Pre-preseason predictions

Pointdexter

1) The top 2 vote getters for offensive rookie of the year will be Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook. We could have had both on our roster.

2) Jamal Adams will be the QB of our defense from the jump and a nice consolation from missing on Watson. And yes I realize this is far from a thin limb I'm walking on.

3) Regardless of my above praise of Adams, the safety-safety draft strategy will be mocked all year and go down as one of the bigger Jets blunders. Yes, I'm not very high on MM. Moreover, two safeties don't move the needle in turning around a franchise. 

4) Our defense is good enough to win 4-6 games with McCown starting. However we go winless in games Hackenberg starts and plays the majority of the snaps. The team can't win if we're turning it over and Hack is just too inaccurate to avoid INTs from nfl-level corners.

5) It will become obvious Forte is officially done. Powell is our best hope toting the rock and we need to find him help. This last draft was loaded with rbs and we missed an opportunity to get some serious value there.

6) The OL will be better than expected. And so will the LBs. 

7) Wrs are an interesting group with a lot of jags. No true go-to guy. Chad Hansen will be one of the better players by the end of the season. 

8) Bryce Petty will move ahead of Hack by year's end and will be brought back next year as a backup. 

9) Wilkerson will be much improved this season. Sheldon will have his moments but he will not come anywhere close to returning to all-pro level. He's gone after this year and no one will be disappointed with that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not bad somehow you managed to make 2 of the 9 fairly optimistic predictions and one a given.

The rest all reek of being a SOJF

Yes, hard to find tons of positives on the precipous of a 3-13 season. I hate it but I call it the way it is.

I guess I will have egg all over my face when we win 10 games and Hack lights it up. ;)

24 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Yes, hard to find tons of positives on the precipous of a 3-13 season. I hate it but I call it the way it is.

I guess I will have egg all over my face when we win 10 games and Hack lights it up. ;)

Your list isnt about wins and losses, its about predictions based on your opinions.  I have every right to give you mine.  I think youre wrong on a lot of these.  Along with 3 wins.

Adams is a fine pick but a 2nd S pick means we'll be mocked all year and go down as one of the bigger Jet blunders?  I guess youre a young fan clueless to all the 2nd round blunders in Jets and football history.  Being a SOJF is tough, you need to bone up on your history

You also want to pass this fantasy list off as fact or the way it is?  A given, unchallengeable 

Talk about over selling it. ;)

9 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Started yet another thread to bitch about the draft.  Nice job. 

Yeah, we havent had enough moaning and groaning about our actual picks now we need moaning and bitching that we should have reached for a Watson

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We'll go 3-13 and everyone here will call it a successful season because "the young guys played hard," which is a totally reasonable standard for year 3 of an NFL regime.

Why don't you stop ignoring the fact that they tried to put a competitive team on the field for years 1 and 2, and that this isn't year 3 of a rebuild?

It was stupid as all hell, but anyone with a brain and some simple logic can figure out it was mandated bun woody.

22 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Why don't you stop ignoring the fact that they tried to put a competitive team on the field for years 1 and 2, and that this isn't year 3 of a rebuild?

It was stupid as all hell, but anyone with a brain and some simple logic can figure out it was mandated bun woody.

I'm not ignoring it, and I have no doubt Woody wanted him to spend all that money. it's just irrelevant. Hitting the rebuild button in his third offseason doesn't give him a mulligan for his first two drafts.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I'm not ignoring it, and I have no doubt Woody wanted him to spend all that money. it's just irrelevant. Hitting the rebuild button in his third offseason doesn't give him a mulligan for his first two drafts.

Not irrelevant at all, particularly when you read or listen to all the quotes by Bowles, and you realize that Maccagnan is essentially picking who Bowles wants. Mac very well may be a dumb idiot, but the moronic power structure and moronic owner are far bigger problems. 

57 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We'll go 3-13 and everyone here will call it a successful season because "the young guys played hard," which is a totally reasonable standard for year 3 of an NFL regime.

Great use of facts and SOJF intuition 

Not irrelevant at all, particularly when you read or listen to all the quotes by Bowles, and you realize that Maccagnan is essentially picking who Bowles wants. Mac very well may be a dumb idiot, but the moronic power structure and moronic owner are far bigger problems. 

... i'm building an arsenal of your posts thy release back into the world once bowles contract gets extended after a 2-14 year. And then ... in 2019 after our rookie QB has a year to break in ... we make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Only you and others who need a single person to blame believe this bit of nonsense.  No HC with a GM is essentially making every pick.

Unless the GM is as goofy as this theory since if the drafts fail he will bear the blame no matter who is whispering in his ear.  This is a SOJF phenomena, Mangin, Rex and now Bowles are making all the picks.  Woody is a complete friggen idiot who just likes throwing his money into GMs who do little more than play capologist.  

