Sign in to follow this  
Villain The Foe

Bart Scott Interview on Boomer & Carton

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Given the draft picks on this defense, one would think they should be good, but for the fact that the picks all play in the middle of the field.

how do they score? The Jets over /under is 3.5.  That is lowest # you will see.  They have a QB who historically can't win games, and two others that most objective analysts expect nothing from.  I don't see this team scoring, and the defense will be on the field way too long.  

58 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

how do they score? The Jets over /under is 3.5.  That is lowest # you will see.  They have a QB who historically can't win games, and two others that most objective analysts expect nothing from.  I don't see this team scoring, and the defense will be on the field way too long.  

Lowest I see anywhere is 4.5... And I am going to hit the over so hard before the season starts... There is no way this team loses more then 5 games.

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

LOL, objective

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Hackenburg does well we don't go after glennon next year to mentor Darnold, what do you have to say to that smarty pants?

I know you're joking - but this illuminates a very serious issue.

Jets fans have bought - consciously and unconsciously - so deep into the "young QBs need a mentor QB" slime that the Jets have been selling since Sanchez busted. It's a sham. Good QBs can be had without having good mentor QBs. The "good mentor QB" approach is the same sort of tail-chasing PR campaign as "rebuilding team". It's how the Jets marketing department polishes turds.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've always had immense respect for Bart Scott, as a player and even as an analyst. Bart Scott is actually the last player who's jersey I purchased and is also the only jersey that I wear outside of football season. Wish this guy was still in the Jets building, maybe as a coach or coach assistant. The Jets are going to be better than people think. The more I think about it, the more I think that Christian Hackenberg is probably going to start week 1 and we're going to see some positive things. There's too much negativity surrounding the Jets right now, and Scott in passing made a great point when he said "this is usually when the Jets surprise you", which is damn true. The last time the Jets were ranked this low they actually made it to the AFCCG. Im not saying that they will make the championship game or even the playoffs, but im seeing people talking about a 0-16 season, the Kotite era etc. When the media/fans are talking this strongly the Jets tend to overachieve. Besides, this would be the perfect year to overachieve given that it could put us in position to miss out on what people are saying has the potential to be one of the best QB drafts in decades! Perfect time for the Jets to make the playoffs due to some crazy fluke situation :-)

Seriously though, seems like Scott is pretty bullish on the Jets, atleast more than the rest of the world. Pretty good interview. Im hyped for some football right now! 

Were it not for our HC, I would definitely feel as confident as you do. The man (Bowltite) just plain scares me.

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I have no idea right now and that's the exciting part . When the Jets signed Ryan Fitzpatick to backup Geno Smith half this fan base went crazy . By the end of that same year, almost the entire fan base was screaming Fitzmagic  because that terrible journeyman QB set a record for TDs in a single Jet season .

Like Chris Berman says, "That's why they play the games ".  And when you play, "You play to win the Game" .

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've always had immense respect for Bart Scott, as a player and even as an analyst. Bart Scott is actually the last player who's jersey I purchased and is also the only jersey that I wear outside of football season. Wish this guy was still in the Jets building, maybe as a coach or coach assistant. The Jets are going to be better than people think. The more I think about it, the more I think that Christian Hackenberg is probably going to start week 1 and we're going to see some positive things. There's too much negativity surrounding the Jets right now, and Scott in passing made a great point when he said "this is usually when the Jets surprise you", which is damn true. The last time the Jets were ranked this low they actually made it to the AFCCG. Im not saying that they will make the championship game or even the playoffs, but im seeing people talking about a 0-16 season, the Kotite era etc. When the media/fans are talking this strongly the Jets tend to overachieve. Besides, this would be the perfect year to overachieve given that it could put us in position to miss out on what people are saying has the potential to be one of the best QB drafts in decades! Perfect time for the Jets to make the playoffs due to some crazy fluke situation :-)

Seriously though, seems like Scott is pretty bullish on the Jets, atleast more than the rest of the world. Pretty good interview. Im hyped for some football right now! 

Dear Bart and co., the Jets were able to surprise because they still had a core of players on both sides of the ball primarily to be kept somewhat competative by the D which constantly had to deal with both poor ST, and O play. Both sides have dwindled away. False hope was aided by playing a weak schedule,  other org's on the downtick, and a weak division etc.. I still love ya baby.20150908_124638.jpg

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Im thinking that we're going to see some special offensive packages. We have two tight ends that have potential in Legget and ASJ We Quincy and Anderson. Imagine going two TE set with WR's on the outside and two RB's in the backfield. This will allow the Jets to add extra blockers in the run game without tipping our hand that it is a run, You can throw out of the back field to either Powell or Forte, you can get seam-action from our TE's you have a guy who can stretch the field in Anderson making space for those TE's underneath and you have Enuwna who's our most experienced WR on the field. 

If I was the OC of this team I would be going into a direction like that. You get all of your playmakers on the field at one time with the ability to run the ball, or pass on every level from short passes down to the deep routes and you're able to bully the defense with speed on the outside, size within the seams and RB's with catching ability on the flats. 

Sooner or later we have to realize that it's not just on the quarterback, but what you surround him with as well as the philosophy that the OC brings. McCown shouldnt be a Jet, I totally agree, my point of view is with Hack or Petty...preferably Hack. But you dont have to throw the ball to score. You can run the ball,  as well control the clock when you do that. This is one of the reasons why I I wanted the Jets to draft George Kittle. Dude is a TE,  blocks like a guard or a Tackle but is impactful in the passing game. Not sure how good Leggett is in the blocking department, but then again blocking is more about "effort" anyway. 

IMO the Jets do have the potential to "over achieve" this season. There are absolutely some talented players on this team, especially on the defensive end. I think there is also a lot of optimism that players like Robby Anderson, Jordan Leggart, ASJ,  Stewart, Marshall, Hansen & even McGwire(?) can actually produce in the NFL. 

It's been repeated ad nauseam, but this season & it's outcome will depend on Petty & Hack. If one of them can step up & put points on the board, show us a future, our defense could be good enough to shut opposing offenses down. We could absolutely win more than 4 games. 

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

doesn't the defense have a say in how long they are on the field?  one of the issues last season is the defense would continually give up long drives.  if those drives didn't lead to scores then they would at least pin the jet offense back in their own territory.  about the only thing i am concerned about is their ability to put together long drives and not get too many 3 and outs on offense.

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

if we hold the other team to .5 we are golden