Jets just torpedoed the PSL resale market

Doggin94it

Want Jets season tickets but don't want to buy a PSL? Good news! The Jets now have you covered. They just launched Jets boarding pass, which is essentially a full season ticket for $725, no PSL required. Oh, and you may end up with seats that are way better than the $72.50 per game average cost - basically, with the boarding pass, you get assigned a different seat for each game based, I guess, on what single game tickets the team has not sold for that game. Oh, and you can buy multiple boarding passes and be sure to sit together each time.

Tell me again why I want to buy that PSL investment gold?

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jets-Launch-All-New-Jets-Boarding-Pass/ccdfb29c-6fae-444a-8648-9f254b7ad541

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Want Jets season tickets but don't want to buy a PSL? Good news! The Jets now have you covered. They just launched Jets boarding pass, which is essentially a full season ticket for $725, no PSL required. Oh, and you may end up with seats that are way better than the $72.50 per game average cost - basically, with the boarding pass, you get assigned a different seat for each game based, I guess, on what single game tickets the team has not sold for that game. Oh, and you can buy multiple boarding passes and be sure to sit together each time.

Tell me again why I want to buy that PSL investment gold?

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Jets-Launch-All-New-Jets-Boarding-Pass/ccdfb29c-6fae-444a-8648-9f254b7ad541

Sent from my SM-G920T using JetNation.com mobile app

this was announced almost 2 mnths ago and they have been promoting it intensley.  You just saw it now?  

There is virtually no PSL aftermarket anyway.  This changes nothing.  If and when the Jets get a QB and become a viable team again, this will go away.  Means nothing. It would be a foolish purchase by anyone because for $750 you can buy sideline prime lowers or clubs for every game on stubhub or ticketmaster and would never even sniff the upper deck.  Nobody is buying it, so I heard.  

The Jets are not going to be sh*t forever.

Now is actually a great time to buy a PSL on the secondary market.

Heck, there are still 4 seats in the Club, Section 243, Row 5 on pslsource.com for $62 each - face was $7500

Bad for the seller, great for the buyer.

I bought 2 in 129 this year for $250 each (face was $4K) and I am 11 rows off the field.

Came from 339 Row 8 and my ticket cost is only $17.50 more a ticket.

The Jet STs are like the 2009 stock market right now.  No where to go but up.

Gotta keep the faith.  SOJFs need to cease and desist.

23 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

The Jets are not going to be sh*t forever.

Now is actually a great time to buy a PSL on the secondary market.

Heck, there are still 4 seats in the Club, Section 243, Row 5 on pslsource.com for $62 each - face was $7500

Bad for the seller, great for the buyer.

I bought 2 in 129 this year for $250 each (face was $4K) and I am 11 rows off the field.

Came from 339 Row 8 and my ticket cost is only $17.50 more a ticket.

The Jet STs are like the 2009 stock market right now.  No where to go but up.

Gotta keep the faith.  SOJFs need to cease and desist.

I also bought psl off the after market this offseas, I got season ticket package today did you receive yours?  I ask because the rewards cards/ticket cards were oddly missing from the package, parking passes were in there, and all the other normal nonsense.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jets, selling PSL's: They're like taxi medallions!

Jets, a few years later, selling Boarding Pass:  Haha. Who takes taxis anymore. You want to get raped and murdered? Check out our Uber package.

in my ticket package i was given a code to save on uber to and from the games

Crap. Now those poor, stupid, drunken slob Policemen, Firefighters, and former soldiers might choose to attend Jets games in greater numbers. Like in the dark ages. 

Ruined will be the Metropolitan Opera like atmosphere.

Noise!

Fun!!

Revelry!

The horror.....

56 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I also bought psl off the after market this offseas, I got season ticket package today did you receive yours?  I ask because the rewards cards/ticket cards were oddly missing from the package, parking passes were in there, and all the other normal nonsense.

The ticket cards come separately.  I called my guy who called me back right away to tell me this.

I received the package yesterday and the ticket cards today.

Go Jets!

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

The ticket cards come separately.  I called my guy who called me back right away to tell me this.

I received the package yesterday and the ticket cards today.

Go Jets!

do they also come via fedex, or ups?  I ask because my mailing address is a business that does not get USPS mail delivered.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

(patiently waiting for SAR I to arrive)

The only thing worse than talking about the Jets is listening to Jets fans whine all summer.  Pity the rich man who spent $16,000 nine years ago, like he even gave it a second thought back then, like he even misses it now. 

