#JetsCamp Updates - Day One - Sat 07/29/17

Maxman

@KRL is at Florham Park and he will have a full camp report later on.

Let's use this thread to stay updated on camp today. Feel free to post any tweets from reporters that are there so we can catch up on the action.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Somebody is as excited as me!  He's really early for stretching lol

I love Deon Simon, but Pennel is a guy to really pay attention to.  He's a biiiiiig boy who knows how to use that size.  Him or Simon are gonna replace McLendon this year and do a damn good job.  I'm betting on it.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I love Deon Simon, but Pennel is a guy to really pay attention to.  He's a biiiiiig boy who knows how to use that size.  Him or Simon are gonna replace McLendon this year, and do a damn good job.  I'm betting on it.

Absolutely, I'd be really surprised if McClendon survives cuts.  Simon definitely has some competition and could be a make or break camp for him as well.

I really, really like this welcome wall this season.

5 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Absolutely, I'd be really surprised if McClendon survives cuts.  Simon definitely has some competition and could be a make or break camp for him as well.

Simon finally came in for some time last year and graded out very well and was quite noticeable.  As long as he keeps it up, I think his job is safe.  I think it really is him or Pennel starting week 1.  McLendon honestly might be a part of the first cuts.  He's not even bad, but younger and cheaper is always better.

Welcome wall is great.

Just now, Maxman said:

Did McCown just win the job? He is on the field Petty and Hack are on the sidelines. Let the speculation begin. :)

Yeah, but Hack is wearing an underarmor glove on his left hand.  You know who else wears an underarmor glove on his left hand?  This guy:

maxresdefault.jpg

Coincidence?  No.  

McCown = Bledsoe.  It's only a matter of time.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

Yeah, but Hack is wearing an underarmor glove on his left hand.  You know who else wears an underarmor glove on his left hand?  This guy:

maxresdefault.jpg

Coincidence?  No.  

McCown = Bledsoe.  It's only a matter of time.  

Actually I think that much might not be coincidence. Hack likes to mimic the mannerisms of Brady, maybe that's just one more thing he's copying.

32 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

That wall is great, but why is the Namath mannequin wearing pickle pants? I know its kind of our default look since TB showed up but they wore all white in that game.

2 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

That wall is great, but why is the Namath mannequin wearing pickle pants? I know its kind of our default look since TB showed up but they wore all white in that game.

Looks like its just all the new gear head to toe.  The pictures on the walls show some of the older (err maybe just the all white modern) uniforms.

Archived