is. Now, do we have proper coaching for him? Last year definitely not, this year, I am not so sure. As long as Bowltite is still the HC, I will continue to question everything they do regardless of new QB coach and new OC. In any event I am so looking forward to seeing the young guys go out and play for the sake of sticking in the NFL instead of playing only for a paycheck. Even if we go 0-16, it will be a lot more refreshing and exciting to watch then seeing Darelle Beavis's back chasing WR's into our EZ, as well as knowing the rest of the veterans will give up in week 5, and just show up to wear the uniform and collect their money for the rest of the season.

Need some branding on this new theme here.... After all we had a whole Chuck Norris type thing on Kellen Clemens as I recall.  I will get the ball rolling.

Hack Attack....

Christianity...

Iceberg...  (obscure)

we-are-going-streaking.jpg

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well people are talking about him, but not in the context of him being the future. A good long positive future for Christian and the NY Jets.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

You're scaring me.  Should we be concerned?  

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Need some branding on this new theme here.... After all we had a whole Chuck Norris type thing on Kellen Clemens as I recall.  I will get the ball rolling.

Hack Attack....

Christianity...

Iceberg...  (obscure)

Hack-una Ma-touchdown!!!

lion-king-animated-gif-7.gif

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You're scaring me.  Should we be concerned?  

Be afraid. Be very afraid.  For the Jets old passing records. Because they are all going to be broken by Hack soon.

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Christian Hackenberg, and the 2018 NY Jets are the next 2001 NE Patriots after Donte Hightower dismembers Josh McCown in week 6 leading the 2-4 Jets to a 8-2 finish, and Jets go into Foxboro during a snow storm beating the Pats in the AFCCG ending the Brady Beli run the way it started.

The Jets will do it without cheating though.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Hack Attack....

Christianity...

Iceberg...  (obscure)

Hack and Sack

Hack upalung

Oh wait...we were going for positive?

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Came expecting a well-crafted and insightful argument supporting the thread title.

Left disappointed.

Its a nice thought tho...

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Conversations with Lucifer have no place on this forum.

Good to see some positive vibs for Hack and then there are the same ol' groomers and doomers. I can't conceive how so many who have not even seen this guy in an NFL game say he sucks. Go smoke a doob or get laid or both and come back with some positive jive.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I've bashed my head into a steel pole several times now and I don't see it. How many more times do I have to do this before I can see it too?

12 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've bashed my head into a steel pole several times now and I don't see it. How many more times do I have to do this before I can see it too?

Keep bashing it, it took almost 4 years before the Cowboys allowed Tony Romo to take a snap in a regular season game, and they had world beaters like Drew Henson, Quincy Carter, over the hill Vinny T, and Drew Bledsoe as their QB's those years not exactly Brett Favre keeping Rodgers on the bench situation.

57 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Good to see some positive vibs for Hack and then there are the same ol' groomers and doomers. I can't conceive how so many who have not even seen this guy in an NFL game say he sucks. Go smoke a doob or get laid or both and come back with some positive jive.

right.  let's see what hack can do.  how the heck did geno lead the jets to 8-8 or even 4-12?  and fitz led them to 10-6 and then 5-11.  it's not all doom and gloom.  this team comes out hot and starts lerning how to win and it could be a really nice season.

Archived