Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

#JetsCamp Updates - Day Five- Thurs 08/03/17

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Posted (edited)

Yesterday was the Jets first day off, which I'm sure they were grateful for after all the hitting they did the day prior.  They get back at it again today, starts at 1:50pm 

Edited by JETSfaninNE

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love seeing the fans at practice supporting Hack and Petty. 

Same, especially the kids.  Got to envy them in a way, they just don't know the perseverance required to be a Jets fan yet... :D

7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Say what you want, but Hack's release looks very quick and compact in that throw.  Still looks like something is weird with him stepping into the throw, but his arm/release looks very good to me.

16 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A... OH MAN .... *breathe* .... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Demorrio is going to be the target of wheel routes all. year. long.

Shell vs tiney LBer... right into the agenda's wheelhouse

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Trends the past 5 years in the NFL: 

• TE who play like WRs and create mismatches
  • RB who play like WRs and create mismatches

Things Jets have lacked the past ~5 years: see above

There are promising signs that with Leggett, ASJ, and some of the other TEs in camp, we might finally get on board with the importance of the modern-era TE. Additionally, if you look around the league, there's a whole subsection of team playbooks for pass-catching RBs. McGuire looks like a good fit for this. Crazy as it sounds, but this is how I expected Forte to be used last year. 

We need a Woodhead, Sproles, James White, Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson type of contributor. 

Both of these roles in the offense go a long way towards helping our QB, whoever it is.

it's nice to see them focusing on rb and te speed, finally.  this is the difference in having a real OC who understands what personnel traits can work.