Hard to believe how simple Jets fan logic has become

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only you and others who need a single person to blame believe this bit of nonsense.  No HC with a GM is essentially making every pick.

Unless the GM is as goofy as this theory since if the drafts fail he will bear the blame no matter who is whispering in his ear.  This is a SOJF phenomena, Mangin, Rex and now Bowles are making all the picks.  Woody is a complete friggen idiot who just likes throwing his money into GMs who do little more than play capologist.  

Hard to believe how simple Jets fan logic has become

LOL, The thing you people who want to ignore the facts don't seem to get, when Woody first acquired the team, Parcells was here. Parcells was a very clear proponent of let the chef pick the groceries. In fact, its why he went to Tannenbaum when Mangini came here, he wanted that type of structure. Its also why he has HC's and GM's who both report to him, and not the HC reporting to the GM the way most orgs do it.

The information is all there, you can chose to ignore it if you want, I really don't give a crap.

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... i'm building an arsenal of your posts thy release back into the world once bowles contract gets extended after a 2-14 year. And then ... in 2019 after our rookie QB has a year to break in ... we make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wow, thank you, I look forward to you releasing me back into the wild in 2019. Hopefully I am not too domesticated by then to survive.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, The thing you people who want to ignore the facts don't seem to get, when Woody first acquired the team, Parcells was here. Parcells was a very clear proponent of let the chef pick the groceries. In fact, its why he went to Tannenbaum when Mangini came here, he wanted that type of structure. Its also why he has HC's and GM's who both report to him, and not the HC reporting to the GM the way most orgs do it.

The information is all there, you can chose to ignore it if you want, I really don't give a crap.

What fact, find me a link of a direct quote stating that Macc drafts after being told who to take from Bowles.  Otherwise dont tell me or anyone else that theyre ignoring what you make up in your head and present as fact.  No one has ever backed your goofy point, so you check your facts.  That your fact is based on Parcells being the guy in charge says youre selling more nonsense than imaginable.  What does a HOF HC without a GM have to do with a first time HC working under a GM???  Explain that one, please use facts.  And impress all of us

Woody has spent upwards of 2 bilion on this team and dumb fans still think its odd that he has constant contact with the GM and HC and believe its a problem.  This fanbase is clueless to how the real world works

Just now, Jet Nut said:

What fact, find me a link of a direct quote stating that Macc drafts after being told who to take from Bowles.  Otherwise dont tell me or anyone else that theyre ignoring what you make up in your head and present as fact.  No one has ever backed your goofy point, so you check your facts.  That your fact is based on Parcells being the guy in charge says youre selling more nonsense than imaginable.  What does a HOF HC without a GM have to do with a first time HC working under a GM???  Explain that one, please use facts.  And impress all of us

Woody has spent upwards of 2 bilion on this team and dumb fans still think its odd that he has constant contact with the GM and HC and believe its a problem.  This fanbase is clueless to how the real world works

You have literally no idea what the hell you are talking about, enjoy.

Just now, NoBowles said:

You have literally no idea what the hell you are talking about, enjoy.

You're literally and idiot if you have no idea.  Its kind of simple after you get past you trying to compare Parcells to Bowles and what it took to get BP here. That's the writing of someone who just doesn't understand the game or its players.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're literally and idiot if you have no idea.  Its kind of simple after you get past you trying to compare Parcells to Bowles and what it took to get BP here. That's the writing of someone who just doesn't understand the game or its players.

Yes, I am the idiot..... The info is out there, you chose to ignore it, I really don't care, carry on.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Yes, I am the idiot..... The info is out there, you chose to ignore it, I really don't care, carry on.

The info is out there?  That Bowles makes the picks.  Find it, post it and i'll apologize.  

And you do care, you cant let it go

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The info is out there?  That Bowles makes the picks.  Find it, post it and i'll apologize.  

And you do care, you cant let it go

Lol, you make personal attacks based on my posts, and I can't let it go... can't make this crap up.

Lol, you make personal attacks based on my posts, and I can't let it go... can't make this crap up.

Quotes, waiting on you.  Where is all this vast amount of proof that Bowles is the brains behind the draft.  That Maccs BAP philosophy is total BS.  

This is what apparently CAN be made up.  Your name says it all agenda child

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Quotes, waiting on you.  Where is all this vast amount of proof that Bowles is the brains behind the draft.  That Maccs BAP philosophy is total BS.  

This is what apparently CAN be made up.  Your name says it all agenda child

Really shouldn't call people an idiot for their posts.....

Really shouldn't call people an idiot for their posts.....

