Jump to content
PS17

Deshaun Watson Impressing at Texans Camp

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Funny stat: McCown is 18th in the league with a QB rating of 91.3 - which is better than .....

 

Watson, 30th with 77.5

Mariota, 24th with 86.9

Dak Prescott, 22nd with 88.9

and... 

.. wait for it...

Glennon, 29th with 79.8

 

... I realize it is only 3 weeks, but thought it was funny as I was checking out stats during commercial break...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Watson is bad. At least eight QB's in this draft will be better, and we will get the best one

... in the second round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2017 at 5:27 PM, PS17 said:

It would be so Jets-like for him to go on to be a Hall of Famer.

 

John McClain, Houston Chronicle football writer: "I covered Warren Moon from from Day 1 for 10 years. At his 3rd practice, Watson reminds me of Moon n his first camp in 1984. So smooth!"

"Deshaun is ahead of any rookie quarterback I've ever been around," Texans head coach Bill O'Brien told reporters Tuesday.

"I don't really know how to articulate what I know about him," Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said in mid-July, via ESPN's Sarah Barshop. "... All those great ones, the Michael Jordans, the Steph Currys, the LeBron Jameses, the Joe Montanas, the Tom Bradys ... there's a uniqueness to them. There's something to them. Yes, you can see talent. But there's this other stuff that you cannot see until you really get around it every day. And that's what he's got."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725281-deshaun-watsons-impressive-start-leaves-bill-obrien-no-more-excuses

it certainly looks like he's the real deal.  but obrien does run a pretty qb friendly system.  warren moon?  moon had an arm that watson can only dream about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Watson is bad. At least eight QB's in this draft will be better, and we will get the best one

The lack of humility is staggering. How be Paxton??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but he had these flaws that people said he had because other people said he had them and stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

I wonder how many of his four TD passes were fast enough for the radar gun jack offs. 

Probably the 5th one he ran in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is precisely why there's no reason to tank. This kid was staring us in the face when our turn was up in the draft, and we took a safety instead. 

This is our problem. There's been plenty of opportunities to draft good QBs. But this organization has a knack for fooling itself into passing on them. 

This isn't a knock on Jamal Adams. He looks like he's for real. But the QB position is simply way more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Watson is precisely why there's no reason to tank. This kid was staring us in the face when our turn was up in the draft, and we took a safety instead. 

This is our problem. There's been plenty of opportunities to draft good QBs. But this organization has a knack for fooling itself into passing on them. 

This isn't a knock on Jamal Adams. He looks like he's for real. But the QB position is simply way more important.

Which is why I give up hoping for draft position.  I never thought the Jets would have a shot at Watson after the 5th win.  And there he is staring you in the face and you take a S (who looks to be a stud).

Watson has accounted for 7 TD's this season.  The entire Jets team, has 7 TD's this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, JiF said:

Which is why I give up hoping for draft position.  I never thought the Jets would have a shot at Watson after the 5th win.  And there he is staring you in the face and you take a S (who looks to be a stud).

Watson has accounted for 7 TD's this season.  The entire Jets team, has 7 TD's this season.

The Texans are averaging the most points per game since Watson took over, very small sample size I know.

Now I won't sit here, and pretend I wanted the Jets to draft Watson I didn't I wanted Mahomes, but to see the excitement he has injected into that fan base is what we have been waiting for well since forever, the fans are in the stadium an hour before kickoff just to watch the kid warm up, I'd even go so far as to say Texans fans are like JJ Watt who right now, **** him it's all Deshaun Watson all the time.  The Jets ticket office would be under staffed this week if we had Watson, and he just hung 35+ and then 50+ points up including beating the Patriots fielding calls from fans begging  to buy PSL's, another missed opportunity by the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 4:01 PM, dbatesman said:

Watson is bad. At least eight QB's in this draft will be better, and we will get the best one

Silly wabbit, trix are for kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 4:33 PM, Lupz27 said:

The Texans are averaging the most points per game since Watson took over, very small sample size I know.

Now I won't sit here, and pretend I wanted the Jets to draft Watson I didn't I wanted Mahomes, but to see the excitement he has injected into that fan base is what we have been waiting for well since forever, the fans are in the stadium an hour before kickoff just to watch the kid warm up, I'd even go so far as to say Texans fans are like JJ Watt who right now, **** him it's all Deshaun Watson all the time.  The Jets ticket office would be under staffed this week if we had Watson, and he just hung 35+ and then 50+ points up including beating the Patriots fielding calls from fans begging  to buy PSL's, another missed opportunity by the Jets.

Grass is always greener....

To be fair; the Texans were a good time (other than at QB); they went 9-7 with Osweller, et. al. at QB. The Jets needed a full rebuild as the team was full of aging and declining veterans. Had we selected Watson, I doubt he would be having the same success that he is having now.

Also remember, that a lot of QBs look good at first, but it is how they grow and how other teams learn to play against them that makes them last. Also, his team lost to a Pats team that lost to the Jags and barely beat the Bucs with QB that was playing poorly (former 1 pick) and a field goal kicker that missed 3 FGs.

My point, you can't get worked up about how a rookie QB is playing in the first quarter of his first season; how a player plays (esp. qb and rookie) has a lot to do with the team he plays on, who coaches him, and the system he is in.

Finally, even if we were to draft a franchise QB in the first round, it could take at least 2-3 years before it pays off (if ever). Many in this fan base would be asking for a FO reboot, fired coach and a journeyman QB as soon as the poor rookie had a bad game. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×