KRL Camp Notes (7/29/17)

KRL

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Keep in mind that we're probably a really crappy team so any "standouts" in camp are doing so against crappy players.

Keep in mind that in no way is a really crappy defense.

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

why? What upside is teasing boners out of you? He was sloppy, plodded through routes, and didn't show great hands. Special teams be about his only way on to the field right now. Chad Hansen is going to walk circles around him IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we wait till Hanson ACTUALLY walks circles around Peake before we cut him?

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think Peake makes the roster, but I wouldn't rule anything out right based on this crop of receivers.  I think Bowles likes Jalin Marshall a lot.  Kept sending him out there to return punts despite the fact that he was terrible at it.  Quincy, Robby, Peake, Marshall, Stewart, Hansen, Wilson, Marks....I think there are some good young players in that group.   I'd love to see Peake stick, though. 

If one of these guys doesn't step forward in a major way it is going to be a long season.

Just now, Warfish said:

We should have done it yesterday.  Right after we named Hack the starting QB according to some. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Keep in mind that in no way is a really crappy defense.

2 of the 3 standouts that KRL mentioned were on defense.  And while I do think we'll have a good defense this year, it's no certainty.  We weren't very good last year

Standouts

- Sheldon Richardson
- Morris Claiborne
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

2 of the 3 standouts that KRL mentioned were on defense.  And while I do think we'll have a good defense this year, it's no certainty.  We weren't very good last year

Standouts

- Sheldon Richardson
- Morris Claiborne

Wouldn't judge the D based on last year.  Among other differences, Wilk one year along from a broken leg, Sheldon playing for a contract and much improved secondary.  But we will still need a minimally competent offense in order for the defense to shine.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Standouts

- Sheldon Richardson
- Morris Claiborne

You said to keep in mind that any standouts in camp.  

Not in KRLs first report.  While we were discussing WRs

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Many said we were so deep at WR.....

No, anyone with half a brain said we were deep with young WRs who had a lot of potential.  We need a few to step up or we go outside to get help. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No, anyone with half a brain said we were deep with young WRs who had a lot of potential.  We need a few to step up or we go outside to get help. 

So we have a roster full of inexperienced WR's who may not be good NFL WR's is more like it.....Robbie Anderson hype seems to have calmed...

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not so sure.  We need a number one.  They don't grow on trees.  Maybe one of these guys can be that guy.  I sure hope so.

I think ASJ will be the team leader in receptions as they throw to him and the RBs a lot. Enunwa will be the #1 WR by default unless they make a major move that I just don't see them making. Not all of the WRs who'll be on the opening day roster are on the team today. 

8 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not so sure.  We need a number one.  They don't grow on trees.  Maybe one of these guys can be that guy.  I sure hope so.

True but we're not looking for a number one to come out of this crop, this season.  We need depth behind Enumwa right now.  Have 3 or 4 that can be put out behind him.  Everyone has those types of WRs.  The guys fans drool over who ultimately are no better than what other teams have who fall free or are traded for little

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So we have a roster full of inexperienced WR's who may not be good NFL WR's is more like it.....Robbie Anderson hype seems to have calmed...

That's your thinking, the negative, glass is half empty way of looking at the world.  Why think a couple will pan out of this deep group when it's easier to say they might not be good and keep you amused for some reason

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's your thinking, the negative, glass is half empty Way of looking at the world.  Why think a couple will pan out of this deep group when it's easier to say they might not be good and keep you amused for some reason

You were the one who said we need to get some help not me......I knew the obvious here as i never thought this group was that great we had depth but nothing great. 

We cut 2 #1 WRs and replaced them with no one. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You were the one who said we need to get some help not me......I knew the obvious here as i never thought this group was that great we had depth but nothing great. 

We cut 2 #1 WRs and replaced them with no one. 

I said if one doesn't step up.  Far different than your no one will step up view of the team.  You've done this so long and often that you don't see it

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I said if one doesn't step up.  Far different than your no one will step up view of the team.  You've done this so long and often that you don't see it

Ok understood but I thought Robbie Anderson was the next great NY Jets WR.....talk has calmed and now Peake might not even make the team and Devin Smith see where I'm going with this....yes hopefully Q has a beast season and others step it up. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok understood but I thought Robbie Anderson was the next great NY Jets WR.....talk has calmed and now Peake might not even make the team and Devin Smith see where I'm going with this....yes hopefully Q has a beast season and others step it up. 

Wait Peake might not make the team off of one practice and Paradises insight into the final roster?  Might want to wait a little bit on that one

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Wasn't that hard to bring a Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Marshall in here.  The truely great ones don't move but there are only a handful of those out there.  Others are fairly interchangeable.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

of course. I didn't say grab an ax while standing over a body.  I just said i don't expect him to make the 53

Archived