You really need to understand what it means to ask for a direct quote, not a rumor over one player that maybe or maybe not Bowles didnt like.  As if any GM anywhere doesnt confer with his HC or that telling your GM you dont like a player equals the HC making all of their picks.  Ultimately the pick is the GMs after he takes into account what he believes, what the scouts believe and what the HC and asst coaches think.  

Isnt hard to follow.  Is how most teams are run, teams without a Parcells or BB

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You really need to understand what it means to ask for a direct quote, not a rumor over one player that maybe or maybe not Bowles didnt like.  As if any GM anywhere doesnt confer with his HC or that telling your GM you dont like a player equals the HC making all of their picks.  Isnt hard to follow.  

Not doing your research for you; not interested, it's out there

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not doing your research for you; not interested, it's out there

A Adam Schein rumor, who knows which assclown told him what, no credit given.  Maybe its the same assclown who gave all the Hack quotes.  Still no understanding of organizations. What research, the rumor from a 2nd rate ex SNY host?  Its easy for you

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A Adam Schein rumor, who knows which assclown told him what, no credit given.  Maybe its the same assclown who gave all the Hack quotes.  Still no understanding of organizations. What research, the rumor from a 2nd rate ex SNY host?  Its easy for you

Dude, it's clear as day, if you read and listen the quotes, it's all there. I'm not interested in convincing you of something you don't want to accept. I'm an idiot, carry on

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Dude, it's clear as day, if you read and listen the quotes, it's all there. I'm not interested in convincing you of something you don't want to accept. I'm an idiot, carry on

Not close to clear as day, it's a fu(king rumor, that he didn't like him, not that he picked Lee.  Are you kidding?  

I thought you were done with this?   

3 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

1) The top 2 vote getters for offensive rookie of the year will be Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook. We could have had both on our roster.

2) Jamal Adams will be the QB of our defense from the jump and a nice consolation from missing on Watson. And yes I realize this is far from a thin limb I'm walking on.

3) Regardless of my above praise of Adams, the safety-safety draft strategy will be mocked all year and go down as one of the bigger Jets blunders. Yes, I'm not very high on MM. Moreover, two safeties don't move the needle in turning around a franchise. 

4) Our defense is good enough to win 4-6 games with McCown starting. However we go winless in games Hackenberg starts and plays the majority of the snaps. The team can't win if we're turning it over and Hack is just too inaccurate to avoid INTs from nfl-level corners.

5) It will become obvious Forte is officially done. Powell is our best hope toting the rock and we need to find him help. This last draft was loaded with rbs and we missed an opportunity to get some serious value there.

7) Wrs are an interesting group with a lot of jags. No true go-to guy. Chad Hansen will be one of the better players by the end of the season. 

8) Bryce Petty will move ahead of Hack by year's end and will be brought back next year as a backup. 

9) Wilkerson will be much improved this season. Sheldon will have his moments but he will not come anywhere close to returning to all-pro level. He's gone after this year and no one will be disappointed with that.

Why didn't you put SPOILER ALERT on here.  I agree with all of your predictions. 

This is a 2-14 team. No rationale  as to how they score points. They will be lucky to get to 14 points most weeks so even if the defense approaches okay won't much matter. They did little to improve the offense nor any unit in it. And as to the defense, they have one real player worth a damn and a whole lot of question marks. But even if the question marks work out, offense could be so historically awful it won't matter.

And none of that factors in a risk averse scared coach who adds nothing in this equation. Entirely plausible OC John Morton was hired with the provision that this is a tryout for the top job midseason. 

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

1. Does Adams will win DROY?

3. Calvin Pryor was not what we wanted and Gilchrist was done after his injury and expensive.  We had no viable backup S that could start.  Adams was a no brainer and apparently Maye was the best available player when we drafted and we had a need at that position.  This year is not about moving the needle, it's about building a foundation.

4. There are going to be some ugly moments with Hackenberg.  At the end of the season I don't think he can do enough to have the Jets say this is our QB of the future.  Doesn't mean he won't be a viable QB in the future, but one year to adjust to the NFL and overcome his challenges just isn't enough.  We'll draft a QB in round 1, or sign a free agent QB.

5. Kind of agree, but Forte was not used properly last year, I think we'll get back to using him to catch passes out of the backfield and the workload will be evenly split between him and Powell, but he won't be a Jet after this year.

6. Like your optimism here and hope you're right.

7. Who knows what's gonna happen here, we have like 13 WRs in camp to chose from.  Our chances of one of the youngsters from last year, or a rookie overachieving are pretty good I think, I just can't tell you who will emerge I just know 1 or 2 people will that aren't named Enunwa, or Anderson.  Peake is a possibility. 

8. Nah

9.  Agree, but Sheldon has something to prove too, I think our DL will be strong this year.

Archived