And, in case you're wondering, over the course of those 9 years:

A pack-a-day smoker has spent $42,705
A six-pack beer drinker has spent $22,995
A dog owner has spent $18,520

So friends, quit smoking, quit drinking, and shoot your dog.  Then you can tell me how I'm wasting my money.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Crap. Now those poor, stupid, drunken slob Policemen, Firefighters, and former soldiers might choose to attend Jets games in greater numbers. Like in the dark ages. 

Ruined will be the Metropolitan Opera like atmosphere.

Noise!  Fun!!  Revelry!  The horror.....

You've got it backwards.

The 55,000 PSL owners are the ones loyal to the team, who stick with them through good times and bad.

The 27,500 Upper Deckers are the ones who gave up their Giants Stadium season tickets, took Woody Johnson's free handout in the PSL-free zones, and quit on the team entirely once the AFC Championship Game appearances stopped and it was clear that it was tough times ahead.

These mythical "die hard" fans are turncoats.  They're the voices that are missing on gameday's.  PSL owners make just as much noise as they did in Giants Stadium.  It's the poor, stupid, drunken slob policemen, firemen, and former soldiers who don't show up that have made MetLife sound so quiet.  Blame them.  Blame the people who aren't there.  Blame the people who don't support the team with their wallets.  Blame the people who play the victim because their cushy seats and their scalping profit centers went away.

Jets fans are morons.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You've got it backwards.

The 55,000 PSL owners are the ones loyal to the team, who stick with them through good times and bad.

The 27,500 Upper Deckers are the ones who gave up their Giants Stadium season tickets, took Woody Johnson's free handout in the PSL-free zones, and quit on the team entirely once the AFC Championship Game appearances stopped and it was clear that it was tough times ahead.

These mythical "die hard" fans are turncoats.  They're the voices that are missing on gameday's.  PSL owners make just as much noise as they did in Giants Stadium.  It's the poor, stupid, drunken slob policemen, firemen, and former soldiers who don't show up that have made MetLife sound so quiet.  Blame them.  Blame the people who aren't there.  Blame the people who don't support the team with their wallets.  Blame the people who play the victim because their cushy seats and their scalping profit centers went away.

Jets fans are morons.

SAR I

Actually is sounds exactly like supply and demand.

4 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Actually is sounds exactly like supply and demand.

It is the new free market at work, and it's not exactly free. A lot of rules being bent/broken here which is why the economy is so out of whack.

What do you expect when you have a League/country run by lawyers? Large companies lobby the politicians to impose restrictions on smaller ones, and if they do not collapse they buy them out. See the NFL, AFL story. The NFL owners know exactly how it works which is why they self imposed a hard salary cap. If they didn't have rules all the teams would be owned by two or three guys by now. 

Anyway the smart people buy low/sell high. You can still make a profit in the new "Free" Market but you cannot make a profit, and be loyal and ethical at the same time.  

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

The only thing worse than talking about the Jets is listening to Jets fans whine all summer.  Pity the rich man who spent $16,000 nine years ago, like he even gave it a second thought back then, like he even misses it now. 

So friends, quit smoking, quit drinking, and shoot your dog.  Then you can tell me how I'm wasting my money.

SAR I

I get your sarcasm, but you just opened yourself up for the Michael Vick Man of the Year award ?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

While I will 100% agree with this sentiment, don't deny that the lower bowl clears out halfway though the third quarter like somebody pulled a fire alarm. 

The acrid blue collar odor is  heavier than normal air. It typically (if it isnt too windy) makes its way to the lower sections of the stadium by the 3rd quarter producing the mass exodus.

10 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The acrid blue collar odor is and heavier than normal air. It typically (if it isnt too windy) makes its way to the lower sections of the stadium by the 3rd quarter producing the mass exodus.

Lol

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

When I was married to my first wife I actually considered shooting her and screwing the dog.

SAR is so easy sometimes. Its like he's just giving it away.

LOL.

You lost me with your ill conceived rant about those that protect your family for you, because lets face it, you're just a wimp that is intimidated by men of strength and action. That's probably why spending thousands of dollars to watch them from above makes you feel superior somehow.  Now, now.....go console yourself with how daddy's money made you better than me somehow. LOL.

Archived