Jamal Adams has been signed!

29 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well at least he had success at LSU.  Welcome Adams and I apologize for the frustration you've just signed up for.

It will be an interesting study to see how long it takes for a motivated, enthusiastic, talented rookie to realize he is in a sinking ship.  One thing I want for sure, is for the Captain and the first mate to go down with it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What the HELL?  That is just not a normal reply to a thread about your teams 1st round pick signing his contract.  You're either a fantastic troll or just a miserable person. Sorry, but that's not normal, dude, not normal at all 

I have no problem with the pick. I have a big problem with the management of the team.  I hope Bowles doesn't ruin this kid.  He's done such a fine job with Richardson and Lee :rolleyes:.   Talented kid signs a contract with a team that has descended to the lowest point in all of professional sports: the thought of tanking a season and the apparent personnel decisions that would lead to it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What the HELL?  That is just not a normal reply to a thread about your teams 1st round pick signing his contract.  You're either a fantastic troll or just a miserable person. Sorry, but that's not normal, dude, not normal at all 

I'm with @Dcat here.  Preparing myself for the absolute worst this season.  Tired of being let down by these fools.  

I'm interested to see how Adams handles a horrible season.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I have no problem with the pick. I have a big problem with the management of the team.  I hope Bowles doesn't ruin this kid.  He's done such a fine job with Richardson and Lee :rolleyes:.   Talented kid signs a contract with a team that has descended to the lowest point in all of professional sports: the thought of tanking a season and the apparent personnel decisions that would lead to it.

Yeah cause Bowles has so much to do with the immaturities of those two...

We really need to have a conversation of what is on a HC or not when it comes to player conduct. There's only so much a coach can say and do to a grow man to make him behave.

Just now, Tony MaC said:

We really need to have a conversation of what is on a HC or not when it comes to player conduct. There's only so much a coach can say and do to a grow man to make him behave.

I wasn't talking about their off the field behavior.  I was referring to their performance at their respective positions on the field.

But now that you mention it, Bowles has shown us nothing that would lead anyone to believe that he can steer these young guys in the right direction.  But that's a discussion for another thread.  

Bowles is playing Richardson out of position for the most part and it can be argued that Lee is not really built for ILB so Bowles is supposed to use his Arizona magic and use these players talents effectively. SO far... not impressed.  Bowles defenses haven't been any good.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Happy this is resolved with no controversies like with the Chargers had with Bosa. Situations like that make our management and owners look great in comparison.

rookie holdouts are a rare thing since the CBA was signed.  Bosa's dispute with SD stubborn owner was highly unusual.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I wasn't talking about their off the field behavior.  I was referring to their performance at their respective positions on the field.

But now that you mention it, Bowles has shown us nothing that would lead anyone to believe that he can steer these young guys in the right direction.  But that's a discussion for another thread.  

Bowles is playing Richardson out of position for the most part and it can be argued that Lee is not really built for ILB so Bowles is supposed to use his Arizona magic and use these players talents effectively. SO far... not impressed.  Bowles defenses haven't been any good.

Lee is debatable, I'd like to see him another year at WILL now that he's got some experience. As is he was doing okay in coverage from what I remember in that he was often in position to prevent a catch, but somehow dudes were making them anyway.

The Richardson experiment was a bust though.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

rookie holdouts are a rare thing since the CBA was signed.  Bosa's dispute with SD stubborn owner was highly unusual.

Yeah, Spanos is a penny pinching prick. Wouldn't budge to a top five pick because of that, wouldn't commit to San Diego for that reason either. And now... they play in a soccer stadium for three years in a market that doesn't care about them. Off the top of my head there are few owners I'd gladly take Johnson over and he's one of them. (Jed York is another)

• Upvote 1

Bowles hasn't given me any confidence in any aspect of his job so it does make you wonder about the future.

There isn't even any false hope which is sad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

How did a thread about Adams signing his contract degenerate into a Bowles thread?

Because I was wondering aloud how long it will take for this downtrodden franchise to ruin Adams' great enthusiasm and motivation. Kid comes in with everything we could ask for but Jets give him a surrounding team in the midst of a personnel dump leaving little talent on the field.  My concern is that Adams gets demoralized within the next 2 years.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 7/20/2017 at 11:25 PM, Tony MaC said:

Exactly!!!!

If Bowles gets blamed for the knuckle heads does he get credit for the the Big Cat, Lenord Williams?

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

guaranteed $22.3M, for the 6th pick, that rookie scale is creeping up again, how much does 1-5 get guaranteed, we will be back to $50 million busts again soon - I really thought they fixed that - too bad

In fairness, the rookie wage scale is creeping up only along with the rather massive increases that continue to come through with the salary cap each year.  The rookie contracts are still significantly down from where they were, despite teams having a much larger pool of money to work with.  The goal was never to have these kids playing for peanuts, and it shouldn't be, it was more a matter of fixing the problem that top picks had cap-crippling contracts and were out-earning the vast majority of NFL veterans.  Top picks are basically getting contracts of low-to-mid tier starters (obviously varying based on the position), and quickly going down from there throughout the draft.  With all of the mess Goodell has created over the years, this is one thing that I think has gone pretty well.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think our defense has a chance to be pretty good.  The offense is unlikely to be very good but if the D is strong and the O just a little bit better than expected why can't we be competitive, or at least in a bunch of games?

The only way I want them to be competitive is if one of the young QBs lights it up. If neither one can start over Josh McCown, then tank it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Lee is debatable, I'd like to see him another year at WILL now that he's got some experience. As is he was doing okay in coverage from what I remember in that he was often in position to prevent a catch, but somehow dudes were making them anyway.

The Richardson experiment was a bust though.

Yeah, Spanos is a penny pinching prick. Wouldn't budge to a top five pick because of that, wouldn't commit to San Diego for that reason either. And now... they play in a soccer stadium for three years in a market that doesn't care about them. Off the top of my head there are few owners I'd gladly take Johnson over and he's one of them. (Jed York is another)

Spanos is a greedy evil prick. He never negotiated in good faith with the city, always wanting more and more and making completely unreasonable demands. Fuuuck that guy.