Cops Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One can only hope! 

darnolds.jpg

I assume that's the dude that everyone is talking about as the next best QB, who may or may not come out in the next draft. If I know the Jets, it's gonna play out in 1 of 3 ways:

1) We make a late season push to win meaningless games to put us out of drafting him, and he's drafted by the Bills and becomes the next Tom Brady like pain in our division.

2) We get the #1 draft pick and he doesn't declare.

3) We draft him and he sucks/ we ruin him.

Boy, wouldn't I be a joy at parties.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I assume that's the dude that everyone is talking about as the next best QB, who may or may not come out in the next draft. If I know the Jets, it's gonna play out in 1 of 3 ways:

1) We make a late season push to win meaningless games to put us out of drafting him, and he's drafted by the Bills and becomes the next Tom Brady like pain in our division.

Yeah, it would be so Jetsy to mess this up in any of the ways you mentioned.

But, at least it provides a modicum of hope knowing we're purposely tanking for our future.  We know we're gonna suck hard, so might as well get the # 1 pick, right?  Sucking and only ending up with, like, the 6th pick....that's no-man's land. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But, at least it provides a modicum of hope knowing we're purposely tanking for our future.  We know we're gonna suck hard, so might as well get the # 1 pick, right?  Sucking and only ending up with, like, the 6th pick....that's no-man's land. 

Yeah, as long as we use that #1 wisely. But, my memory isn't the best, but when was the last time a team tanked, got the #1 pick, and used it to draft a player that instantly made them perennial contenders? The Colts and Andrew Luck? Would they even be talked about in playoff predictions if they weren't in that taint's b-hole of a division? It's nice to dream, though. If anything, for this season, I'm just hoping for competence from our young receivers, LBs, and DBs. Honestly, I don't think we really have a core group of players that we KNOW is gonna be a part of a winning franchise in the future outside of Leo Williams. Maybe Enunwa, too.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, as long as we use that #1 wisely. But, my memory isn't the best, but when was the last time a team tanked, got the #1 pick, and used it to draft a player that instantly made them perennial contenders? The Colts and Andrew Luck? Would they even be talked about in playoff predictions if they weren't in that taint's b-hole of a division? It's nice to dream, though. If anything, for this season, I'm just hoping for competence from our young receivers, LBs, and DBs. Honestly, I don't think we really have a core group of players that we KNOW is gonna be a part of a winning franchise in the future outside of Leo Williams. Maybe Enunwa, too.

It's not just about who is there at # 1.  It's the draft capital that comes with owning that pick.  Just last year we saw the Bears throw two 3rd rounders and a 4th at the 49ers just to move up from pick # 3 to 2.  The year before, the Eagles gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move from # 8 to # 2. 

And it's hardly the only instances we've seen over the years where teams give up way too much to get a top pick. 

Odds are, when whoever owns the # 1 pick next year can take advantage of one of the other 31 franchises and make a trade IF they do not like who is there. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not just about who is there at # 1.  It's the draft capital that comes with owning that pick.  Just last year we saw the Bears throw two 3rd rounders and a 4th at the 49ers just to move up from pick # 3 to 2.  The year before, the Eagles gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move from # 8 to # 2. 

And it's hardly the only instances we've seen over the years where teams give up way too much to get a top pick. 

Odds are, when whoever owns the # 1 pick next year can take advantage of one of the other 31 franchises and make a trade IF they do not like who is there. 

That is actually what I'd like to see. Trade rape some stupid team (I still laugh at the Skins for what they gave up for RGIII) and stock up on 1s 2s and 3s. We certainly have more holes than just QB. Our O-line, for starters.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One can only hope! 

ftawards09.jpg

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

58 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That is actually what I'd like to see. Trade rape some stupid team (I still laugh at the Skins for what they gave up for RGIII) and stock up on 1s 2s and 3s. We certainly have more holes than just QB. Our O-line, for starters.

Please keep this crap out of the game thread. K? thanks.

Archived