JETSfaninNE

Green & White Scrimmage Updates 08/05/17

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There's a really great piece begging to be written by some enterprising columnist where they spend two days at Jets camp and slap clown shoes on everyone involved in it. Like Hunter S Thompson on the Kentucky Derby. 

*wanted to find a link with the text to the Thompson Kentucky Derby article and I get one and it's Grantland providing an annotated version of the text where they try--and fail-- to out-snark the original and this is the embodiment of Bill Simmons' career 

http://grantland.com/features/looking-back-hunter-s-thompson-classic-story-kentucky-derby/

I was just thinking, "You mnow what the best magazine feature ever written needs? Explanation and annotation by a bunch of guys who spend their spare time figuring out which of their friends is E and which is Turtle."

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 hours ago, #bman said:

I'm sure there's going to be a WR cast off from another team this Summer that the Jets will pick up, or, they'll need to make a trade. How can you possibly evaluate Hack with Robby Anderson as his now #1 WR. Decker was a pro. We all know they are mailing 2017 in but you still need to have some level of professionalism.

Decker was NOT a pro, thats the whoie point. He was a decent player that was a distraction and cancer and an "all bout me" player. He has no role on a rebuild

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

The only blemish on his night was when he was picked off by rookie safety Marcus Maye, who returned it about 60 yards for a touchdown (though McCown disputed that Maye actually would've gotten the touchdown if players were allowed to tackle).

Blemish is an extremely poor word choice for the worst mistake a QB could make.  Was the rest of his night perfect?  It didn't seem so.  I was on board to sign this guy as a mentor (my friend is a Browns fan and wished he stayed as a QB coach there), but I am completely over this guy going near the field on Sundays.  It'll be a complete waste of time.  If Hack isn't ready, start Petty (who I root for).  I'm exaggerating when I say we are the only team in the league that has QBs that throw interceptions on screen passes.  

Jets_Green_White.jpg

The NY Jets held their annual Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday night at Metlife Stadium. The turnout from the fans was pretty impressive. I didn’t see an official head count anywhere but the parking lot was packed and the lower level of the stadium was pretty crowded. The night was actually a practice \ scrimmage. There was no tackling so that always changes things. A QB can take more chances when he is wearing a red jersey. We live tweeted the night, you can scroll through our feed below and get a full recap of the action including several photos.

Quick Hits

• Marcus Maye intercepted Chad McCown and took it the distance. A very impressive play and a good start for the rookie safety.
  • Chris Harper (WR) continued a strong training camp and had a great night.
  • Quincy Enunwa dropped to the ground after dropping a Hackenberg pass close to the goal line. He fell after trying to get up in what was a very scary moment. The Jets have described it as a neck injury, and Todd Bowles said it is the same injury that kept Quincy off the field during minicamp.
  • The Jets run defense looked good, although like I mentioned earlier when they aren’t tackling it is hard to judge completely.
  • All three QBs had moments that were impressive and not so impressive.
    • Chad McCown continues to get the first snaps in every drill. He had a long TD pass but also the low point of the night (the pick 6 by Maye).
    • Hackenberg wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great. Except for one play, he stepped up in the pocket and threw a 24 yard touchdown pass to Jordan Leggett.
    • Bryce Petty was having a nice night during 7 on 7’s but didn’t stand out during the scrimmage.
  • Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the tight end we have been hoping for, he seems poised for a solid season.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
SIASBqqQyaI

Click here to read the full story...

16 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Jets_Green_White.jpg

The NY Jets held their annual Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday night at Metlife Stadium. The turnout from the fans was pretty impressive. I didn’t see an official head count anywhere but the parking lot was packed and the lower level of the stadium was pretty crowded. The night was actually a practice \ scrimmage. There was no tackling so that always changes things. A QB can take more chances when he is wearing a red jersey. We live tweeted the night, you can scroll through our feed below and get a full recap of the action including several photos.

Quick Hits

• Marcus Maye intercepted Josh McCown and took it the distance. A very impressive play and a good start for the rookie safety.
  • Chris Harper (WR) continued a strong training camp and had a great night.
  • Quincy Enunwa dropped to the ground after dropping a Hackenberg pass close to the goal line. He fell after trying to get up in what was a very scary moment. The Jets have described it as a neck injury, and Todd Bowles said it is the same injury that kept Quincy off the field during minicamp.
  • The Jets run defense looked good, although like I mentioned earlier when they aren’t tackling it is hard to judge completely.
  • All three QBs had moments that were impressive and not so impressive.
    • Josh McCown continues to get the first snaps in every drill. He had a long TD pass but also the low point of the night (the pick 6 by Maye).
    • Hackenberg wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great. Except for one play, he stepped up in the pocket and threw a 24 yard touchdown pass to Jordan Leggett.
    • Bryce Petty was having a nice night during 7 on 7’s but didn’t stand out during the scrimmage.
  • Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the tight end we have been hoping for, he seems poised for a solid season.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

SIASBqqQyaI

Click here to read the full story...

Chad McCown is some Freudian sh*t there

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Chad McCown is some Freudian sh*t there

True story:

1. It has been a long day. :)

2. When I tagged the post on the front page nothing came up for McCown. I was shocked, we have written about him many times.

You think that would have set off an alarm for me. Nope it didn't. I fixed it now though, thank you.