PS17

Deshaun Watson Impressing at Texans Camp

On 10/2/2017 at 2:39 AM, sourceworx said:

Watson is precisely why there's no reason to tank. This kid was staring us in the face when our turn was up in the draft, and we took a safety instead. 

This is our problem. There's been plenty of opportunities to draft good QBs. But this organization has a knack for fooling itself into passing on them. 

This isn't a knock on Jamal Adams. He looks like he's for real. But the QB position is simply way more important.

And there will be others after him. So why cry after every game? 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
On 10/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, JiF said:

Which is why I give up hoping for draft position.  I never thought the Jets would have a shot at Watson after the 5th win.  And there he is staring you in the face and you take a S (who looks to be a stud).

Watson has accounted for 7 TD's this season.  The entire Jets team, has 7 TD's this season.

You, Rutgers, me and others wanted Watson.  He was a no-brainer pick for a QB needy team in the Jets.  His flaws were over-emphasized, while he beat elite comp in college, had a ton of experience as a starter (compared to a lot of other QBs coming out) and was amazing in big games.  He would've owned NY football for the next 10 years (especially with the disintegration of the Giants).

But, no, Macc had to try to save face and give Hacc more development time (of course, Watson has now seen more NFL game time than Hacc) and pass on Watson for a Safety.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

You, Rutgers, me and others wanted Watson.  He was a no-brainer pick for a QB needy team in the Jets.  His flaws were over-emphasized, while he beat elite comp in college, had a ton of experience as a starter (compared to a lot of other QBs coming out) and was amazing in big games.  He would've owned NY football for the next 10 years (especially with the disintegration of the Giants).

But, no, Macc had to try to save face and give Hacc more development time (of course, Watson has now seen more NFL game time than Hacc) and pass on Watson for a Safety.

look on the bright side.  morton seems to be pretty good at getting the most out of his players.  if they can do this well without any scary offensive players then imagine what they can do with a better qb and experienced/scary receivers?  and the key here is obrien is not afraid to go to a different qb.  savage started the season and was quickly replaced with watson. if the jets picked watson would he be starting?  i don't think so.

i agree on watson.  the guy seemed to have some of those qualities that just aren't measured at the combines.  he just wins.  good for the texans.  

22 minutes ago, SMC said:

Addendum: If Watson doesn’t pan out, I will deny all of this. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Addendum: If Watson doesn’t pan out, I will deny all of this. 

As will most of us

Got to admit... I liked Watson but was apprehensive due to all that 40mph speed of his throws garbage that was discussed before the NFL draft.  I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  What nonsense.  I've learned something from that.

Wow Last night he was amazing 

Looks like a star in the making 

not a believer .... yet

looks like second coming of rg3. If he turns into Warren Moon or Fran Tarkenton ... i will admit i was wrong and eat crow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Got to admit... I liked Watson but was apprehensive due to all that 40mph speed of his throws garbage that was discussed before the NFL draft.  I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  What nonsense.  I learned something from that.

Teams that know enough about what they are doing float those rumors to get guys to drop. The idiot teams that are always at the top of the draft always fall for it. Jets included.

I liked Watson too - in fact I was trolling about him being nothing last night in the two safeties thread - but had to stop, because it felt so unbelievable. In the past several years, I've lobbied during preseason for a QB based on the VERY limited about of review I do of players. The guys I've wanted, who were there for us:

2017: Watson or Mahomes (I wanted to trade back to 9th or 10th pick)

2016: Prescott or Brissett (I thought either would be fine additions in the 3rd or 4th rounds)

2015: Petty or Hundley (I actually got what I wanted in Petty, I thought he could be developed, still do)

2014: Garrapolo or Savage (I loved Garrapolo as a prospect)

The point of bringing this up is to illustrate that it shouldn't be this ******* hard for scouting department to find a QB. It really shouldn't. Not when you've had the opportunities to pick them.

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

not a believer .... yet

looks like second coming of rg3. If he turns into Warren Moon or Fran Tarkenton ... i will admit i was wrong and eat crow.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The TD where he side steps a rusher, charges the ball from his left hand to his right, never takes his eyes off his targets and unleashes a perfect deep throw sold me 

There is nothing a defense can do to adjust to that. No tendency to exploit. They had him dead to rights and the wr was covered 

He just beat it 

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wow

Last night he was amazing 

Looks like a star in the making 

He had 38 yards at the half.

until they backed off and played a semi prevent in the second

I can admit I didn't want Watson. Didn't see the arm strength needed to fit throws into tight windows and I thought his completion percentage wasn't reflective of his true accuracy. Thought he needed big time work with ball placement. He has certainly made me eat my words thus far. Only bright side is I picked him up in fantasy a couple weeks back and will definitely be starting him next week against the Browns. Our search for a QB continues.......

