Linkin Park's Chester Bennington commits suicide

AFJF

Awful.  

Meteora was amazing and loved them live.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4715568/Linkin-Park-singer-Chester-Bennington-commits-suicide.html

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteroa," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

RIP

12 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Chris Cornell would of turned 53 today.  Him and Chester had developed a friendship over the years.  Saw LP live one and they were excellent.  Sad, RIP.

Just saw that it was Cornell's birthday.  Crazy.

Saw Linkin' Park live twice and they were incredible.

Been listening to LP since I heard One Step Closer. Still remember picking up Hybrid Theory. One of the best concerts I have been too was Linkin Park with Chris Cornell opening up for them in 2008. Still remember Chester and Chris belting out Hunger Strike together on stage. Amazing talent. Crazy they are both gone now. RIP

While I was far from a fan of this band, in fact, they make my skin crawl...this story is getting sadder and sadder by the minute.

RIP - what a shame

Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband

21c27040-b618-11e6-8cba-2decc7b2a21f_IBT Suman Varandani,International Business Times 9 hours ago 

UPDATE: 1:12 am EDT –  Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Ann Bentley took to Twitter once again early Friday, moments after deleting her tweets in which she confessed to cheating on her husband with bandmate Mike Shinoda.

In the latest tweet, Talinda said she “encouraged him to kill himself I told him no one cared.”

Original Story:

In a shocking turn events in the apparent suicide of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, his wife Talinda Ann Bentley confessed on Twitter that she was cheating on her husband with band member Mike Shinoda. 

"I guess this is the time to say it but I have been cheating on Chester with Mike Shinoda....," Talinda wrote. "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say," she said in another tweet. However, the tweets were immediately taken down.

Read: Who Is Talinda Ann Bentley?

It is unclear whether Bentley's messages were an emotional outburst or if her Twitter account was hacked.

Screenshot Screenshot of Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Bentley's now-deleted tweets. Photo: Twitter screenshot

Bennington's wife not only revealed that she was cheating on her 41-year-old husband but also fuelled rumors about his untimely death. “He didn’t kill himself, he was already did [sic] before he hung himself, I have proof..,” she wrote.

Bennington hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, California, where his body was found. He is survived by his six children, Jaime, with former girlfriend Elka Brand, adopted son Isaiah, son Draven with first wife Samantha Marie Olit, and children Tyler Lee and twins Lily and Lila with his second wife, Talinda.

Mike Shinoda, an original founder of the band in 1996, is married to author Anna Hillinger since 2003 and the couple have two children together. The 40-year-old had earlier paid tribute to the late singer, saying he was "shocked and heartbroken" by Bennington's death.

Shinoda produced and co-wrote much of Linkin Park’s music and was also part of the band's latest album, “One More Light,” which was released May 19. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Shinoda has not yet responded to Talinda's tweets or about the alleged cheating.

Talinda's now-deleted tweets early Friday were the first time she spoke out following the death of her husband, who had been fighting drug and alcohol abuse. While the tweets did raise some eyebrows, it is unclear if there was any conspiracy behind his death.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, JiF said:

While I was far from a fan of this band, in fact, they make my skin crawl...this story is getting sadder and sadder by the minute.

RIP - what a shame

21c27040-b618-11e6-8cba-2decc7b2a21f_IBT Suman Varandani,International Business Times 9 hours ago 

UPDATE: 1:12 am EDT –  Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Ann Bentley took to Twitter once again early Friday, moments after deleting her tweets in which she confessed to cheating on her husband with bandmate Mike Shinoda.

In the latest tweet, Talinda said she “encouraged him to kill himself I told him no one cared.”

Original Story:

In a shocking turn events in the apparent suicide of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, his wife Talinda Ann Bentley confessed on Twitter that she was cheating on her husband with band member Mike Shinoda. 

"I guess this is the time to say it but I have been cheating on Chester with Mike Shinoda....," Talinda wrote. "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say," she said in another tweet. However, the tweets were immediately taken down.

It is unclear whether Bentley's messages were an emotional outburst or if her Twitter account was hacked.

Screenshot Screenshot of Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Bentley's now-deleted tweets. Photo: Twitter screenshot

Bennington's wife not only revealed that she was cheating on her 41-year-old husband but also fuelled rumors about his untimely death. “He didn’t kill himself, he was already did [sic] before he hung himself, I have proof..,” she wrote.

Bennington hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, California, where his body was found. He is survived by his six children, Jaime, with former girlfriend Elka Brand, adopted son Isaiah, son Draven with first wife Samantha Marie Olit, and children Tyler Lee and twins Lily and Lila with his second wife, Talinda.

Mike Shinoda, an original founder of the band in 1996, is married to author Anna Hillinger since 2003 and the couple have two children together. The 40-year-old had earlier paid tribute to the late singer, saying he was "shocked and heartbroken" by Bennington's death.

Shinoda produced and co-wrote much of Linkin Park’s music and was also part of the band's latest album, “One More Light,” which was released May 19. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Shinoda has not yet responded to Talinda's tweets or about the alleged cheating.

Talinda's now-deleted tweets early Friday were the first time she spoke out following the death of her husband, who had been fighting drug and alcohol abuse. While the tweets did raise some eyebrows, it is unclear if there was any conspiracy behind his death.

Good heavens. Never a fan of them as well but that's sad as shit. 

On 21/07/2017 at 3:12 PM, JiF said:

RIP - what a shame

Original Story:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chester-bennington-dead-wife-talinda-bennington-hack-a7852536.html

Hours after news broke that Chester Bennington had died, Hackers targeted the Twitter feed of Talinda Bennington, the Linkin Park singer’s widow. 

Seven messages were posted from the account, each making accusations that Talinda only “married for the money” and was having an affair with Linkin Park band member Mike Shinoda.

Soon after being poster, the messages were removed, but only after dozens of fans took screen shots and retweeted them hundreds of times.

Twitter Talinda istri Chester Bennington kayanya di hack. Beberapa saat kalu ngetwit begini disaat duka.

@TwitterSupport Singer Chester Bennington died 2day n someone is continuing to hack his wife Talinda's account ..pls review asap thnx, Brian pic.twitter.com/sriUxKyJYR

— Brian Watt (@RealBrianWatt) 21 July 2017

Some Tweeters seemed unsure about the authenticity of the messages, thinking they could be real, while the majority criticised the hacker for their disgusting behaviour. 

Really sick/cruel that someone would think to hack Chester Bennington's wife's page and tweet that. Just doesn't make any sense.

Who in their sick mind would hack a wife/mother who just lost the love of their life?

— ToastyProphet (@RemieveStar) 21 July 2017

she's obviously been hacked. this is ******* gut wrenching. who could do such a thing

Bennington reportedly killed himself on Thursday, 20 July. The singer’s body was found in a Los Angeles Area residence just months after his good friend Chris Cornell hung himself. 

Linkin Park were best known for releasing the iconic albums Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight, the latter two reaching number one in numerous countries around the world.

Archived