Who will be Jets Starting QB for these 3 Games?

Sarge4Tide

Starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1 @ Buffalo

• Josh McCown
    • Bryce Petty
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. Game 8 vs Falcons

• Josh McCown
    • Bryce Petty
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. Game 16 @ Patriots

• Josh McCown
    • Bryce Petty
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Someone Else

I said Petty, Hack, Hack. I think the goal is to start Hack, but he won't be quite ready opening day. Hack may come in by game 4 or so. McCown is there only as backup in case of injury. So by default, it's Petty on opening day. I realize Petty already got a shot and wasn't so good. Still, as the eternal optimist, I say Petty has managed to improve from last year. 

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

McCown and the overachieving 8-8 jets will get todd bowles coach of the yar votes.

The ultimate nightmare scenario. Hopefully Bowles has learned from the Fitzloser nightmare, but he is awfully stubborn and stupid. Listening to Morton and the new QB coach, I think they are all in on Hack.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Mccown Hack Hack. Regardless of how Hack performs he will be the starter as the season goes on. McCown with his track record will probably be injured or benched come game 5 or 6. Just going by past history.

That would be so so dumb, Hack needs to start day 1. Period. He needs to develop. QBs develop by playing games. Not like we are winning the super bowl, and even if McCown could squeak out an extra game or two it does nothing but hurt us in the long run anyway.

On 7/25/2017 at 0:29 PM, johnnysd said:

That would be so so dumb, Hack needs to start day 1. Period. He needs to develop. QBs develop by playing games. Not like we are winning the super bowl, and even if McCown could squeak out an extra game or two it does nothing but hurt us in the long run anyway.

I agree but we are talking Bowles here. I believe he will give McCown the starting job out of camp and when he eventually gets injured or is ineffective then and only then will Hack start. Hell Bowles might even give Petty one or two games before Hack see's the field. Remember we are talking  Bowles here so anything can happen.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I agree but we are talking Bowles here. I believe he will give McCown the starting job out of camp and when he eventually gets injured or is ineffective then and only then will Hack start. Hell Bowles might even give Petty one or two games before Hack see's the field. Remember we are talking  Bowles here so anything can happen.

I want to disagree but can't. From the OTAs it seems like Bowles learned nothing from the Fitz debacle and still wants to see the veteran guy out there. I am worried that even if Hack outperforms McCown he will find a way to go with the veteran guy. I hope I am wrong.

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I want to disagree but can't. From the OTAs it seems like Bowles learned nothing from the Fitz debacle and still wants to see the veteran guy out there. I am worried that even if Hack outperforms McCown he will find a way to go with the veteran guy. I hope I am wrong.

You're not.

If Bowles wants to save his job with wind starting McCown should be the furthest thing from his mind. McCowns W/L the past few years should not inspire any iota of confidence in our coach. If it's gonna burn....let it. Put the young guys out....give them some real game experience and see if they can get a win or 2. McCown getting the one or 2 wins a year he is good for is absolutely meaningless.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived