#JetsCamp Updates - Day Five- Thurs 08/03/17

Maxman

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Say what you want, but Hack's release looks very quick and compact in that throw.  Still looks like something is weird with him stepping into the throw, but his arm/release looks very good to me.

Trends the past 5 years in the NFL: 

• TE who play like WRs and create mismatches
  • RB who play like WRs and create mismatches

Things Jets have lacked the past ~5 years: see above

There are promising signs that with Leggett, ASJ, and some of the other TEs in camp, we might finally get on board with the importance of the modern-era TE. Additionally, if you look around the league, there's a whole subsection of team playbooks for pass-catching RBs. McGuire looks like a good fit for this. Crazy as it sounds, but this is how I expected Forte to be used last year. 

We need a Woodhead, Sproles, James White, Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson type of contributor. 

Both of these roles in the offense go a long way towards helping our QB, whoever it is.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Trends the past 5 years in the NFL: 

• TE who play like WRs and create mismatches
  • RB who play like WRs and create mismatches

Things Jets have lacked the past ~5 years: see above

There are promising signs that with Leggett, ASJ, and some of the other TEs in camp, we might finally get on board with the importance of the modern-era TE. Additionally, if you look around the league, there's a whole subsection of team playbooks for pass-catching RBs. McGuire looks like a good fit for this. Crazy as it sounds, but this is how I expected Forte to be used last year. 

We need a Woodhead, Sproles, James White, Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson type of contributor. 

Both of these roles in the offense go a long way towards helping our QB, whoever it is.

it's nice to see them focusing on rb and te speed, finally.  this is the difference in having a real OC who understands what personnel traits can work.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

it's nice to see them focusing on rb and te speed, finally.  this is the difference in having a real OC who understands what personnel traits can work.

Yup, I'll admit I talked myself into the Gailey hire being a good thing in his first year - but after seeing how he deployed Forte and obstinate refusal to use the TE last year, I was ready to see him leave. I liked a lot of what he did here. I liked how he used the big WR in the slot, and developed Quincy. I liked that he got a good year out of Fitz, but in the end his approach seemed out-of-date. I also hate that he contributed to the neglect of the OL.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yup, I'll admit I talked myself into the Gailey hire being a good thing in his first year - but after seeing how he deployed Forte and obstinate refusal to use the TE last year, I was ready to see him leave. I liked a lot of what he did here. I liked how he used the big WR in the slot, and developed Quincy. I liked that he got a good year out of Fitz, but in the end his approach seemed out-of-date. I also hate that he contributed to the neglect of the OL.

i like the plan to rotate rbs and line them up in the slot.  and they actually could have 2 tes who can catch.  finally, they're giving a young qb rb and te options as check downs.  

Archived