Is Watson in the hall of fame yet? Have they waved the 5 year restriction period, and the career? I think they should just say, we have seen 5 games now, he is in.

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He had 38 yards at the half.

until they backed off and played a semi prevent in the second

OK, I didn't see the 1st half, wife is a Redsox fan

He showed me the traits you look for, pocket awareness, toughness, accuracy and touch 

As he learns defenses he will be a handful 

24 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Is Watson in the hall of fame yet? Have they waved the 5 year restriction period, and the career? I think they should just say, we have seen 5 games now, he is in.

No but he's got better stats in 1 game than our starting QB has all season. 

27 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

How much has Hack shown in his 5 star.......oh, right.

Safe to say Watson would be the best QB to wear Jets green since Favre, at the very least.

Safe to say skipping Watson and waiting for the 2018 class isn't working so well (if all the whining is an indication).

Safe to say we don't win or lose because of our Safeties.

So yeah, please, continue to talk sh*t about Watson.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How much has Hack shown in his 5 star.......oh, right.

Safe to say Watson would be the best QB to wear Jets green since Favre, at the very least.

Safe to say skipping Watson and waiting for the 2018 class isn't working so well (if all the whining is an indication).

Safe to say we don't win or lose because of our Safeties.

So yeah, please, continue to talk sh*t about Watson.  

LOL, take it easy. I am not even talking sh*t about Watson....

Besides, what in the world does this even have to do with Hackenberg? The Browns passed on him, and they didn't have Hackenberg, and they are math geniuses of epic proportions.

I would have been fine if they took him.

I just think its amazing how after 5 games we have him in the hall of fame, maybe he will be, but there have been plenty of QB's who start out great, and end up not so great, and vice versa. 

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, take it easy. I am not even talking sh*t about Watson....

Besides, what in the world does this even have to do with Hackenberg? The Browns passed on him, and they didn't have Hackenberg, and they are math geniuses of epic proportions.

I would have been fine if they took him.

I just think its amazing how after 5 games we have him in the hall of fame, maybe he will be, but there have been plenty of QB's who start out great, and end up not so great, and vice versa. 

No one has him in the Hall of Fame. 

People who wanted him are pointing out that A. he's played very well for a rookie and B. has already played much better than the folks who trash talked him in the leadup to the draft ever expected and C. Picking Hack and skipping Watson makes Macc look like he can't eval. QB's very well.  

And, I'll add, pointing out that if WE took him, rather than selecting two safeties, we wouldn't care right now about the #1 pick in 2018, and could all just root for our new potential franchise QB in Watson.  

Instead we're in for 11 more weeks of utter division here, followed by months of angry debate over which 5th rated QB we must select in the next draft.....

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No one has him in the Hall of Fame. 

People who wanted him are pointing out that A. he's played very well for a rookie and B. has already played much better than the folks who trash talked him in the leadup to the draft ever expected and C. Picking Hack and skipping Watson makes Macc look like he can't eval. QB's very well.  

And, I'll add, pointing out that if WE took him, rather than selecting two safeties, we wouldn't care right now about the #1 pick in 2018, and could all just root for our new potential franchise QB in Watson.  

Instead we're in for 11 more weeks of utter division here, followed by months of angry debate over which 5th rated QB we must select in the next draft.....

What? Half of JN is walking around with dislocated shoulders from giving themselves a reach around.....

Just now, NoBowles said:

What? Half of JN is walking around with dislocated shoulders from giving themselves a reach around.....

:rolleyes:

This place these days.....

There is no way for anyone to talk their way around the fact that the GM of a QB needy team passed on multiple quality QB's in the 2017 draft and will forever be judged on this fact regardless if Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye become hall of famers.

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is no way for anyone to talk their way around the fact that the GM of a QB needy team passed on multiple quality QB's in the 2017 draft and will forever be judged on this fact regardless if Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye become hall of famers.

Think about what you just said here.

51 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Im with NoBowels: Watson, is bad

Just now, joewilly12 said:

ESPN just said the Houston Texans have a franchise QB in DeShaun Watson, Mike Maccagnan saw things differently. 

I guess it's official then. Fire Mac, Build Watson a statue and close all these threads.